StevePhelps

is it possible to have A/B transitions w/o rendering?

Is there a version of ADOBE PREMIERE that allows tranitions in the A/B line WITHOUT rendering?

I have 6.0 and you have to render. Someone said they believed 6.5, 7, PRO or some other version automatically rendered the transitions of video on the A/B lines. Anybody know?

All NLE requires rendering unless its doing background rendering. For a lot of editing the background rendering is fine and its not noticible, but if you start getting crazy and tossing in all sorts of disolves, fades, and other effects then it still takes the same number of CPU cycles to do the rendering. You can either have it doing those cycles in the back ground while you are tweeking a trim of the timeline, or you can have it do it at the end. If you import video and drop in 3 complex transitions right way and go to export then its got to render. If you pull in the video, and transitions and then spend 15 minutes tweeking the credits and triming the timeline then the whole time its doing rendering behind the scenes and might be done before you are done tweeking.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Are you saying they DO require rendering before you could export to tape, though?

If you have your camera attached whilst previewing the footage you can view and record it without rendering. I dont know about Premiere 6 but can definatley with Pro/7 and 1.5.

Bryn
Journey not destination.....

OK here's the thing - Premiere started real time effects and transitions with a version of 5.0 that was only sold bundled with accelerator cards like TARGA 2000 and Pinnacle DC1000. It was a standard with 6.5 and up because of the general increase in processor and bus speed.

You can don many of the effects eral time but depending on you computer's processor and memory and bus, you may have limitations.

SOOOO . . . .

If you are running Pro, just watch the little green line at the top of the time line "yardstick". If it turns red, render the thing and play it from the time line - you can record that way with smooth transitions and effect without exporting the movie to a file. If you are running 6.0 or s slow machine with not much memory - just render the work area to check the effect - finish the project and export the movie to a file or to tape.

If you want to speed things up and get some pretty nice DVE's get a Matrox RT.X100 Xtreme Pro accelerator card.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

All NLE requires rendering unless its doing background rendering.

While this certainly -used- to be true, with current computers and software, it's possible to have not just A/B live streams, but quite a few more.

You -will- have to have a very powerful system, but a dual 2.7 ghz Mac runnning Final Cut Pro 5 will, I believe, handle up to 7 live streams without rendering (depending on the effects involved).
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

All NLE requires rendering unless its doing background rendering.

While this certainly -used- to be true, with current computers and software, it's possible to have not just A/B live streams, but quite a few more.

You -will- have to have a very powerful system, but a dual 2.7 ghz Mac runnning Final Cut Pro 5 will, I believe, handle up to 7 live streams without rendering (depending on the effects involved).

Technically I think it's still rendering in the background, just so damn fast as to be invisible to the user. I may be wrong tho..
illegible usually

Technically I think it's still rendering in the background, just so damn fast as to be invisible to the user. I may be wrong tho..

No rendering required. Does NOT render in background. YOu -can- render it if you still want to, but if the timeline indicator is green, you're good to go just playing it the way it is.

I know this sounds like a cheap line on a date, but, "trust me".
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

No rendering required. Does NOT render in background. YOu -can- render it if you still want to, but if the timeline indicator is green, you're good to go just playing it the way it is.

I know this sounds like a cheap line on a date, but, "trust me".

I so wish I had the ability to test it out, wanna buy me a Mac?

(My computer sucks and renders very slowly)
illegible usually

I use a Pinnacle DV-500 card with Premier. For both the preview and the final output, the card does all the rendering real time for wipe, fade and peel transitons. Any 3d effects need to be rendered though.
Oh...and I paid $750 for the card 3 yrs ago. There is a price to pay for real time rendering.

dave

I use a Pinnacle DV-500 card with Premier. For both the preview and the final output, the card does all the rendering real time for wipe, fade and peel transitons. Any 3d effects need to be rendered though.

What version of Premiere are you using? I also have a DV-500 and Premiere 6.0. All transistions require rendering. I also have Premiere Pro 1.5 on another system (no DV-500) and transistions don't require rendering to preview on that system.

So is it the card or the program?
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video