body_pilot

Hybrid XP VFS

These are amazing flying skills. Best flying I've seen. Ever.

But I have a problem with it (and this is no offense!).. It doesn't look very beautiful. It looks like a "clockwork" as someone said it already..

Is Freeflying no eye candy anymore? Where is the beauty in this discipline gone which attracted me to "join the darkside"?

I don't find it interesting to watch another team doing the exact same movements just a tad faster...
Am I oldschool thinking like that?

Sorry, but these are just my thoughts..

as far as "best ever", have you seen Arizona Arsenal videos?

No, will have to check them out ;)

as far as "best ever", have you seen Arizona Arsenal videos? Wink

As far as "clockwork"... see, this is not really freeflying. This is Vertical Relative Work. it's competition flying. It has to be fast and precise.

Yes, I know that.
But this is where it's at.. All the good flyers are doing VRW nowadays.. I also enjoy doing it.. flying formations and points with many people is fun!

VRW derived from freeflying and now it's killing freefly (as: the revolution eats its children ;)).

Freeflying attracted me, because there were several teams who battled eachother with style and creativity..
VRW has imho nothing to do with style or creativity.

Freeflying is getting 2 dimensional, just like RW.

All your skills in honour.. I look forward to be able to fly like that someday, but I don't look forward to use my skills to create a clockwork-like image in the sky..

Ok, this is really getting offtopic now and I shoulda kept my mouth shut, but this is just the way I think. It all comes down to personal likings in the end.

Keep up the good flying :)

VRW derived from freeflying and now it's killing freefly

I dont know about that... look at the teams like Spaceland Anomaly! With their awesome flying they are inspiring new fliers out there to go the artistic route and compete at the Nationals.

I look forward to be able to fly like that someday, but I don't look forward to use my skills to create a clockwork-like image in the sky..

It all comes down to personal likings in the end.

I think you answered that pretty well ;) There will always be things you can do and learn - and that's what keeps some people going. It's supposed to be fun right? If you dont want the vrw style of precise flying - artistic freeflying is always there for you.
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

I dont know about that... look at the teams like Spaceland Anomaly! With their awesome flying they are inspiring new fliers out there to go the artistic route and compete at the Nationals.

Hmm... I don't know. With routines like the ones Anomoly puts out, signing up for nationals is a bit intimidating. I certainly can't beat that. I'll just have to try and wait it out until (if) they quit. Then the day shall be mine!
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Nice work guys, look forward to seeing you at the comp this weekend!

Ohh damn its to bad they are going to at comp. this weekend. I was gonna say if they could make it to skydive dallas this weeekend i would show them some moves. :D:D:D:D Maybe next time.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I love the concept of VFS and cant wait untill some of us are able to start giving it a go in this country.

The artistic 3way event and the new VFS event are obviously very different (similar only in that they both involve freeflying). But I dont think that either one is detracting from or killing freeflying.

The artistic event is still around, and I hope people still have the desire to come up with new and cool looking routines (after watching any of Anomoly's vids, how can you not want to give it a go?). And to those who say they dont want to compete at a national level because they would be going up against teams like Anomoly,....to that I say, huh? what? [:/] So if you cant come first then there's no point in competing? :| Ive always found that training for and competing in comps is when I learn the most whether we come first or last. (not directing that at anyone in particular, but that seems to be a pretty common mind set)

Personally I like the fact that VFS is probably attracting people to freeflying who would have previously never considered it because they dont like the artistic side. No doubt VFS is awesome and is taking precision / slot specific freeflying to another level. Cant wait to give it a go!

Imagine seeing 8 way VFS competition?! Wouldn't that be really cool!B| I personally love the VFS direction.

There has already been some experimentation with 8 way both in the tunnel at Paraclete and in the sky in Sebastian. There will be some 8 way being held at summerfest either Tuesday or Wednesday with Team Mandrin. I'm looking forward to it.......

great video guys, seems like all of the new vfs teams are really maturing in the discipline.
I agree with some of the other post, but it seems that both the artistic side of ff and the precision formats are complimenting each other. I still dont want to see 3 way go away because I think that it still elevates our sport so much.

wander how many vfs teams are going to put together some pick up teams at nats this year.

great vid guys keep up the good work
It's all fun and games till the ground gets big!