quade

What video cameras are you jumping?

I am mostly interested in what -currently available- cameras folks are jumping.

If you have more than one, feel free to mark it as well.

Also, please feel free to expand on this survey by making a comment or two.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'll start off the comments by saying that I'm jumping a current TRV22 and have a couple of TRV10s as backups, but I'm probably going to get another TRV22 in the very near future as a "second" camera for competition jumping.
quade -

Yeah, actually my "good" 10 has become somewhat flakey and was already rebuilt at about the 3 year mark. It's 4-years old or so. The other 10 I got used about 2 years ago and it's pretty trashed. Not really sure how much longer I want to throw money after them.

$350ish to rebuild a 4-year-old 10 or $450ish for a new in box 22.

I think I just want to get another 22 and be done with it.
quade -

PC101.

I think that you've excluded the vast vast majority of non-pro jumpers from the poll. Most non-professionals use PC series cameras, and you've only listed the PC109, which has been out maybe 6 months max...

This makes the cameras such as the pc105, which is still being sold new due to existing stock levels, as an "old" camera.

Yeah, I'll admit I kinda cheaped out on the research on which to base the poll. I just went to the Sony web site and took the names of the ones posted there. Unfortunately, as I think we're all aware, Sony has a really bad habit of burning through their models. I think there have been some models that came to market and then went away in less than a year. I don't know what their R&D budget for stuff is, but I guess they make it up in volume.

I think they'd make more profit and it would be better for folks like us, if they had a slightly longer production run between these very minor upgrades.

Anyway, this is why I also wanted comments.
quade -

To my knowleged there have been the pc, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 100, 101, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 108, 109, 110, 120, 330.

I probably missed some. ;)

Some I think were only sold in some countries - eg the pc2 and pc4 I think were only for Germany... don't quote me though.

Also oddly the 110 came long before the 109 :S

And I'm not sure what happened to the pc102...

Still using the trusty old TRV-8 and PC-1. I really really wish they still made them like this. Especially with EXTERNAL controls like fader, etc. I hate the idea of having to use the pop-out screen for editing while shooting.

Does anyone have a new TRV-8 in a box in the closet? Anyone....:(