skykittykat

Britain is Forgeing Ahead...

From the recent news that Sparky has joined Bodyflight Storm (an all female team) and Airkix have signed up Claire's replacement, it looks like that both teams will be chasing Gold in the UK Nationals hoping to represent Britain in the World Meet in the Open Class.

Will an all female team take an open medal in the next World Meet?

I can only express my best wishes for both Storm and Airkix and that they achieve their goals in their 2-year plans.

It wiill be an interesting year regarding teams in both the US and the UK.

Liz

So who's Clare's replacement in Airkix?

No idea, but I would hazzard a guess that the person will be a kick ass skydiver like the rest of the team.

Liz

The answer will probably be on this website, when it works that is :-P
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Swoop

I heard it from what I would like to think is a reliable source but have been trying to confirm it. Their website www.teamelan4way.com does not yet appear to work though. Happy New Year etc DT

Emma - any update? and did you know there was a problem with your new site?

The website is working now and welcomes Tarnya Hollis as the new person on point. On the sponsors page Bodyflight Bedford is so far the only sponsor of the team listed.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Sacha is joining Connextion 8 way team, along with Phil Hartree, Andy Scott and Mark Whitehead.

Replacing? Derro, Ruffle, Pookie and ? (because they are US based)?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

More Brit Interest!!

I bet you didn't know that Katie Woods from Langar and Bedford wind tunnel is actually from Belgium?

Well she must be as she is jumping with SPA Hayabusa this season (as long as she can pass the entrance exam to the belgium military)
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

Best of luck to team Elan this season!

they have a website up - linked to skyleague article today

they really have their act together in the marketing plan: in addition to the huge successes from Airkix last year, also willing to highlight the attractiveness of the players to get more press in a market that just doesn't completely understand or appreciate the great skill potential of team; getting articles out on their stunt careers, etc. it's nearly impossible to get press on skydiving unless it's an incident and very cool to see a team succeeding -

should be a fun season to watch their dives and point average

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants