WrongWay

How do you tell the difference between a Cameye 1 and 2?

The obvious way to tell the difference between the original Cameye and the Cameye II is that on the original Cameye they used (what was it?) blue and green on their lights to indicate when the camera is on and/or off. But the brainiacs who decided to design the Cameye II decided that it was better to use Red and Green instead. Of course these idiots never realized that there are red-green color blind people out there (what is it 10% of the male population is color blind, like yours truly). Anyway, it is almost impossible to tell the difference between the two colors on the Cameye II. Give me five minutes alone in the room with one of these idiot designers and believe me they would never make that mistake again. But I guess they don't give a shit about a certain segment of the market. Of course these idiots have also decided to discontinue production of the Cameye, so guys like me are just plain fucked up the ass. Thanks for nothing you bunch of morons (can you tell that I firmly believe I wasted money on my Cameye II as it is pretty much a useless product for people like me who are color blind.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The obvious way to tell the difference between the original Cameye and the Cameye II is that on the original Cameye they used (what was it?) blue and green on their lights to indicate when the camera is on and/or off. But the brainiacs who decided to design the Cameye II decided that it was better to use Red and Green instead.

My CamEye II uses blue, red, and purple.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Not mine!!! >:(

Are you sure that it is a CamEyeII?

My CamEye II is pretty much useless to me and any efforts to fix my problem by the manufacturer has gone on deaf ears. Don't buy the CamEye II if you're color blind as you're just wasting your money.

Not mine!!! >:(

Are you sure that it is a CamEyeII?

My CamEye II is pretty much useless to me and any efforts to fix my problem by the manufacturer has gone on deaf ears. Don't buy the CamEye II if you're color blind as you're just wasting your money.

It is definitely a CamEye II. Perhaps sometime during the production run, they decided to change the colors of the LED's.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

wasted money on my Cameye II as it is pretty much a useless product for people like me who are color blind.

For some of us who are not color blind they also did a disservice. When you turn the camera on, the LED shows green, and it does not switch to red until you hit the CAMEYE button and start recording. So the Cliff Notes version of that is:

RED means video'ing is a GO.
GREEN means STOP video'ing.

I know lights on the camcorder, yadda yadda yadda, but it would have been a little less confusing. That's all I'm saying.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I've been told by the manufacturer of the CamEye II that now the CamEye II uses blue/red. But they used to use red/green up until Nov of 2003. And well this doesn't help me at all with my Red/Green color blindness. I watch for the colors to change and this is the only way I know if my camera is on or off. Other than that, the CamEye II is pretty useless for me. Of course I don't think I'll be doing too many camera jumps this summer, as the pond (assuming they actually build it) is calling me. ;)

I've been told by the manufacturer of the CamEye II that now the CamEye II uses blue/red. But they used to use red/green up until Nov of 2003.

I have the receipt for my CamEye II. Para-Gear shipped it to me on 06/19/01.

Well sometime between 6-19-01 and November of 2003, they decided to the change the CameEye II to use the red/green (much to the dissappointment of color blind people like me). Well at least they stopped that stupid practice of using red/green.

Is the swoop pond ready yet? Cause if it is, I don't care if my CamEye II used pink. :ph34r:

Nice thing about red for rolling is that it doesn't have nearly as much impact on your vision on a night jump as green (for get ready) would.

C.

Brother Wayward's rule of the day...
"Never ever ever go skydiving without going parachuting immediately afterwards."
100% PURE ADRENALENS

Canuck,
If you contact Helen at Skytools, she can provide spare LEDs that you can splice/solder inlieu of your 'green' ones (yuh know they will provide spare plugs .. well they can do the LEDs too!). Mine cost me a couple of $$, but if you ask nicely (perhaps explaining that you can't see green) then she might just give them too you.
Dude, if you can't see green ... how do get a ground rush ;)