Spdu4ia

oh god... help me join the camera club

I have read pages, and pages of posts on who jumps what camera ,and what they are good for, and what not to get. But i am still wandering around like a jackass. I cannot wrap my head around all the names and abreviations...

What i need is someone to tell me get this model and this number. example: "get a Sony PC100"

I have a Z1 Evo Freefly helmet i'm going to mount it to, and just use it for fun jumping. I just want something small, reliable, and semi decent picture quality. I'm not Speilberg. I will probably put it in a box (if that even matters). No cam eye , no bite switches, no frills.

PLEASE HELP ME! and god be with you if you tell me to search. My search button sticks i used it so much. :S

ps and no my jump numbers arn't current so dont go there either B|

THANK YOU ahead of time... oh thank you so so much

Buy a Sony XDCAM EX or a RED One.
On a subject such as freefall photography, you might want to update your jump numbers?

Find a used 109 around somewhere, or a PC100. Any narrow-profile camera will do for a sidemount. especially if you don't need LANC.

Bite switches are for still cameras.

Maybe an HD cam? AVCHD? HDV?

What i need is someone to tell me get this model and this number. example: "get a Sony PC100"

Get a Sony PC100.

haha thanks. i appretiate all the help guys/girls

so far i have

-Sony PC100
-Sony PC1000
-Sony XDCAM EX or a RED One
-Sony PC109

from reading i see that most are not made anymore and i will have to find one via ebay or the classifieds correct? anything i need to look out for purchasing used?

so far i have

-Sony PC100
-Sony PC1000
-Sony XDCAM EX or a RED One
-Sony PC109

from reading i see that most are not made anymore and i will have to find one via ebay or the classifieds correct? anything i need to look out for purchasing used?

Be very wary if you see a used RED One.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The PC cameras are getting harder to find and their prices are going up. You might consider the HC40 or 42. The quality of the picture might not be as good, but as a new camera flyer myself, it more than meets my needs. They are light weight and narrow, both a plus when side mounting. They both have the LANC port. The HC42 has a docking station that some don't like. The HC40 has the cables connect directly to the camera. The best part, you can find them for around $200 on ebay. I picked up a second one for a backup, just in case.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Here's a quick summary.

1st- you need 200 jumps to jump video. There that's out of the way.

Sonys are primarily the camcorder of choice for video fliers. Mostly because the older model competitors were prone to tape flutter.

PC series are thin tall camcorders good for side mounting.
109 etc are just model numbers each have different options.

TRV's are no longer made and have been replace (more or less) with the HC models. they are wider shorter models. Better for top mounting.

If you really want to buy a camera I would suggest (as would 99% of video flyers) that you wait until you get the jump numbers because at the rate the new cameras are coming out you'll be a few generations behind if you don't use it for a season or two. start putting money aside for the 2009 model now. Then, when you are ready to fly it you will have the top of the line still under warranty HD camera...probably with no moving parts.

OR
I've got this AWESOME TRV-19 I'll sell you for a VERY GREAT price of $1900USD:D You pay for shipping

My photos

My Videos

The PC cameras are getting harder to find and their prices are going up. You might consider the HC40 or 42. The quality of the picture might not be as good, but as a new camera flyer myself, it more than meets my needs. They are light weight and narrow, both a plus when side mounting. They both have the LANC port. The HC42 has a docking station that some don't like. The HC40 has the cables connect directly to the camera. The best part, you can find them for around $200 on ebay. I picked up a second one for a backup, just in case.

thank you very much as well. I looked into these and it looks like exactly what i'm looking for. I dont need a $1000 camera just to shoot friends and fun jumps.

sorry i'm asking so many questions i'm sure you all have heard a million times but...

if I do go with a HC series cam what box would be recommended. are the boxes listed by what camera would fit in them. i was looking at the cookie boxes. is there anything else i would need to mount it (as far as mounting plates or brackets) or is that all included with the box? any thoughts?

On a subject such as freefall photography, you might want to update your jump numbers?

Thats damn fine advise...personally I think that everyone should try and keep acruate jump numbers...years in sport...licences...ect showing on the forums....

nothing worst then ........wait...oopsy...

Look at your own profile DSE ;)

Thats damn fine advise...personally I think that everyone should try and keep acruate jump numbers...years in sport...licences...ect showing on the forums....

nothing worst then ........wait...oopsy...

Look at your own profile DSE ;)

mea culpa. jump numbers change too often to keep up, but my license doesn't.