Does Cat Crap really work well on lenses?

My PC9 and Royal Lens keeps getting tiny condensation droplets randomly, and in particualr when i fall through a small piece of cloud.

Has anyone used Cat Crap? What's it like? Is it easy to apply and does it work? I live in the UK and we can't seem to get it here for some reason so my option is to pick some up in November when i'm back in NYC or, if there is any kindly soul out in the US who would be bothered to purchase and send me a small tub, i will paypal you the full cost, or buy you something online of equal value.

Thanks for any reviews

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Dave....
Try making sure there is no water /condensation in the lens to begin the day with ( wipe the inside) and the make sure there is no 'gap' inbetween the thread of the lens and the thread of the cam...ie screw it on tight !

Also in lieu of catcrap....get the SMALLEST little drop of washing up liquid and rub it onto the inside of the lens......keep rubbing it till its no longer 'streaky' and there you go...no more condensation!
If you cant get it to not be streaky....you used too much washing up liquid.....:D you only need a tiny tiny tiny amount, not even a full drop

I used this technique on Ice hockey visors that always 'fogged up' and have used it on lens's before...works for me.

Sorry, but I have to ask.
Other than the obvious answer, what the hell is Cat Crap?!

It's a lens cleaner/polisher. Works very well, too. Safe for coated lenses.
http://www.basegear.com/catcrap.html

With my old HC90 and Diamond 0.3 lens, I never had any serious fogging problems, and I used nothing special. If I went through a really bad cloud of course the front of the lens would fog momentarily, but it would fix itself fast.

With my new HC5 and Raynox 5050 lens the fogging has been HORRIBLE. Fogging on the front of the lens and not clearing (giant water drops continually rolling down the lense), and fogging on the back of the lens (or maybe even on the front of the camcorder lens for all I know) and that fog was still there on exit on the FOLLOWING JUMP.

Of course, today was pretty moist in general... even my XT lens filter fogged on the inside, which has never happened before and I've always jumped the same combo there.

So I guess I will have to give cat crap a try. The only thing I use to clean my lens now is disposable lens wipes. Wonder if I could just put cat crap on top of there, or if the solution on the wipe would negate the crap?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

So I guess I will have to give cat crap a try. The only thing I use to clean my lens now is disposable lens wipes. Wonder if I could just put cat crap on top of there, or if the solution on the wipe would negate the crap?

Good question, and I don't have an answer; someone else may.
FWIW, I use catcrap for the spring/summer months, or when shooting an all-nighter in humid areas, it works great. I also keep a microfibre cloth in my helmet at all times, FWIW. It's probably got catcrap embedded in it.

The back of the lenses and camcorder lens see a "polishing" any time I take it off. Otherwise, I don't mess with them. I do use a sealant on the threads of my wide adapters tho, so that possibly makes a difference. Bear in mind, where most of our/my work is done is in 5% humidity or less. Very different story where you are.
Short answer however, is yes...the backs and camcorder lenses are treated on occasion.

yes, you can "over clean" or "over polish" a lens by cleaning too often or pressuring too hard, or by using paper-based cleaning products, or a mix of all of the above.
Found a good page on cleaning that might be of use.

Thread sealant? Nose oil. Seriously. Silly trick I learned a long time ago from a filmmaker, and maybe it's not really all that great, but it definitely helps keep lens threads smooth, and allegedly assists in keeping out minor moisture.

Thread sealant? Nose oil. Seriously. Silly trick I learned a long time ago from a filmmaker, and maybe it's not really all that great, but it definitely helps keep lens threads smooth, and allegedly assists in keeping out minor moisture.

Wow, by nose oil I guess you really meant nose oil.

The things I did not know! :D I will have to see if it really works on beer foam. Good party trick? ...you decide. "Hey baby, want me to de-foam your beer?" I had no idea my greasy nose was good for anything.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Didn't read your link, but yes, nose oil is a great party pleaser. Wipe your nose (or behind your ears) and that oil is great for dissolving the head on beer. Also a good lip balm, and thread lubricant for threading needles and lens/filter threads.:D
Some people say their nose oil tastes good:S