jasonRose

Where is the best place to learn to Free Fly??

well it depends on who you would mesh with...

I know some of the guys at Arizona personally...they are all very qualified and pretty damn chill....

I also hear good things about perris.

if you want to come out east there are some great coaches at Crosskeys, Sussex and the Ranch as well.

and then there is florida, but they have hurricanes right now.

Cheers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Preferably a dropzone...:D

Ok, seriously, hit one of the DZs with a tunnel, they all have some badass coaches available in the tunnel and out. Pick the one you like, the one you haven't been too or flip a coin.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I would be looking for someone that would coach for slot prices but be willing to make major jumps and have a chill attitude.. And of course a bad ass Free Flyer...

Kurt Vert coaches at Davis. Your slot, his slot plus $16. Not a bad deal, and he is definitely a bad ass freeflyer.

Preferably a dropzone...:D

Ok, seriously, hit one of the DZs with a tunnel, they all have some badass coaches available in the tunnel and out. Pick the one you like, the one you haven't been too or flip a coin.;)

Amen. Plus places like Perris and i'm sure SD Arizona have Load Organisers, just jumping with these guys during the week and coaching sky and tunnel heped my flying a lot.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Perris has been considered kindof a meca for the past couple of years but I haven't heard much about it lately. The energy in skydiving/freeflying moves in waves geographically and in other ways too.

I think a good bet would be to find someone who you click with, is an excellent teach and freeflyer. Someone who will teach you, in particular - what you want to learn, very well and go to them. Good luck.

yeah I'd head out to Eloy. Dusty and TJ are both excellent coaches. they are using the Rare-Dynamics in-air communication system http://www.skydiveaz.com/_experienced_data/exp_coach.html I think they use it out in CA, but I'm not sure.

as far as finding someone to coach you for slots you will just need to meet up with a good freeflyer at any dz. I often teach people what I know for free. I paid for a ton of coach jumps and I know how bad it sucks. plus it's good practice for chasing people around in the air.

good luck!

Yes, i did about 5 jumps with him using the system and believe me it's an amazing tool! Combining that with tunnel and normal jumping i felt my learning curve skyrocket!
The coolest part was that he'd start the debrief under canopy on the way back to the LZ. Then he'd switch off, land, pack and be ready to debrief proper by the time i got down.

Check out this thread for more opinions on the system:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1419455;search_string=In%20air%20communication;#1419455

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

My opinion is worth very little....

However, if there is a dropzone near your home with good freeflying coaches, go with that. While you can learn a TON in a month of lots of coaching, you will not learn everything. Plus, don't forget that people learn differently. Some people are like me and learn more if they do lots of jumps with a coach in a little time. There are other people, however, that learn more by doing a jump or two with a coach and then letting that information absorb for awhile.

The reason I say that you may want to spend time at a dz near your house is that while you can learn a ton in a month, you can't learn everything or even close to it. I guess I see that if you can find good freefly coaches locally, it will help you in the future when you want to learn even more. People are people, and well, my guess is that if you give a lot of money to a local coach now, they'll remember that in the future! ;)

But, once again, my opinion isn't worth much! :D
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I would recommend Perris - Eli Thompson and Mike Swanson are probably the 2 best coaches I've ever jumped with.
Also Eloy has a great selection of amazing coaches.

And to top it both places have tunnels!!

Take risks not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping