pope

EOS digital Rebel XT prices--HELP!

found the following:
"Canon EOS Digital Rebel xt (EOS-350D) 8.0 Megapixel, SLR Digital Camera (Silver) - Body Only"

for under $400.
is this an average price or too good to be true?

for those that have purchased these cameras--What did you pay????
cheers,
pope

If it sounds too good to be true IT IS! Don't waste your time just go to a rebutable dealer like Butterfly Photo, B&H or even try Buy.com for that matter. When I was shopping for my Digi Rebel I was amazed at the number of scam artists out there. The story went like yea thats the price but you need to buy the warranty, the battery, the charger, the lens cap, the box etc. etc. :D

I strongly suspect a scam. The XT is holding its price of $850 + at all the reputable dealers.

I will guess that if you contact the advertiser, they will tell you that $400 is for hte body only, which you cannot get without also buying the other items normally included in the box, which add $450 + to the price. Then your card will be charged and you will never receive the merchandise. When you complain that you never received it, they will charge your card again, adding another $100 for handling this time, and send you a camera that does not work. When you return that, they will charge you a 15% restocking fee, then go out of business. There are lots of photo equipment scams out there. Be very careful. It is worth paying 80% of retail to get it from B&H or Adorama.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

I have a 35mm Rebel G. I have a 24mm wide angle lens. Stupid question, but I can use that lens for the Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL EF-S 18-55MM KIT - EOS 300D.

Also, can I use the same bite switch?

Thanks,

-
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

I have a 35mm Rebel G. I have a 24mm wide angle lens. Stupid question, but I can use that lens for the Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL EF-S 18-55MM KIT - EOS 300D.

Also, can I use the same bite switch?

-

Clint, just make sure the bite switch has the stereo plug on it. The film series EOS cameras don't mind, but the digital rebel does. It won't write the pictures to the CF card until the internal buffer is full if you use the switch with the mono plug. So after three shots your camera becomes ridiculously slow..

About the 24mm lens, yep.. that will work just fine on the digital rebel, just keep in mind that with the 1.6 crop factor you end up with the 35mm equivalent of a 38mm lens, which is a lot less wide than what you are used to with the 24mm on the film body.

Iwan

I just ordered an black XT, body only, from Dell for $722.13. This includes shipping and tax (I live in one of the states they have to collect tax for). Without the tax it would have been under $700. In order to get this deal, you have to sign up for a Dell Preferred Account (credit card). Once you do this, go to http://www.slickdeals.net and use the discount codes listed.

Let's hope it works out.

- Dan G

If you are looking for a good deal, here is one on slickdeals.net. Its through Dell so it should be verifiable and reliable.

Here is the link to the offer.

http://www.slickdeals.net/#p5973

Scroll down a little to where you see digital SLR's listed and see how they have the coupons and deiscounts stacked to get the price they have listed.