FFlyer

Where do you keep your cameras?

My hc42 only came with a soft zip up bag, which doesn't even fit everything in it. The hc42 needs a docking station for firewire etc so I cant fit that in the bag aswell. Im also not really happy about keeping my camera stuff in this bag while at the dz, especially when at boogies and big weekends because if it falls or gets stepped on,...its gone.

So what does everyone else do with their camera stuff while on the dz? Are there any hard cases that can be bought which can fit everything?

IMO, Pelican make the daddy cases.
http://www.pelican.com/product/cases/

I've had one for ages and have lugged gear (mostly laptops etc) all over the world in it, its still in good shape.

Or you can get a decent tool box for a reasonable price from most hardware stores, and then cut some rubber foam to fit your stuff.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I'm with nacmac, I have a Pelican 1600 and have my film still, three lenses, film, video camera, extra tapes, batteries, remotes, cables, pens, CD's, extra lenses for my video camera, and cleaning cloths. I still have room for a second video camera, my new digi still, and lenses.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

here's an idea
cheap and works well for me and several others who bought one after seeing mine
I have a film slr and lens, digital slr and two lenses, trv video camera and extras all held securely and safely in mine. The lenses are off the cameras when stored, but that should give you some idea of the capacity.

edit to say: if you have a local Lowe's or Home Depot, I'd go there and look. The picture on the website depicts a divider with loops for tools and such, whereas mine came loaded with eggshell foam on top and customizeable foam (squares that are almost cut out... it's hard to explain) on the bottom. Regarless, if you bought the case with tool stuff in it you could buy the foam to fill it with.

Got a Pelican Case for all my cameras, helmet included, for long distance journeys.

Other than that, I have a soft camera/helmet bag (from Square One) that I keep it in. The cameras stay attached to my helmet.

When at the DZ, I'm usually shooting camera all day, so the cameras are either on my head or on a peg with my rig. Cameraflyers look out for each other and our helmets are very distinctive.

If I'm out playing (other than shooting camera), the equipment stays locked up.

Have fun! :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

IMO, Pelican make the daddy cases.
http://www.pelican.com/product/cases/

I've had one for ages and have lugged gear (mostly laptops etc) all over the world in it, its still in good shape.

Or you can get a decent tool box for a reasonable price from most hardware stores, and then cut some rubber foam to fit your stuff.

I do lighting for concerts and events... I have seen $250,000 projector lenses AND $1.50 adapters both shipped in Pelican with great success... And, often the truck loaders will use the $250,000 lens in a pelican to stuff the gap between a heavy road case and the wall of the truck, and the lens stays unharmed...

There is my vote...

This year I invested in a TAMRAC cyberpack where I can put everything inside. Still-camera, objectives, video, laptop, tons of cables and adapters, tapes, whatever...

This was one of the best investments ever, now all I need is where I search for first :-)

alex

--
www.tandemmaster.net
www.skydivegear.de

Thanks for the ideas. Those pelican cases look great!! But im not sure if we have anything like that here in south africa, but ill definitly have a look.

Otherwise I might have a look at a hardware/tool shop. Might find something suitable there.

I'm also a big Pelicase whore :)

I usualy go to and from dropzones by motorcycle, and they are great in protecting your cameras from bumps, rain and would probably even save your cameras if you where to throw it in the river B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Anyone know what size Pelican I need to be looking at to store a FTP, Stills, video, and misc accessories?

1610 or 1660 A couple of the vidiots at SSM have these, they store helmets, all cams, rigs, suits, lappy's etc in them and they roll.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

here's an idea
cheap and works well for me and several others who bought one after seeing mine

That's what I use, too. It carries 2 SLR's, 3 stil lenses, a PC120, 3 video lenses, chargers, every cable I ever need... 3 box of tapes, 6 rolls of film...

It's a good, cheap solution... But I think I'm going to upgrade to a larger Pelican 1600, for the extra space.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Those pelican cases look great!! But im not sure if we have anything like that here in south africa

Bren, i've seen them at the climbing/ camping store in Sadton City, i can't for the lide of e remember what the name is but they do have them. (It's not Cape Union Mart).

They weren't cheap when i looked at them, into the thousands, but hey, what price can you put on your camera?

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Thanks peej. Ill go have a look. Sounds like that's a bit out of my price range, but worth a look.

Np dude... i was also keen on them when i read some threads a while back and went looking, i too ended up leaving with my tail between my legs :D

I liked Nacs idea of getting a tool box, perhaps one of those Big Jim guys that they sell at Game and Makro? Cut some foam to size and you could have a plan. Only problem is they don't lock like proper toolboxes.

edited for spelling

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

"CAS Camera(s)" are the SA Agents for Pelicases. I know that they are in Cape Town in the Table View area because I have bought replacement liners from them for my cases, but they may have a branch in Johannesburg. You'll have to get the number from enquiries because I lost it, but that's how I got in touch with them.

Anyone know what size Pelican I need to be looking at to store a FTP, Stills, video, and misc accessories?

either the 1500 or 1600 series

get the padded divider option

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

"Only problem is they don't lock like proper toolboxes."

You can always get a hasp and a padlock from the same store.

I have both, an aluminium type tool box and a pelican, it all depends on your budget and expected abuse.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson