SilverFox

Vector 3 versus Infinity

As a choice for my first container for a Sabre 2 and PD Reserve, I'm having trouble deciding between a Vector 3 and Infinity.
Any opinions welcome, it's such a hard choice. Price is not so much the issue
Blue skies
SilverFox
SilverFox

As we get older we get wiser, but we still fall the same

As a choice for my first container for a Sabre 2 and PD Reserve, I'm having trouble deciding between a Vector 3 and Infinity.
Any opinions welcome, it's such a hard choice. Price is not so much the issue
Blue skies
SilverFox

I love my Micron. I don't have direct dealings with Infinity so I can't comment much on them.

RWS = Good customer support.
RWS = Leader in gear technology and R&D
Micron = Very secure rig for all types of flying.
Micron = Comfortable harness even without Rings

I used to not like the Vector 3 because I thought it had too many flaps and took longer to close. Actually, my opinion has changed and I see how secure the rig is in freefall. I like the way the flaps close especially over the risers. Now, some people complained that the side flaps wrinkled and didn't look good. Well, if you don't close it correctly (pushing the side flaps down and secure takes 2 seconds) you will get the puckering. So, I learned not to hold that against the rig. It is an owner/packer problem.

I got the Skyhook installed because I think it is a good idea. I can't get that on any other container.

800 jumps. 8 years in the sport. Pilot.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

The last time I ordered spare parts from RWS, they took 5 months to reach me.
I canceled a more recent order after waiting 4 months.

I'm having the same problem. Although RWS is awesome with new container orders, the spare parts department definitely has some issues....

Well, I just ordered and received my new Infinity, and I love it.

It also has the interior riser protection, and the rig looks and feels great. My delivery time was a little under 10 weeks from order to arrival, and I added some things on a few weeks after I ordered it.

The customer service is awesome. Every time I called them they knew exactly which order was mine just by my name, and were very helpful. And I culdn't beat the price anywhere.

I love my Infinity. :)
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

both rigs are great, I (remember I said I, me) would buy a rig from the nearest store. If RWS is near me then a vector if its infinity I would go for infinity.

I had to buy a gear from a far place to learn that. If there is any problem with my rig it will cost me double and take longer to repair or check than if I would of bought it somewhere near.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

Both are great Rigs.
Kelly has a great secondary riser protection as RWS.
I have a Micron, I have put about 100 jumps on it since I got it and I love it!!! Really confortable In the air and under canopy, I love the rings on it.
I've jumped an Infinity for about 20 jumps and I have no complains to it exept it was a bit big for me.
I choose RWS Because its a tight secure rig, and the customer service rocks.
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

I was contemplating the same thing; the price difference with all the options came down to about $300 and I wanted the skyhook, so I bought the Vector 3M.

I'm very happy with it. Very very comfortable in the air and under canopy. Heavy, but that's because I carry around almost 500 sq ft of canopies in it. ;)
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

I have to agree with you there Bob. RWS and the other "BIG BOYS" really need to work on their customer service. The will push a sport jumpers order back for weeks so they can take care of a military order. WE have placed orders for risers and other spare parts that have taken months to get for people. Kelly at VSE has great support for his customers and will bend over backwards to help you out and make everything just right. Plus he takes care of your order in the order that it was received. Everyone of his cutomers is just as important as the next. The Sky Hook seems like a really good idea. IMHO I think the jury is still out on the Sky Hook. I have never see or heard of one actually being used yet. Im not saying that they haven't. Just haven't seen them in action yet other then their web site. I wonder if it will end up like the RSL. Some people love them others don't. It will probably end up being antoher huge debate on this site and around dropzones for years to come. "TO HAVE A SKY HOOK OR NOT" The headaches are starting already. IMHO the Infinity is the best overall rig on the market today. Especially if you factor in the support and service, price and quality.
Dom

The Skyhook system is in Use, There was a save In Skydive Houston on a Tandem that had the Skyhook and it worked fine.
Edited. I don't like the Idea of it because I like to be in countrol of the deployment of my canopies. I see advantages on it and the Idea is awesome.
Cielos Azules
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

I just bought a Vector 326 container with a PD 113R reserve and the spec. says it can fit a Micro Raven 109 & 120, PD 113R. I'm curious if I can cram a PD 126 reserve in there, otherwise, how much more forgiving is a Mirco Raven 120 than the PD 113R?

curious if I can cram a PD 126 reserve in there,

You should know what kind of answers you'll get with 'cram'.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

If you don't mind waiting till New Years.

I dont

But I'm an out of control ranchhand so dont take my word for it.

If skydive lane was swallowed by the earth and sunpath wasnt an option I would have a vector3. Bill Booth is the man and the pig still looks cool on the rig!

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

HI, i'm jumping a saber2 190 and a PD 196R in an Infinity container. I bought the container used and needed the leg pads and chest strap modified for me. Infinity turned it around for me in a week no rush. Their customer service is ledgendary.
Infinitys are great rigs, I can't comment on the vector 3 having never jumped one. The sky hook seems like an attractive feature, I'll wait untill they been around a couple of years to see how they work out. Good luck on your quest for a rig .

blue skies

jerry

>I just love the cut-in feature on the odyssey

I think alot of manufactors are offering this anymore, some just don't advertise it. The option was first around in the 80's so its not anything new...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sometimes you gotta wait for the best...

I do. The Infinity.

I just love the cut-in feature on the odyssey

And I love the way my Infinity fits me well. As Phree said other manufacturers offer this, and IMO it aint worth the $200 Sunpath charges for it.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

$200 Sunpath charges for it

Now must go look at the order form. 200 bucks? I've built a "few" harnesses in my day. 200 BUCKS???? What a scam.

I prefer the Infinity and don't dislike the javelin but it's certainly not my rig of choice.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto