dhammons

Infinity container

[people on email...unless they're running short in the shop, then he's under a machine and not on the computer.

I think they have a guy out sick today, I'll bet it's a bit busy.

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty Ford Clinic. -Patsy

I am just waiting till pay day and placing that order. Can't wait..can't..just can't.........guess I'll have too:)
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

You can't go wrong with an Infinity.

I never liked how so many rigs with exposed/partially exposed pilot chutes will loosen up and look awful with PC material exposed.

Concerning options: He offers a really good low profile reserve handle (shown temporarily installed) and loop cutaway in attach. Get the pinstriping.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

if i just emailed the email address on the contact page for vse, how long do you think it will take for a response?? just curious!

We have a record number of orders in our shop right now, so it might take us a couple of days to get back to you but we will definitely reply. We also get a lot of junk mail. Sometimes I erase e-mails that look like junk (sorry). make a note to Jeff or Kelly and I'll read it!

Blues,
Jeff
VSE

if i just emailed the email address on the contact page for vse, how long do you think it will take for a response?? just curious!

We have a record number of orders in our shop right now, so it might take us a couple of days to get back to you but we will definitely reply. We also get a lot of junk mail. Sometimes I erase e-mails that look like junk (sorry). make a note to Jeff or Kelly and I'll read it!

cracker, i PM'd you!

Blues,
Jeff
VSE

I just finished placing an order for a new Infinity this week through my local Drop Zone - Skydive Santa Barbara. This is my first rig and I can't wait for it to show (10 week leadtime).

I sided with the Infinity for a couple of reasons - the riser protection, the cost, customizable color scheme, and *reputation*. My Rigger gave it a great review, and a friend has let me jump his Infinity more than a handful of times. In addition I heard great things about the rig while in Elsinore, CA during a recent weekend trip.

During the jumps with the friends Infinity (thanks Erik!) the rig felt awesome. I've packed it up and it closes great - no complaints at all. The rig looks sweet too, I'm thinking I'll probably sleep with it when it first shows up ;)

I actually called and talked to Kelly about the order and he seemed really cool, I know VSE is a smaller company but I have heard nothing but good things about the customer service and quality of the product.

"Ad Infinitum..."

/counting the days until I have to throw the girlfriend out of bed and let the rig take her place...
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell

As owner of one infinity container I have some very personal opinions on my infinity here it goes:

Pro's: looks great, very comfortable, safe, very good riser cover, hip rings are great, I like the way the RSL routing is velcroless, the shoulder pads are very comfortable, rigger friendly, the way it covers the risers that it don't show is very cool, wide leg pads are great and comfortable, very very good customer service and they help you in everything they can.

My personal Con's: I bought my rig when it had 50 jumps, on the rig jump #76 the main pin cover tug tap broke (the plastic), on rig jump #89 the grommet of the top main flap came out (i thinks its numbered 1) had a rigger fix the grommet, I still can't pack it the way its supposed to (have the first 3 flaps meet grommets and the fourth flap only kiss the third flap) I think I need a video to see what am doing wrong in my packing or most prolly I got a bad one.

I emailed velocity about my cons and they were very friendly and even asked me if I could send the rig back to them so they could check it out for free and change the tuck tab but my reality is that I live in another country and it would cost me about a 100$ to ship to washington and another 100$ to ship back and thats good jump money so the only thing they could do was send me the tuck tab for my rigger to change it.

Will I buy another infinity if mine gets lost? I will have to meditate this answer.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

I have seen a few of the tuck tabs break on the Infinity. Usually do to the fact that they are closed wrong. If you don't follow the closing instructions it may happen. Just read the packing instructions and do what you are supposed to and you shouldn't have any problems. If you can't figure it out, give them a call and they will help you out.
Dom

My $0.02 as a rigger -

We've replaced cracked stiffeners in Infinitys ... and just about every other type of rig on the market as well.

Their customer service couldn't be better, in my opinion. Recently called on Wednesday and had a replacement ripcord Friday a.m., in plenty of time to get our customer's rig ready to jump for the weekend. Plus the ripcord was CW03-01 precertified and the paperwork/billing was spot on. Refreshing.

We don't see a lot of Infinitys on the east coast, but our customers who have them love them, and they're quite rigger-friendly. Pretty safe for freeflying too.

Thanks, Kelly et al.
Alpha Mike Foxtrot,
JHL

What information about firsthand cutaway experience would one want to know?

For example, I have found that the VectorIII has a reserve fire problem. Two examples of what I mean:
1) A jumper I know from another DZ need a reserve ride for a lisence qualification. Intentional cut-away (it was time for a repack anyway). He took up his VectorIII AND a front-mount reserve for that nestalgia thing. Pulled main. Cut away (4000 for safety reasons), pulled reserve. NOTHING. Checked over shoulder. NOTHING OUT, RIG CLOSED. Went to belly-mount.

2) Fellow jumper had to pull on the ground for a rigger to repack reserve. Pulled silver. NOTHING. Rigger about had a heart-attack. Jumper used left elbow, right elbow. Reserve fired. Rigger found another way to pack the reserve that was not manufacture recomendation and reserve has popped ever since.

Scary, eh? The moral to this story is that first had experience about pull tension, pin pressure and finally, reserve firing is important to KNOW THAT IT IS GOING TO WORK.

Does that make sence?

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

I have found that the VectorIII has a reserve fire problem.

I and a lot of other people have Vector III's and I am very interested to hear the details of these total malfunctions you described. I have had two reserve deployments on my Micron and they were quick, clean deployments.

Derek

Grommets don't have to meet in order for them to be correct. In fact, certain rigs are cut such that the grommets don't meet when properly packed. If you have questions, contact the Mfg. and let them explain things for you!

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

I have found that the VectorIII has a reserve fire problem.

I'd be interested as well (as would the rest of the world). I've packed up many Vector III's including one Micron. Except for the already open reserve containers, I test fired all of them and most were done with the main still in the container. There is nothing unusual to report.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

the VectorIII has a reserve fire problem.

I have had some discussion as to this remark. I WILL create a post that will discuss this tomorrow. I need to talk to my rigger about the situations that were witnessed. I know that this is now a giant red flag for anyone that jumps VectorIII, so let me get to the bottom of it and back up my allogation. YOU WILL SEE A POST ABOUT THIS NO LATER THAN TOMORROW. I apologize for the scare, I thought that this may have happened at other DZs across the country/world.

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
- Voltaire

It was the first thing I asked before getting the container, there is a thread about it. All grommets, except for the last one, should meet.

Correct, the last grommet should not touch the others. You'll also find this on some older Vectors as well as a few other rigs...

"...and once you had tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward.
For there you have been, and there you long to return..."

I have been watching this thread for awhile and finally decided to post...B|

Well... let's start from the beginning.
I have had a plethora of different containers in my skydiving career (Talon, Reflex, Jav... uh... Classiflyer... if any of you old timers remember it...etc.) and I preface my comments by saying that I do work for many of the skydiving manufacturers, distributors, etc.

The container...
Out of all of my rigs I am far more pleased with the features and comfort of both of my Infinity rigs than any of the other rigs I have flown. I like the way they close... my rigger likes to pack em... I feel confident in any skydiving discipline that the rig will function as a container should.

The company...
Since day one I have had the best relationship I could ever want with a skydiving equipement manufacturer. I make great looking ads, cool decals, slick t-shirts for the company and VSE allows me the PRIVILEGE to jump and recommend Infinity to those who are looking for new gear. Kelly and I have built a great working relationship as well as a good friendship over the past few years. I can honestly say that I really do like admire the company, the high quality products it builds and the reputation for being one of the best customers service providers in the skydiving world.

I've met or worked with almost every company in the industry in some form or another and I can honestly say that VSE has a great product that I feel confident in and would buy over and over again...

Frankly I am extremely happy with the relationship I have built with Kelly Farrington & VSE. If I HAD to choose another container I would go with a Javelin... but since I don't HAVE to wait 24+ weeks to get a Jav... I would BEG to get another Infinity.

All of that aside... since I know Kelly will probably ready this... the only negative thing I can say about Kelly/VSE is that he should pick a better brand of car or at least one that isn't in the shop for YEARS at a time.:P

For your amusement and viewing pleasure I have posted a photo of both of my Infinitys... and yes the one on the left IS the one used in the ads

Anyone who doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg for an great rig should consider an Infinity... lots of different containers out there, but it's the little value added things in VSE service and product quality that really bump the Infinity from an AWESOME rig to an OUTSTANDING rig.

Sincerely,
GraficO
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."