freefalle

What kind of cameras do you use

Just curious to see what is popular out there.

Im using a PC100 video

a digital cannon for still using the stock 18-55 lens that came with it

and for 35mm Im using the cannon rebel with a 28mm lens

Im looking for a 2nd video cam to use as a back up but I haven't decided what to get yet,,,Im looking for something used

For a Helmet, Im using a hawkeye but only until my Flat Top Pro arrives

Right now, a Sony TRV19, in a Bonehead D-box, on top of a Hawkeye TM. I didn't mount my EOS850 yet. I decided to wait on mounting a still until I can afford a digital Rebel or a 10D. Film was just getting to be too expensive. Well, too expensive when directly compared to recurring costs in digital cameras ($0+batteries).
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Sony PC101 (TRV-20, PC1, TRV-900, VX1000 for back ups and ground)
Canon D60 (20mm, 15mm prime lenses)(Sony DCS-V1, Olympus E20 as Back up and ground)
Pentax ZX-10 for film (28mm lens)
Canon 550EX Flash

Bonehead FTP, BF ringsight, CameyeII, Conseptus Bite switch (homemade hand switch as bach up) is the primary head gear and camera mount... also have Bonehead Mindwarp with L-bracket. And for the different shot, Verticalvision belly mount...

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Sony TRV 30 - .5 Hama Lens
Sony PC120
Canon Eos 10D
Sigma 15mm lens & Canon 25 - 105 mm lens
Flat top Pro - Tandems / AFF important paying stuff
Headshield wildside - Coaching / Fun jumps (whatever they are!!)
Conceptus Tongue and Bite Switch
Cameye 2
Plus all the other mounting plates etc.

Bryn
Journey not destination.....

Sony dcr-trv20 with .42 lens and either
a Sony VX-1000 next to it....
or a Sony DCR- TRV7 next to it..
both on the top of a bonehead BatRak...
2 cam eye IIs....
I use a Sony DSC V1 with hand held, multi function remote..(includes an amber light to indicate the camera is on )
The camera ( 5 m. pixels) fits nicely on the forehead, below the vids...
The TRV -20 and the V 1 are both set with quick
release hardware... so I can hand hold them,,,for ground shots, boarding shots,,take off...
even "in the plane shots"...
Everything connects in less than a minute and i'm good to go...:)

Panasonic NV-DX100 3CCD

Oh really? Please keep us updated as to how well this works for you. Normally I'd avoid Panasonic for jumping, but I'm curious if their higher-end models are more reliable...

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Well, I have jumped with it about 15 times so far. RW, tracking and freefly, working great on every discipline. At this moment it's not the camera that sucks if something sucks... It's me ;)

Video quality is very good, still captures are worse than on PC-9 for example, but who captures stills anyway? :) At my DZ there is one other video and photographer, who uses the same digital camcorder with good results.

Only bad things on it what comes to my mind, is that you can't use Cam-Eye on it and you have to put additional "block" to the bottom of the camera if you wan't to get video out from the camera to the screen. So if you use "base-screw?" on the helmet, it needs some work after every jump. I ask another jumper on the plane just before exit to check recording light. Works fine so far. It's easy to put camera on and recording with just feeling the buttons.

If you want great video quality with no useless extra features, it works very well.

I'm just starting my camera career, but I've already sold my soul to the videodemon B|

:)

I ask another jumper on the plane just before exit to check recording light

for years.... before cam eye II
I would carry a small mirror ( like a cosmetic folding mirror)...to check my lights..it works very well. and goes right into my jumpsuit leg pocket just before climbout:D:).......... yes andyman the panasonic 3 chip does sound interesting,,, as does Vertifly's Canon, (is that
also a 3 chip "pro-sumer" camcorder???? ) ...i'm not really up to date on model #'s...:S
fly safely ;)

for years.... before cam eye II
I would carry a small mirror ( like a cosmetic folding mirror)...to check my lights..it works very well. and goes right into my jumpsuit leg pocket just before climbout ........

I still use the mirror since my LANC port on my camera is busted. Works great!! and I can get myself in the video to!!

Oh really? Please keep us updated as to how well this works for you. Normally I'd avoid Panasonic for jumping, but I'm curious if their higher-end models are more reliable...

_Am

I'm using a Panasonic NV-EX3. I've done about 50 camera jumps on it, with no problems. In fact if anything I have had a couple of oopsies with the camera, like forgetting it in my car's boot outside of the camera case, just rolling around after too much beer,or dropping it once, and it still works fine!

I am very happy with it and haven't had any problems.

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, will be true!

GR-HD1 HD a JVC HD camcorder, resolution 1280x720. Made over 100 jumps with it. Top mounted, obviously :-) . Copy to DVD via RGB cable in 480i mode. Could do 480p but not all DVD/TV will play it. HD copy only to HD VCR (no slow mo) or to computer via 1394 with (slow mo and photos OK). Stills via Minolta D7 (5Mp), working OK, still.
Andre

i'm using Sony PC 109 with 0.25 lens (waycool blackeye).
Sidemounted on bonehead optik with handmade d-box which is actually molded on the helmet without any gaps where lines could get in (somwhat like ff2 from 2Kcomposites) though the helmet (optik) is way more comfortable...
"George just lucky i guess!"

Old helmet that went splat was a BH FTP holding a TRV20 w /.45 in a dbox, and a Rebel 2000 w/ 28mm fixed.
New helmet soon to be in use will be a new Optik Illusion with a TRV22 w/ .6 in a dbox, which will be top mounted until I get another Rebel to top mount and I'll move the video to the side. Unless they come out with another plate like the z-bracket to mount the still in front under the video. That would be ideal;)

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.