paulledden

No ports in the base.

Can anyone advise me as to which of the Sony PC camcorders can be mounted on a flat top without any need for removal to access all functions.

(I want DV in and out and LANC also and no docking stations)

Thanks

Red Kite

NB I'm getting conflicting info from the various reviews I've been checking out hence 'ask the experts'!
The probability of being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions at the time!

Not at all.....my knowledge of camera gear is minute.
But for example.....

Sony PC9 - cannot get the cassette out when it's top mounted.

Sony PC106 - cannot get the battery out when it's top mounted.

I'm scouring e-bay for a Sony PC that can be bolted on and will 'do everything' it can from that location. The information I'm getting back is forcing me to turn my back on some bargains!

Regards

Paul
The probability of being observed is directly proportionate to the stupidity of your actions at the time!

Why not do like the rest of us and mount a quick shoe of some type, (stroboframe, gold member, ect)
And then you can remove the camera and change your tape with out having to realine it every time you remove it
At least then you won't have to pass up those good deals.

Or you could get a older trv that loads the tape from the side and would do what you want to do with out removing it (old school)

And stay away from the PC7, the lanc sucks ass.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

ALL the Sony camera's are bottom loading. You have to remove them all off a top mount to change tapes.

According to my memory HC1000 can be loaded while mounted on the top. I could be wrong though.. It is also very well suitable for a top mount.

Not likely to show up at e-bay ;) but the new HC3 is top loading tape and non dockable.

Ya think???? ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-HDR-HC3-HC3E-HDV-1080i-HDV-PAL-Camcorder_W0QQitemZ7610459262QQcategoryZ20333QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PAL. In Hong Kong. ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon