superstu

post your best shot

Great shots!!! Thank you guys for sharing!

As an aside, this thread would be amazing to see on a forum that would enable pictures in threads! Is there a reason for dropzone.com allowing pics as attachments only ???????

Carlos Martins
Portugal www.cj.smugmug.com

As an aside, this thread would be amazing to see on a forum that would enable pictures in threads! Is there a reason for dropzone.com allowing pics as attachments only ???????

Ease of loading a page.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

pretty cool.. not quite the norman deanna jent shot fo years ago though...

i dont ususally post in this forum, due to lots and lots of the same " i got nex "x" "x" what is teh best way/setingd/i probasbly shouldnt be flying camera but i am anyway ...

but fuckall that, i just got a new job, and with it, a money shot...

Steve, great shots, as usual :)
Do you adjust any of the color or other atributes of the pictures you have posted?

Your pictures look extra crisp and I was just wondering about weather you tweak them or not.

Thanks,

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Steve, great shots, as usual :)
Do you adjust any of the color or other atributes of the pictures you have posted?

Your pictures look extra crisp and I was just wondering about weather you tweak them or not.

Thanks,

Arvel

NO, it was that combination of hery high sun 2PM and very low cloud layer (around 4,000) The white clouds on the bottom reflected back up for brighter, crisper colors. Plus the dude had on a bright orange and blue jumpsuit. :)

steveOrino

Nice one!!!!!

We've been toying with the idea of opening before the tanadem for a while and coming in and flying next to them for shots like that.

How did you get that shot? Were you the Tandem cameraman?

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

You don't need to open before the TDM to get shots like that.
You can get the opening shot and then dump and still be just a little below them, by the time you get your shit together and stowed, the tandem can come down to you, just make sure your not right under them when you deploy, that way if they have to cutaway your not in the way.
I get a lot of shots of them under canopy and a lot of time follow them all the way down doing no contact "crew" type formation flying, if you jump a hotrod canopy, forget about it.
If you going to do this you need to plan it ahead of time with the TM and they have the right of way always.

~
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Wow, very nice shots! Thanks for the advice.

Yeah the other camera guy who i was talking with jumps a 90 Velo so he had to open before them.

In the end he actually got some really nice footage when he came flying past them, spun himself round in his harness and snapped a few pics.

I dunno how much chance i'd have of staying with them on my canopy either.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I did open before them just because it wasn't a paid camera jump, I just wanted some cool canopy shots.
Ensure you pre-plan the jump with the TM (OF COURSE!)
Unfortunately didn't get many good shots because I left the AF point at dead center, so it couldn't focus anywhere else in the frame :( >:(

(If you haven't worked it out I was on camera :$)

Cheers,
Jason.