GQ_jumper

Which team from the US will win the Malevsky meet

After reading this whole thread and looking at the voting, it seems that a lot of people are undervaluating Velocity - remember they have Kirk Verner (World competitor/winner since 1992), Neal Houston (tenacious competitor with a lot of world experience and wins behind him), Dennis Rook and Andy Honigbaum (goals are to be 4 and 8way world champs in the same year - both world champs in 8 way last year). The whole team has an awesome vibe about it.

Ditto...

I have $50 bucks on Velocity!!
Plus I taught Andy H. everything he knows, so they should be a shoe in:P

Jason

whassup, jason. :P missed ya this year in AZ. had to jump with eliana and dennis this year instead of you. :P:D

---------------------------------------------------

anyway, back on topic. this is the purse for the 2005 Malevsky cup:

Prize Money
are awarded in Anton Malevsky Memorial International Cup events:
4way Open / 4way Female
1 place $ 7 000
2 place $ 5 000
3 place $ 3 000

8way
1 place $ 11 000
2 place $ 8 000
3 place $ 5 000

Freeflying
1 place $ 5 000
2 place $ 3 000
3 place $ 2 000

Individual Accuracy Landing Male /Individual Accuracy Landing Female
1 place $ 1 500
2 place $ 1 000
3 place $ 500

Skysurfing (Combined Male and Female)/Freestyle Male / Freestyle Female
1 place $ 3 000
2 place $ 2 000
3 place $ 1 000
----------------------------------------------

...and the schedule:

June 20 - July 2
- training period

July 2
- judges arrival

July 3
09:00 - 17:00 - judges conference
07:00 - 18:00 - official arrival and team registration
10:00 - 18:00 - training jumps, official training jump
18:00 - last arrival
19:00 - official briefings, draw

July 4
07:00 - 12:00 - competition jumps
12:00 - 14:00 - opening ceremony
14:00 - 21:00 - competition jumps

July 5-7
07:00 - 21:00 - competition jumps (including semifinals and finals)

July 8
Reserve day. Excursion to Moscow (competition continues in events which are not completed)

July 9
Closing ceremony (competition continues in events which are not completed, last competition jump- 14:00)

July 10
Official departure
------------------------------------------------

best of meets to all the competitors!

Plus I taught Andy H. everything he knows,

God help himB|

Have you been to the Isle of Man lately???

Liz

Hi Liz,
went last year... had a blast. Might go back over xmas although there are not many jumpable objects on the Isle:(

peace,
Jason

Somebody mentioned earlier that the title of this thread sounded incredidly cocky, well let me clear a few things up;) First off I am cocky!!! I can't help it, I'm just naturally good at everything I do:P, except for all that stuff that I don't do well(which is just about everything!!).

Secondly, the scores don't lie, with the US holding the top three slots, Airspeed Velocity and Fire being tied for first place going round for round with their scores. Fastrax got off to a slow start but showed an incredible third round with the highest score that round of 28. Airspeed Oddessy is only two points behind the number four slot due to penalties in the third round, and if there's one thing Airspeed can do it's play catch-up. I remember seeing them fighting for the first place slot in 2003 Natoinals after they lost it to penalties, they fought so hard they scored two points higher than any other team on the hardest dive of the meet.

Looking at the 8-way, the US tied France in the first round of the meet. Round two they posted two points behind, still holding on to second place. Airspeed is what I consider to be one of the most consistent 8-way teams in the world, but they do have the odds stacked against them considering the fact that they spent the first half of the day fighting it out in the 4-way arena while the french team is fully rested come jump time. The end of the 8-way competition is scheduled for the day after 4-way is over so I know we will finish strong, although it is far too early in the meet to be saying we'll still be behind come the last day.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

At the moment Fire are in the voting lead....But really folks...as a team they have NO experience on the world stage...teams (and individuals) crack under real pressure...That's what makes Airspeed the winners... (for more than just the odd season).

I almost wish I had put money down.

I said you will not medal without a 20....Fastrax did a 19.9 and was in 4th. (Although a GREAT show...The last round got em.)

I predicted Fire on top....And they smoked (And not just Natasha;)).

FT really threw me...I knew they would do really well, but WOW they smoked round 3 and held second place for a long time.

Amazing show....Maybe the best comp I have seen.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I'm not sure who said "as a Team" Fire has no international experience. While this might be true, Ian, Shannon and Eric do already own a bronze medal from a world cup and Gary is a world champion with tons of international experience. Whlie they and natasha have not competed at that level together, its seems a bit off to think this group would crack under the international pressure. As somebody mentioned, the scores speak for themselves.

Frankly, I think Nationals will have even more pressure. THe only thing at stake at this meet was pride and cash. Nationals has a world meet (adn to some extent, world cup) birth at stake. It should be great to watch. Add GKN and Majik to the mix and there is one heck of a shoot out gonna happen.

Steve
GT

Bring on the Nationals.

The Malesvky Cup has shown what needs to be done.

My 2 cents worth, Airspeed will take the 4-way and 8-way at Nationals and I do not say that to bitch at the other teams.

This year's US Nationals will be the comp to watch!!!!

Let the best team win...

Liz

Airspeed taking both seconds was quite a feat considering they were probably the hardest working team of the tournament, spending far more hours than anyone else competing. And still going to the last round in every event. It is going to be one hell of a battle for nationals this year. good job to all our teams though.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower