verticalflyer

Herc Wingsuit vid is online

nice video !! can't believe how high people can get out the tailgate !! Who was under that spinning canopy? amazed how long they stayed under it.
-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

It was me, as you'll gather from the end credits if you wait that long, yes about 20 secs. First tried to kick it out then chopped my leg wing and tried some more, then aurm wings to really give it some. But as you can see it was now throughly wound up tight. So I chopped it, 2nd mal in 1000 jumps so not too bad but 2 more than I would of liked. I was watching the Alti and I hit my hard deck so got off it. First jump of the damn boogie too, still got it all back and was jumping again the next day thanks for Andy Fords repack that evening.

Makes for nice vid, I have my other mal on video too and that was also my first camera jump.

Glad you enjoyed the film.

Cheers

Fraser
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

HEY!!! I just saw a guy with a black suit & green wings on the video, those are my colors!! Where did he get the green wings from? That isn't a standard birdman selection last time I checked..

I suppose he is Mr Pekka Vanninen from the Parachuting Club of Kemi (in Northern Finland). The body of the suit is actually wery dark blue and the wings are bright green. It's an old GTi. Those colors are not in the standards, but I think BM will also make suits with custom colors.

Vesa

"Fear is the path to the Dark side"
(Master Yoda)

2.5 hours?? what are you on a dialup connection or something?

My connection is a University LAN (outside traffic connection 155Mbps fullduplex Ethernet in FUNET network) so I suppose the problem was in the sender... I normally get about 100kbps in so it should have taken less than 10 minutes. A friend of mine was also having same the problem so maybe the ftp server was just too busy at the time.

Vesa

"Fear is the path to the Dark side"
(Master Yoda)

HEY!!! I just saw a guy with a black suit & green wings on the video, those are my colors!! Where did he get the green wings from? That isn't a standard birdman selection last time I checked..

I suppose he is Mr Pekka Vanninen from the Parachuting Club of Kemi (in Northern Finland). The body of the suit is actually wery dark blue and the wings are bright green. It's an old GTi. Those colors are not in the standards, but I think BM will also make suits with custom colors.

Vesa

Humm.. who knows, I had asked Kim if there were any other colors that weren't listed and she said no, so maybe it's an old color that they don't make anymore or something.. oh well - he's got a unique suit now :)

Fraser,

Wow, what a great video!!! My 14 year old came in to see what all the noise was about - and being the son of a long time jumper has seen every skydiving video under the sun (and is usually indifferent to them). Well on your vid he freaked out just as I had.B| He's insisting on taking a copy to school to show.

So congratulations, a great job and thanks for doing all the hard work putting it together!!!

Unfortunately, i have yet to make a wingsuit jump. But I have a GTi on order and am looking forward to jumping it soon.

Problem is I live in the middle east and so oportunities to skydive are limited. But we have a mini boogie in early december for 4 days at a DZ in UAE. So I'll bust my boiler to try and make 10 or so jumps a day - all on the GTi.

Thanks again for a great video!!

fergs