CBurket

bite switch or tongue switch

Start a search like the one HERE.

For the record, I started with a hand switch, then converted to a Conceptus bite switch. The bite switch was good but I found too much movement with my daBomb helmet with every frame I took.

Then tried the tongue switch. It works great! The Conceptus newest model gives good feedback with every input. You -know- when you've taken a frame.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

When I got my Flat Top Pro, I ordered a bite switch and quickly found out that the helmet moves WAY too much with that kind of jaw movement, so I got the tongue switch instead. First one sprung a leak and became unreliable, I'm on to #2. I like it, but I never really know how many pictures I get until I'm on the ground and check the counter on the camera. I've considered going hand held (even bought the parts) but I really like being hands free.

I wonder if I send my leaky switch back to Conceptus if they will reimburse me?

Canuck

Wow, I have to give you credit on trying to market your product.

Digging up a thread that is almost seven years old. That's good use of the search function!

Looks like a good product. I have gotten so used to my tounge switch, I don't know if I could change now.

But, just out of curiosity, what would the final price to a USA customer be? Shipping and exchange rate considered.

Blue Skies,
Jason

Hi Jason,

The price for USA is the same for other country.
Just make the proper currency convert.

Example: Model SUS001001 for Canon Canon EOS... is now 52.20 Euros.

52.20 Euros = 76.09194 U.S. dollars (Google currency)
Shipping: 7.50 Euros = 10.93275 U.S. dollars.

This is a Premium Switch with 5 years warranty, ready-to-use, very small and super-thin device, put anywhere inside the helmet... :P

Blue Skies,

Carla Pinto

Nuno Lobo Paulo
Skydive Ultimate Switch . www.ultimate-switch.com
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 00351 919 327 315

Hey Carla,

Thanks for the reply.

So that's about $86 final price. That's a bit more expensive than I pay for my tounge switches.

This is a Premium Switch with 5 years warranty, ready-to-use, very small and super-thin device, put anywhere inside the helmet...

I have NEVER gotten five years out of a tounge switch though. It might be worth the extra cost up front to have a more reliable switch.

Certainly something to consider.

Do you intend to have any US dealers set-up for sales/service?

Thanks again and Blue Skies,
Jason

Here is some additional info that Carla sent me (by PM accidentily)

If you change the photo camera the Ultimate Switch works, isn't like other devices like bite switch or tongue switch. They only work with your actual model.

If in the future you change camera, only you have to do is by the Ultimate Switch Plug & Wire for the new model. Cheaper than by all new system.

Regards,

Carla

Judging from the attached pic, it looks like the contacts on the Stereo Plug are wired together where blowing on the switch closes the contact for the Auto focus and Shutter release on a Canon EOS camera(which is the same way my Conceptus is wired)

Looking at the pic in your classified ad, it appears that you can adjust the pressure that it takes to close the switch contacts(very cool feature).

The more I learn about this product the more interested I become.

Have you thought about setting up dealers in the USA to help promote the product over here?

Thanks again and Blue Skies,
Jason

Yes I intend to have dealers on US and on the main skydive conutries.

Like make the Ultimate Switch a European and Internacional patent, the search off the best internacinal dealers is hard work. But in the next few weeks I have news for you.

Blue Skies,

Carla Pinto
Nuno Lobo Paulo

Hi Jason,

Yes, you can make your personal blow adjustment, to do you best timming/pressure to trigger.

The Plug & Wire is basic the same "setup" them other switch. Whem you blow the camera make the Auto Focus and Shutter.

One more attach. Model SUS001001

Blue Skies,

Carla Manuela Pinto
Ultimate Switch - Skydive Premium Blow Switch
http://www.ultimate-switch.com
[email protected]
Portugal . Europe
Nuno Lobo Paulo