Shark

Wendy for Moderator

:)
I think you should promote Wendy to Moderator status. She has the experience, knowledge, and always replies to the posts in ways that educate the new and experienced. I always enjoy reading her stuff.B|

Thanks,

Mark

:)
I think you should promote Wendy to Moderator status. She has the experience, knowledge, and always replies to the posts in ways that educate the new and experienced. I always enjoy reading her stuff.B|

Thanks,

Mark

I understand the concept of a moderator, but I'm wondering if the moderator does anything besides censoring posts? There's so few posts in thiis forum there's not much to worry with. So I guess I'm not really sure what the moderator's job would even be for this forum.

I understand the concept of a moderator, but I'm wondering if the moderator does anything besides censoring posts? There's so few posts in this forum there's not much to worry with. So I guess I'm not really sure what the moderator's job would even be for this forum.

It's really nice if the moderator is also somebody with some experience in that particular discipline (you) is a fairly reasonable person (you again) and somebody with no real agenda other than the free flow of knowledge in the forum (I'm thinking' you again).

I agree, you'd be a great addition to the team.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Please forgive a non-CReW type for throwing in his 2 cents worth, but...HH, I have emailed Wendy on and off since '95 and followed her postings on rec.daht and here. She has always kept a level head even when others were flaming around her.

She is always eager to share her well-earned expertise with others, especially with CRew pups and I have never noted anyone with credentials question the validity and/or value of her advice. I think she would be a terriffic choice to take over as moderator of this forum.

Wendy, like you said, there isn;t that much traffic on this forum, but what is here is of value, even to us "other" types; if HH offers you the position, I think it would be good both for you and for dropzone.com

I thank you for your time.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

But what exactly does the moderator do? Read the posts and reply? That much I can handle :-) Anything else? That's what I can't figure out!

W

Near as I can tell, you'd have to read all the posts in the forum and slap the hands of anyone who steps out of line. Seeing as CReW dogs are so well behaved, I don't think you'd have a lot to worry about.;)

Now if Clay started posting over here, you might have a lot of work to do.:D

Seriously, as long as people stay withing the guidelines of behaviour here, there really isn't that much for the mod to do in this forum, but you would have to ride herd on the dawgs and lock a thread if it drifted off topic, or delete a post if someone gets offensive, things like that there.

"Vote Wendy Faulkner for Moderator, She's experienced, Level Headed , Doesn't play political games, and has not have sexual relations with "that woman".

Vote Wendy, the choice of the Dawgs.

Political Ad paid for by absolutely no one. Void where prohibited. No purchase required. See game card for contest rules.

But what exactly does the moderator do? Read the posts and reply? That much I can handle :-) Anything else? That's what I can't figure out!

W

Simply put, we keep the bullshit factor to a minimum in the specified forums. While there are a lot of people who post here with varying degrees of competence in each discipline, there are not really too many wo regulary lurk and post with a great amount of expertise. Case in point; myself. While I used to do a ton of CRW over a decade ago, I have never jumped a "proper" CRW canopy, nor been in any formation other than a vertical stack. This means I would be a poor choice of moderator for this forum. While I don't know you personally, I have known what you are into (as far as skydiving goes...;))for several years, from checking out your website to seeing your name in Parachutist, etc, as being involved in CRW record attempts.

Generally, in these specified forums we act as resident experts to the jumpers who are interested in getting involved in something new or wanting to hone their technique. It is certainly better that we have experienced people answering those questions. It is also important that we have oversite over the forums so that some 100 jump chump isn't on here spouting "so-and-so told me that THIS is how you really do it!" It is the moderators job to then raise the BS flag and put a stop to erroneous poop being spread as gospel. Truthfully, as a moderator of two specified forums, I have very rarely had to lock threads or delete posts; but it does happen. Another thing we do is participate in special projects with Sangiro. We test new features before they are put into use on the forums and we brainstorm ways to make the site a better, more useful source.

Anyway, that's what we do.

Chuck

Add my vote to the list.

Wendy, trust me, you'd have it way easy in this forum. Like Chuck said, in the topical forums the job is mainly reminding folks to keep threads on topic, watching for the occasional flare up and debunking BS.

HH! Make Wendy green! :D

And the Green people will probably agree

Yup - and so does the red guy. It's done. Welcome on board Wendy. Thanks for agreeing to do this. :)

As one of those who lobbied for this appointment, I say thanks to HH for offering it and to Wendy for accepting. B|

Who knows, you might even be able to talk me into doing CReW sometime in the next century or so!:D