Deuce

A very badass camera flier

Please see attached, and come back.

What's wrong with the picture? The guy is hand holding his Canon with the ( I think its a ) 100-200 mm Image Stabilization lens.

He exits the Herc handholding it. He flies way above the skydive and visually frames, via the viewfinder, the shots he wants. He even alters the zoom for cropping. In freefall. :o

At the Herc Boogie, if your assigned organizer isn't manifested for a while, you can go along as second camera with other organizers, with their permission. Heck we even had as many as four on some loads.

Anyhow, one of the most astounding things I've ever seen in the sky was this guy, he's a Finn named Ola, I think (Somebody please correct me as I'm probably wrong) continuing past me in freefall after I deployed, taking pictures and framing as he went by at terminal. We had agreed on in before hand, but seeing it was just amazing.

I wish I spoke Finnish so I could have asked him more questions, but I did find out that learning this technique only cost him one camera. B|

At pull time he clicks it into this carabiner thing on his chest strap.

Dude, the response is "Hey Deuce, that would be ME"

Thanks for sharing the jumps! Again, you tearing by me at terminal handholding that rig was just one of THE coolest things I have ever seen in freefall.

I really hope I get to come back in two years so I can pick your brain some more.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, the only Finnish I currently know is "Salmiakki!"

:)

Yup, it's Jussi Laine.
He has lately been into this long lens - camera in his hands thing. I would say he is best renown for images of himself, since he has various systems of connecting his camera to his foot/hand/skysurf etc.

He is really a cool guy and an exceptional camera-flyer...

BTW Deuce... I was on many of the jumps you filmed... when are we going to see some pics - huh?

Tomppa

Damn, Deuce!

You got video of it?

Ditto! i would love to see this in action --- all i keep thinking about is the drag the lens has in freefall :o! gosh, that must be REALLY cool to watch!

i really adore Jussi's style in all of his photos. it's amazing how he designs metal-hand-held-mounts B|* i have checked out his gallery many times... he & steve-o are my favorites! and of course my texas-boy j. hill!

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Dude, the response is " Hey Deuce, that would NOT be ME":P:P

check my profile, wrong last name ;)

-D'oh! Sorry!

oh yeah, salmiakki rocks!!B|

Ach! I got to try the new Cola-flavored kind. It is the hard liquor that every 8th grader dreams about.

:P

"-D'oh! Sorry!"

don`t worry, it`s no the first time i`ve been confused to be him.....:P B|:$

"Ach! I got to try the new Cola-flavored kind. It is the hard liquor that every 8th grader dreams about."

oh, i haven`t tried that one
:o:o:o

fyi, maybe you should refer salmiakki as Salmiakki Koskenkorva, aka, "Salmari" :P:PB|
at first i thought you were talking about candy....

hey, you know what, what the hell, pm me yor address
;)B|:P

From Jussi's profile!
The only item (this far) that I've ever dropped unintentionally was a ukulele I jumped with (and a camera and the board and a lei) in Hawaii...

Anyone mental enough to jump with a ukulele is good in my book. Although understandable if you ever heard anyone play (I use that term loosely) one.