cpoxon

Skyflyer-3 BASE

BirdMan Robert has sent me some video of him, via his brother, flying the new S3 recently at a large legal wall in Italy. He's asked me to post them so I've uploaded them to skydivingmovies.com. There are four files in total; one view from Robert's handcam and one shot from the top, both in medium and large sized files.

Medium version from Robert's handcam (3.06 MB)
Medium version from the top (4.85 MB)

Big version from Robert's handcam (8.85 MB)
Big version from the top (12 MB)

About the flight in Robi's own words,

"The flight were fast and around 53 sec w opening at 300m also I passed the creek and flew paralel w the creek for some time"

Absolutely awesome! The shot from the top is most impressive as you get a real perception of him
tracking the creek! And 300m is nearly 1000 feet!!! i.e. 1/4 of the maximum available altitude unused!

You can get some brief glimpses of how big the wings are on the new suit and it looks a little bit skaty during the initial flight!

Robert's brother Boris is trying to send me some stills from the DV that may show this a little better. I'll post them when I get them.

Some sum:

Assuming from exit to opening is 3000 feet

((3000/53)*60*60)/5280 = 38.6 mph average vertical descent rate

Boris has sent some stills from the vid. A flavour for those who can't or won't download the video. He found the opening "especially interesting"!

exit_1.JPG

exit_2.JPG

opening_1.JPG

opening_2.JPG

The videos look cool from what I can get of them ...
I've tried downloading them twice now and both times the videos are both really choppy [:/] I'm using WMP9 with all the codecs installed ... :S

Trailer 11/12 was the best. Thanks for the memories ... you guys rocked!

The videos look cool from what I can get of them ...
I've tried downloading them twice now and both times the videos are both really choppy [:/] I'm using WMP9 with all the codecs installed ... :S

What OS are you running ?

I mostly use MacInntosh and it plays MPEG´s and WMV´s really choppy becouse of the UNIX based OS.

But if you use windows... I can´t tell...

EDIT: OH.. yeah... Some BAD-ASS flying there..

I mostly use MacInntosh and it plays MPEG´s and WMV´s really choppy becouse of the UNIX based OS.

Ummm? I dual boot between Linux and Windows 2000 Pro. Linux plays MPEGs and WMVs smoother and uses far less resources than Windows Media Player. I've also played several videos that give "chop" on my Windows box (1.2 Ghz Athlon, 1 Gb RAM) with perfect smoothness on a Mac (450 Mhz G4, 128 Mb RAM).

it looks like the wings are the same as the one's used on the An 225 :P

last sunday i took a look at the SkyDiving mag in which the 300 way was in... is it just me or was Robi on a pic that showed the inside of an Otter with jumpers giving high 5 to each other? (i think it was him, the one in the left hand side of the pic with a red factory diver on)

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

it looks like the wings are the same as the one's used on the An 225 :P

what is an AN 225?

I believe that is a cargo jet found in another country :)

Yep, and I think it is the biggest plane ever made, even bigger than the galaxy.

S-P
===========================

look at the kliky kevin made: it's the largest airplane in the world... it was made in the 1980s in the former USSR state of Ukraine by the Antonov aircraft design bureau (which also built the famous An 2). it was ment to transport the USSR kind of space shuttle (to me they look the same as your space shuttles), but didn't as the USSR stopped to exist.

a few years back, the plane was renewed and put in bussines as the largest cargo plane in the world.

the discovery channel had a great documentary about it in the super (?) structures series some days back

I have not seen the pic yet. (Hmmmm... we're just next door to Skydiving mag and have not gotten ours yet.)

But, if it looks like Robert, then it likely is. He was on the 300-way record in Eloy. Robert has been on the Croatian national 4-way RW team for some time, so he's probably as good at falling like a potato as he is at flying like a bird.

~Kim Griffin
BirdMan, Inc.
-Kimberly Griffin

yes only that one,they made a litel brother to it,but also that one is huge..
If i rember rigth,then 225 can open in both ends and a ultraligth can fly thrugh it(saw it at Discovery aswell).

You've got to be kidding me? That reminds me of this flight I watched from trippin tracy in canyonlands (she wasn't actually the pilot), but this guy took a small ass cessna through some crazy tight canyons and through an arch, unbelievable... How many of you basers out there have met trippin tracy at the gas stop right outside of the park. WEALTH of info (I think she's got some time to kill).

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Hmmmm... we're just next door to Skydiving mag and have not gotten ours yet.

what? are you serious? i am probably some 2000 miles from where you are and allready had a look at it...

..::the post moves in mysterious ways::..

:P

Except for this was home video on 8mm. But yah - I think its the same pilot.

Pucker up little camper, we're goin for a little ride...

Edited with snive remark...

I'm generally way too hung over while I'm inside of the Moab Diner to pay attention to anything but when the next cup of coffee is coming and when my greasy food is on its way...

;);)

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --