Txflier

FF Suit/Pant options for aspiring FF'r

I'm in the market to get a FF suit or pants. I'm wondering what the best route is to go. should I just get pants for now with a baggy shirt. "no I don't want the sit suit either" ;) or will a suit help more, and one I'll be able to keep using?

There are so many options out there. I'm just learning to sitfly so don't know my fall rate. If I'm gonna fork out some $$$ I want the suit to last me awhile.

Thanks for the input.
I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

I have had a Bomber freefly suit for 5 years, and now just need a newer one. I went with a Matter and paid a little extra for it, but I can do that now. I know my fall rate, and where my drag needs to be. Just get something that fits normal, and a tad loose. Eventually you will learn how to fly more efficient. Spending a lot is easy to do.

Again, for pants and a suit maybe, Flite Suit, Bev Suits, Kurupee has great deals too. I would look at those three brands there for a money minded person, and getting into the game! Welcome ;)

I'd recommend getting a suit first. Pants + baggy shirt has the possibility of covering your handles, which is not good. I doubt your progression will be better in the long run because of a baggy shirt in the start anyway.

If you search these forums, there's a bunch of discussion on freefly suits, including fit of the suit, and different manufacturers out there.

Just a few personal observations. I've had a few freefly suits over the years. I ended up getting rid of my Kurupeee suit after only a few months after getting it. The stitching started to come apart, and the zipper broke in only a few jumps. This was a few years ago, and hopefully they fixed the quality issues. I guess the plus for them is that the suit was pretty affordable. My next suit was a Freak'n suit, and I loved it. It was really well made, it only took a few weeks to get it, I had a semi-custom design, and the whole thing with options cost me around 300 bucks. I just sold it, and got an Ouragan suit, which I LOVE. It's pretty much the highest quality suit I've ever seen. I've been flying the hell out of it at the tunnel, (and this is just a regular free fly suit), and it still looks and feels brand new. Plus, you can design whatever you want, and it took exactly a month to get it. Customer service was also great. The biggest con is the price. With the shipping from Canada, additional taxes on the suit, and the custom design it came close to 700 bucks. For me, it was worth it, as I knew exactly what I needed and wanted in a suit.

Hope this helped! Good luck:)

I'd recommend a One Piece Jump Suit over Pants. They can size it to your body type and you should be able to Freefly in all situations, and have good fall rate.

Plus you can jump a suit year round, pants are only good for warm weather, you could just wear shorts and a T-Shirt for that matter.

I'd recommend a One Piece Jump Suit over Pants. They can size it to your body type and you should be able to Freefly in all situations, and have good fall rate.

Plus you can jump a suit year round, pants are only good for warm weather, you could just wear shorts and a T-Shirt for that matter.

+1

a full suit is best, not pieces. FF Pants are good for wearing at the bonfire.

I'll leave the gratuitous advertising of specific brands to the usual crowd

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Thanks for all the info. I guess my main question was Should I get a suit or wait. Kinda Like the question I'm new should I buy a used or new rig. ;)

Seems like the general consensus I've been getting is get a suit. B| One that fits moderately loose to create some drag.

Now I guess I'll shop around and start designing my suit. I looked for used ones, but damn are there some ugly suits out there. :D So I guess going new like the rig.

thanks again and anymore advice as far as material etc.. is appreciated.

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

I say go with a 2 piece suit. A one piece has one less zipper (to mess up) but a 2 piece is great for in the summer so you can take the jacket off between loads while packing etc. You can tie the top of a one piece around your waiste while in between loads but it sucks when its hot and sucks laying on the extra knot while packing. If my extra one piece will fit you then you can use it to see if you like a one or two piece and to check out your fall rate. Or just use it till your suit gets here. I personally have 2 Fire Flys suits and have had no problems out of them.

I say once you figure out what suit and fit of suit go ahead and order it.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

a full suit is best, not pieces. FF Pants are good for wearing at the bonfire.

I'll leave the gratuitous advertising of specific brands to the usual crowd

I'd go with the 1-piece as well. I have a 2-piece LS suit, which I LOVE...but if you ever want to freefly in the tunnel, the full suit is the only way to go.

(2-piece suits traditionally have enough drag that they come untucked in the tunnel, unless they're skin-tight. They stay on better in freefall because you have a rig on your back helping to secure it...and your flight time is a lot shorter).

Just another thing to think about...
Signatures are the new black.