weegegirl

2005 Freefly Goals

please pass along some of the mindtrick secrets to a sista - if you can remember them that is. I've tried breathing - heck you can see me focusing on that in videos, pretty funny stuff. i've tried goofy flying when you're kicking legs & throwing arms around (while keeping body stable) to try & not focus. but still I get the correct posistion & focus on forcing legs out & arms out in front of me (ballerina style) - then I'm just a stiff board heading straight down the tube. grrr. hopefully if i lose 15 - 20# that'll help a bit.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

haha..... i'm not one to be giving advice.... not yet at least. still ironing some crap out. but i will tell you, that currency and coaching helps me a lot. not just any coaching. the most helpful people are those who have been very relaxed and funny in the air, and give a great video debrief. :)

makes sense. saying, "damn it, don't stress, stupid you're stressing relax dang it" prob doesn't help:)
i'm afraid tension's moved in & I'm going to have to find a lawyer to evict it.[:/](stupid joke I know)

makes sense. saying, "damn it, don't stress, stupid you're stressing relax dang it" prob doesn't help

i'm afraid tension's moved in & I'm going to have to find a lawyer to evict it.(stupid joke I know)

Chew gum, it'll help ya breathe and relax :)
Performance Designs Factory Team

I can vouch for this..........a friend in Zhills gave me a piece right before a jump I was stressing over and it was probably the best jump I had completed in MONTHS. Funny how little things can make a big difference ~

I chew gum ALL THE TIME now - makes for funny video also :$

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Wow - that's a crazy suggestion. I guess I'll have to try it. I woulda been afraid of choking on the gum if I messed up.
Cool suggestion - thank you. And thanks Dee for backing it up!

I woulda been afraid of choking on the gum if I messed up.

Funny you mention that cause it is a possibility, and something I think of from time to time.

It's not so much the gum, but more the distraction of doing something else that takes your mind off creating tension on the dive. :)
Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Docks in a sit.

I had the same problem at 100 jumps, i'd come in to take a dock and focus solely on getting that hand/foot and completely forget about my legs and body position.

One of the best things that jumping with coaches/Perris LO's taught me was to fly my slot first. Focus on getting there, stop, breathe and then reach for the dock.

I also found that tunnel time with Alex Allen really helped me learn to feel the air and how to lean back when reaching for a cross dock. I'd highly recommend you get some some time in there to work on docks.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I could just imagine almost swolling the gum; then focusing on not choaking - def would be forgetting bout going hd round 200mph!

when i was figuring out cross docks in a sit; i had forgotten to zip up my jumpsuit. for some reason this was bugging me; so I reached in, zipped it & snapped the holder - w/o even losing relativity to my cojumper. from then on I had no problem w/ any kind of docks in a sit. now if i could just do that hd.

i'll buy a pack of gum for the next weekend out. thank you.

Yup, and that is exactly why it is good to focus on breathing as well. Not only does it help you stay loose and relaxed, but if you can actually be conscious of your breathing in freefall, then it will translate into your flying in a relaxed state of mind and body. If you can become concious og chewing gum in freefall, then it will help you be aware of your breathing and mindset as well.

I also found that tunnel time with Alex Allen really helped me learn to feel the air and how to lean back when reaching for a cross dock

Alex is a friend. He's the one coaching me when in the tunnel.B|
You should see him fly on his belly...:P

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Spend an entire season on your feet, without even attempting to get on your head. It will help you hugely later on.

Hmm, good point. The tunnel instructors made me get the basics of back flying down before I started sitflying. And, they wanted me to get the basics of sitflying down before starting headdown. I think it's a wise progession.

By the way, on my last jump, I managed to hold a stable sit from exit to just before pull time when I lost it and rolled on to my back. It was freaking awesome decending through a hole in the clouds late in the afternoon in a sit B|