raincatcher

where is the uk freefly scene???

Where do most of the freeflyers in the UK congregate?

Ive been mostly trying to find a coach working at one of the southern DZs in the UK but to no avail. Id really like to get my head up flying sorted before I go out to empuria this summer.

"shanizle ma whnizle" Snoop dog

If you're down South, go to Nethers. Euphoria are there doing the coaching thingy.

Edit: There is a BPA freefly mailing list...check the skydiving newsgroups, there's a recentish post about it there somewhere.

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

Chris Lynch coaches at Headcorn. I did my first sit on a coach jump with him recently. If you were considering going down I would give Headcorn a call and ask to speak to him. I imagine he gets very busy with AFF and Tandems so probably a good idea to work something out in adv'

A

------------------------------------------------

"All men can fly, but sadly, only in one direction"

im with euphoria and i can honestly say it best not to come down to nethers, we're all taking off(in fact most of us already have ie.. mike in spain, andy gone, alec gone, me too in sept and only gaz here)
the dropzone is getter worse and worse

im moving up to hibalstow which by all accounts is where things are happening... westons not too bad either

and id DEFINATELY aviod headcorn, probably the worst DZ on the planet

the uk freefly scene isnt much though to be honest

I've just hooked up with Andy from Euphoria who now jumps at south cerney mostly/some.

He's promised us (my friends and I) coaching and if required other team mates will turn up pretty much on demand.

They've also got this cool in-air-comms system for coaching dives.

Fordy's a good freefly coach. He's based at Weston... although I have no idea how much coaching he's going to be up for now he has his tandem rating.

Sibson, there are lots of freefly going on there.

Yoav is over with Sibson from AZ (US) until September. I heard he's pretty good. There are few good freeflyers at Sibson - Brian, Mark, Alex Meacock & Stuart Meacock... sometime Ashley Crick turn up to jump with us for fun. There are lots of freeflyers at your range to jump with.

Hi,

Try out Weston. Its on the up in my opinion and andy ford is based there, for sure he could help you out.

In regards to Fedykins comment. Euphoria has some what fragmented and has pretty much moved away from Nethers as most of the team are now involved in other projects. However the school still remains and is now based in sunny Lillo headed up by Mike Carpenter, Pablo Hernandez and myself. Mike, Pabs and Me are the only official spokes people for Euphoria flight school (Fedykin is nothing to do with the operation of Euphoria). Other team members have moved on a little with Alec now doing tunnle training and Garry leading a more nomadic exsistance on the Brit FF scene.

Ill be knocking around the Uk around September, if you would like to book some coaching with me, contact through www.freeflyeuphoria.com

Look and you will find, All the best!

Heard good things about Lillo and the euphoria set up.
I had a great time out there last Xmas, lots of good jumps, good vibes and managed lots of jumps despite the DZ being still quite 'young' / 'new'. Cool place.

The UK scene is difficult to pin down, but there are more and more people who are keen, with a good basic level looking to hook up and jump. Sibson, Langar, Weston, Hib, South Cerney all have some representation, so just listen up and make sure you try to get involved when you pick a DZ.

Visit Http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/ukfreefly/ to learn more about and register for updates on UK Freefly (I think that should work!).

I recently had some coaching from Steve Newman of Bullet Freefly School, Langar. He was great - I'd definitely pay them a visit! Euphoria are good too, as are Space based at Hib. Also a relatively new school is Avalore at Black Knights, also worth checking out.

There is also a BPA Freefly Coaching Roadshow at Black Knights on the weekend 10/11th Sep - coaching for slots only from Rob Silver, Steve Newman and Avalore - bargain!

what is everyones problems with Headcorn? Admittedly I'm a newbie that hasn't been to all that many DZ's but I havent had any probs... it was the first DZ i jumped at after my aff (which i did in spain) and they have always been really helpful with briefings, packing lessons, advice etc., good atmosphere, good plane (let 410 in the summer), cheap bunkhouse (£2 a night) and generally no problems whatsoever...

I did some freefly coaching with Mikey in Lillo at the beginning of the month and I learnt loads, he is an excellent coach, so if you want coaching i would recommend Lillo...

LOL you just missed out dude - Sibson had it's annual UK freefly festival for 10 days this month - we had Rob Silver and Tim Porter coaching, as well as Yoav who is a great flier over from Arizona and used to compete with Alex Meacock some years ago. Alex is a great organiser (when he has time and isn't shooting tandem video) and has promised some more ff specific dives (he usually ends up organising tracking stuff for us).

As Stu said, there is always some good ff guys around at the dz - unfortunately we are all waiting for the British summer to get it's arse back into gear and make another appearance but i'm not holding my breath right now :S

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

I don't know either, will try my luck in Headcorn this weekend when it's not raining. I've been already to Hibaldstow (was a great place) and to Weston (my girlfriend did not like it so much with all the army blokes).

I'm trying to get to know some freeflyers which we can jump with, but in the UK the skydiving scene seems to be a very "cliquey" group :S..

will continue to try my luck
blues
Marcus

last time i was in Lillo i got a few coaching jumps from mikey... the guy is a world class flyer and a top quality coach... also pablo who's out there with mikey is awesome too.... both great fellas, i'd recommend them. my only regret is that i went out there to do ff coaching and got roped into fs, therefore didnt get as many jumps as i could have...

its not cheap but you get what you pay for, and like i said, mikey is ace..

chill
quote 'you are to go around... next time extend your landing gear'

... the guy is a world class flyer

Not sure about this ;) He reads these forums now and again, so me thinks clown feet might get a big head!!! Ha ha, just kidding, Mikey is a good flyer for sure.

Think he was concentrtating at bailing out a plane with Andy (Andrewnewell on here) at 1600ft yesterday!!!
Hope he managed to show some skills from that delay.
Broken rudder, no problem for clown feet!

I don't know either, will try my luck in Headcorn this weekend when it's not raining. I've been already to Hibaldstow (was a great place) and to Weston (my girlfriend did not like it so much with all the army blokes).

I'm trying to get to know some freeflyers which we can jump with, but in the UK the skydiving scene seems to be a very "cliquey" group :S..

will continue to try my luck
blues
Marcus

Marcus, hello,

Myself and Zoter are planning on heading somewhere to FF this weekend and although I'm not very good, you're welcome to come and tag along and I promise not to be cliquey! I can't imagine we'll go to Headcorn, but if you fancy joining us at Sibson (or wherever we end up jumping) let me know. We're really weather chasing at the moment which is why we haven't made our minds up.

Caz

p.s. you coming along on Thursday to the social evening? you'll meet some FFers there for sure, including Nigel who is the BPA artistics rep.

~~~ London Skydivers ~~~

well the feet may well slow his fallrate down to the point of hypoxia on a delay like that...

i discovered a streamer is a good way to slow yourself down at 16k too... err...[:/]
quote 'you are to go around... next time extend your landing gear'

Come to Sibson, there is a good scene and Lizzie at manifest will quickly put you in touch with people you will have fun jumping with if you tell her you are new and looking for people to jump with! Weather looks awful for this weekend though - again :S[:/]

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Hi there,
I've just set up www.ukfreefly.com
The website is designed with the intention of being a resource for people to find out what freefly events are going on in and around the UK, details of competitions, and also details of teams, this should include where they are, and where you can find coaching.

This weekend is the Artistic Nationals at Hibaldstow, so there will be quite a few people here,

As Vicki already mentioned the BPA Artistic Roadshow will be finishing up this year at Black Knights on the 10th-11th September, current coaches are Tim Porter and Steve Newman, listen out for further information soon!

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

£16.50 Skydives and a FREE T-SHIRT!!!

Yup, that's right!

Come along to the Artistic Nationals and join the fun!

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

what is everyones problems with Headcorn? Admittedly I'm a newbie that hasn't been to all that many DZ's but I havent had any probs... it was the first DZ i jumped at after my aff (which i did in spain) and they have always been really helpful with briefings, packing lessons, advice etc., good atmosphere, good plane (let 410 in the summer), cheap bunkhouse (£2 a night) and generally no problems whatsoever...

I did some freefly coaching with Mikey in Lillo at the beginning of the month and I learnt loads, he is an excellent coach, so if you want coaching i would recommend Lillo...

Im also wondering this.
Im about to go to Lillo and do my AFF in September, and when I return to the UK, Im intending on joining Headcorn Skydive as its my closest dropzone.
To be honest its the only dropzone in this part of the south east UK that I know of.

Ive never had any problems from anyone there either with attitude or helpfulness, but I keep hearing people say things like Fedykins comment to avoid it as the worst dz on the planet.

I dont have any experience of any other dz at all, so am I missing out on something or doing something bad by going to Headcorn?