skybabe76

Packing time ...

I'm slow too.

I've never been faster than 15 minutes, and that was packing for myself every jump, and making 200 jumps a season. I always expected to get faster, but somehow never did. Maybe I'm just too anal.

I'm SUPER slow now, though. I took about a year off from jumping to recover from an injury, and in that time, lost my packing skill completely (flaking is all good, but forget about getting it in the bag). I'm either starting to get it back or lowering my standards. Don't know which, but I'm happy to save the five bucks a jump. :)

I have had some of the nicest openings on packjobs done in less than 2 min. I don't dare to understand the theory behind the way the person packs. Though do I trust them to open.

It takes me forever and then some to pack, only because its a pain to get ZP in the bag still.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I have had some of the nicest openings on packjobs done in less than 2 min.

Did you time them, or was it just quick and seemed like 2 minutes?

Quickest I've packed (unknowingly timed) and jumped it is 2 1/2 minutes. Generally it's around 5 or 6. Sometimes more if I"m lazy.

Why did it say ...hope it opens ... on the first choice?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Hmm, brakes were stowed already, that got done before walking in.

Going into a Vec3 sized right for the canopy.

The pack job was something like.

Lay, straighten lines, flip, fold, fold, fold, stuff, stow, close.

and it was fast. Not timed, but I have never seen a packjob faster, and I am quite sure it was 2min maybe 3 at the most.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I take about 7 - 8 minutes to pack. One of the packers I know has done two full pack jobs and has begun flaking out the canopy on the third in the time it takes me to do one. I'm astounded by how fast he packs every time I see it. He always packs great openings too.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

This depends - understand that i Jump a 7 cell F1-11 Canopy that by definition, is the Easiest canopy in the world to pack.....

Between Loads, I'm look at between 6 and 10 minutes. Always opens soft & on heading. No problem
At the end of the day I always pack at home. This takes me between 30 minutes and an hour - I lay it out in my living room and give it a complete inspection and repack of main.

Blue ones,
=========Shaun ==========

shortest time packing has been about 2 mins or maybe less, it was a F111 :)
For my spectre I take about 5 mins, and other ZP take me about from 5 to 10, depends on the mood, condition of the ZP and how tired I am. Helps to practice practice practice.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

Ok ..... I'm beginning to think I'm the slowest packer in the universe .... how long does it take you people to pack?

it gets better... at first, it probably took me at least 40 minutes to pack, i'm probably down to about 20 minutes, and it would be a lot faster, but i just got a new canopy that slips on me when i attempt to get it in the bag.
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

My normal packjobs are down to about 7-8 minutes. In a rush, I'll do it in 4 minutes if I'm lucky.

A BIG part of my speed is that I've stopped flaking the inside of the canopy in favor of a few good shakes of the nose. It seems to work well with my Stiletto.

Check the lines, flake the nose. Shake twice, wrap the tail, set it down. Double 'S' fold, put in bag, do line stoes, close container.

By far the most time consuming process is the 'S' folds and getting it into the bag. This step can really screw me if I rush it.

Even though I do very rushed and sometimes ugly packjobs, I'm confident that any mistakes I make are the ones that will make it dificult to get into the bag, not those that will cause a malfunction.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I hate to pack. It stresses me out and it's all that's on my mind in the plane. I'm not afraid of another cutaway. I'm afraid of it being one of my packs. But when I'm forced to. 30 minutes at least. Can you see why I hate it sooo much!>:(

"Five days? But I'm angry now!"