GQ_jumper

Which team from the US will win the Malevsky meet

For those of you thinking another country may win, YOU BE THINKIN WRONG!!!!:P I'm personally split between the two Airspeed lineups, bein the Airspeed junkie that I am and all!!!
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Are the Knights going?

I think we have about 6 or 7 20+ potential teams in the US right now. A couple sleepers in the works if I listen to rumors.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

There are only 4 teams going. Fire, Both Airspeed squads and Fast Trax.

It is tough to call. I think that Fire and Fast TRax have the training advantage this year. THey are only doing 4 way, Airspeed is training both events at the same time. In my mind that will hurt them.

That being said. I do like Airspeed Odyssey a lot. Andy is a friend and has coached us this year. Great guy. That Eliana ain't to bad a skydiver, throw in Mr. G and Brian. Well that is hard to bet against.
Dom

It is tough to call. I think that Fire and Fast TRax have the training advantage this year. THey are only doing 4 way, Airspeed is training both events at the same time. In my mind that will hurt them.

i agree that fast trax trains there butts off, but they haven't quite been posting the scores of a world class team thus far, i agree they are definitely on the rise and maybe on their way to being a dynasty like Airspeed, but this may not be their year.

it would be great to see them prove me wrong though, one more world class team to toughen the competition on the homefront would be awesome.

Andy is a friend and has coached us this year.

I get the privilige of training with them at a tunnel camp in july, I'm beyond excited about it. still waiting to see who the instructors are gonna be though, I have no preference I think the world of all of them

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I also know Eric Gin very well. Come to think of it, he coached us this year as well. He is a great guy. Likes to start trouble though!;)

Don't forget, they (Fast Trax) took third last year at Nationals and they have the same line up as last year. I think they stand a good chance this year of really doing well again.
Dom

i agree that fast trax trains there butts off, but they haven't quite been posting the scores of a world class team thus far

Really? On March 19th they posted an 18.3 - you're not going to win a world meet with an 18.3, but you'll do quite well with it. I'd say that makes them world class.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Really? On March 19th they posted an 18.3

On May 21st they did a 16.3.

you're not going to win a world meet with an 18.3,

You will not medal without a 20.

Fasttrax is a classy group. But they have not yet posted a 20, and ALL of the others listed already have.

To quote Robert Frost (way out of context....But what the hell):

"From what Ive tasted of desire, I hold with those that favor fire".
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

You will not medal without a 20.

Agreed, but only 3 teams will medal at a world meet, there's a lot more than that competing. They're all "world class" teams since they're representing their country. That's my definition of "world class" at least. I guess if you define world class as medaling at a world meet, than no, they're not.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

They're all "world class" teams since they're representing their country.

A US team did a 15.8 at the World Cup 2002. They represented the US, does that make them world class?

If you think just going and representing your country makes you World Class, then Iceland with its 1.88 makes them World Class.

You can decide who is world class by just off hand three things:

1. Been to the big game.

2. A certain Average.

3. Throwing darts.

1. Some comps you don't really need to qualify. Tetrad was going to go to a WC 1999 to represent the US. They were doing a 12-13....Does that make them World Class? I'd say no.

2. A certain Average. A 20 Average seems to be the standard.

3. Well I like darts.

I don't think just going is enough...Frost 2002 was invited to the Saudi Nationals to represent the US. We were doing a 15...Would going have made us World class? I'd say no.

For example...Pete Allum is World Class. He has never gotten a medal in 4way at the World Meet (as far as I can recall)...But he is World Class. Same with Thomas.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

that's a pretty accepted standard right now I thought

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

that's a pretty accepted standard right now I thought

At least for the last five years (Corowa 1999 was the last world meet with 3d place scoring under 20)

While I'm a huge fan of the USA (who among us isn't), lets not forget about the french and the russians. In Croatia, the Russians put up some amazing rounds (See rounds 5 and 7). Not sure if that group is still together, but if they are watch out.

Also, lets not forget that Shannon and Bobo from Fire both have international bronze to their credit from a world cup a few years back in Eloy while on Genesis/PD Blue. From the early 2005 videos, I'd give the US edge to Fire, but never count out the Airspeed program when international competition is on the line. I saw them do some amazing things in Gap (albeit 8 way). The international scene takes them to a different level. Should be interesting to see how the new players react.

Italy with Pete should also be tough.

Should be a great meet. Maybe I need a russian vacation to check it out live.

Who said 4-way isn't a spectator sport. Nothing better than watching live judging in front of the Jumbo-tron with all of the competitors on hand.

Steve
GT

While I'm a huge fan of the USA (who among us isn't), lets not forget about the french and the russians.

France has a new team this year (and they don't participate in Malevsky 2005). Russians have a new team member. There is no way I underestimate them, but I personally believe they will need some time to get back above the 20 point mark.

Italy with Pete should also be tough.

Agreed.

Should be a great meet. Maybe I need a russian vacation to check it out live.

Kurt will be on the spot providing live coverage.

but never count out the Airspeed program when international competition is on the line.

And for this reason I think Airspeed will win. Yes, they have new people on their team but the skills and knowledge of the overall team is incredible. Fire will do good but I don't think they will outperform Airspeed.

B|

Ok ... my previous post was a joke but seriously, how come you do not even consider the possibility on non US team taking the first place?:S As a fun of Airspeed you should know that the whole project was started with a goal to bit the French who dominated the 4-way 10 years ago.

The new Maubeuge is a very strong team and cannot be ruled out. Look what they did to GK’s in 2003
http://www.omniskore.com/comp/2003/WPC/2003_wpc.htm

In addition there are several other WC teams ... Sinapsi comes in mind first.

Lol Ron ... I am surprised you do not know the name of French 4-way team

The French have a team? ;) (NOTICE THE SMILEY!!!!!)

Jerome David, David Moy....Hell I have video of TAG somewhere.

I was just busting on them.

Lol Ron ... I am surprised you do not know the name of French 4-way team

The French have a team? ;) (NOTICE THE SMILEY!!!!!)

Jerome David, David Moy....Hell I have video of TAG somewhere.

I was just busting on them.

I missed Fyodor's post saying that French have new lineup and are not going to compete.

just thought it is little silly not to include the competition into this poll

Well the thread title is "Which *US* team"

Also you are suffering under the idea that the French are "Competition";) (Again, please notice the smart ass smiley option).

Well the thread title is "Which *US* team"

Well, the reason I started this is because I found the title a bit cocky;)

Also you are suffering under the idea that the French are "Competition";) (Again, please notice the smart ass smiley option).

This idea is supported by scores. I am sure you know what I am talking about ;);)