GQ_jumper

Which team from the US will win the Malevsky meet

Fastrax did score a 16.3, but you have to remember that meet was not out of an Otter, it was out of a CASA and all most all the teams at that meet were figuring out tailgate exits all day and it was clearly hurting almost all the teams

Yes, and I understand it.

however, do you think Fire, or one of the AS teams would have posted a 16.3 out of the tailgate?

I was *Just* in the tunnel with Niklas and team Fastrax *Select*. They are some good skydivers, and good people. They are gonna do very well, but Fastrax has not yet posted a 20, and all of the other teams have already done it THIS year.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

OK so just for the sake of me bein a shit talker, and to piss off the French!!! Who thinks there is a chance we may even see the US take the three top sots?

Personally if that happened I wouldn't care which of the US teams took which position, it would just be great to see.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Fastrax just posted a 22.8 for this weekend's meet.

Yep, and WOW!

It is gonna be some meet in Russia

Good for them
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Fastrax just posted a 22.8 for this weekend's meet.

:o

That was a really fast draw, but still... WOW

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"really fast" is an understatement. Wish that draw was being used for the upcoming weekend.

Still take away round one and they did a 20.4.

So I guess this weekend you have your "coming out?"

Didn't mean to take anything away from the performance of fastrax.

Yep - GT will make its first appearance of the season. Should be worth a few chuckles. We have no video and only about 60 jumps with this group. SSL this weekend will be the battle of the PC's. Should be very entertaining.

Ron - were you guys Team Zhills this last weekend?

Didn't mean to take anything away from the performance of fastrax.

Oh, I know. I tend to ignore any super burner rounds since they inflate the average of a 6 round meet.

I just talked to Billy and he said they were gonna finish the draw tomorrow, should be very interesting. Good for them.

Yep - GT will make its first appearance of the season. Should be worth a few chuckles. We have no video and only about 60 jumps with this group. SSL this weekend will be the battle of the PC's. Should be very entertaining.

You have Thomas?

Ron - were you guys Team Zhills this last weekend?

Are you so lazy that you could not bother to click on the team name?;)

How'd your team do? (I don't see your scores on skyleague yet)

I just sent them in to Kurt a few hours ago.

It's off topic, but we tanked (10.2, but with that draw......) We had a good round 2 and 6. That was it - major screw ups in every other round. Several brainlocks and sloppy flying. It was pretty disappointing. (still, a team personal best, but with that draw.......) ((and with us:P, we don't ever seem too happy>:(, but I see a good 9 points left out there due to stuff we just don't do, not even in competition. Even there, we learned a lot about staying in it on a LONG day.))

But we learned a ton and had a good time. Solly was the coach and he took the time for as many teams as he could to just sit in a stuffy room and go over everyone's video with each team that was interested. Class act and super good with each team in a 'custom' look at what they are doing, not just the standard input for everybody the same - if you know what I mean. We learned a ton. Again, I'm very jealous of you Big DZ guys for all the knowledge you can go find locally.

I'm hoping some video of Fastrax gets posted on Kurt's site.

The major comps will be very cool to track as everyone is bringing up the game as the season goes.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

After reading this whole thread and looking at the voting, it seems that a lot of people are undervaluating Velocity - remember they have Kirk Verner (World competitor/winner since 1992), Neal Houston (tenacious competitor with a lot of world experience and wins behind him), Dennis Rook and Andy Honigbaum (goals are to be 4 and 8way world champs in the same year - both world champs in 8 way last year). The whole team has an awesome vibe about it.

My money is on Velocity followed by Odyssey and then Fire.

8-way - Airspeed.

Bring on the Malesvky Cup.

My 2 cents worth.

Liz

After reading this whole thread and looking at the voting, it seems that a lot of people are undervaluating Velocity - remember they have Kirk Verner (World competitor/winner since 1992), Neal Houston (tenacious competitor with a lot of world experience and wins behind him), Dennis Rook and Andy Honigbaum (goals are to be 4 and 8way world champs in the same year - both world champs in 8 way last year). The whole team has an awesome vibe about it.

My money is on Velocity followed by Odyssey and then Fire.

8-way - Airspeed.

Bring on the Malesvky Cup.

My 2 cents worth.

Liz

Thats if Fire is healthy enought to compete, However, either way I wouldn't rule out Fast trax They are training hard and have the drive to do the job either way its going to be a hell of a fight to the top!

Thats if Fire is healthy enought to compete,

huh? unless one of the guys contracted food poisoning or ebola the past couple of hours, i think they are all in pretty good shape.:P ian's arm has healed and they have trained since the break back in april.

blues,
arlo

My money's on Velocity. Who's the little guy at Point? Anyway, I believe that the dynasty Dan BC built will continue. A couple of blips since Dan's retirement but I think they're very much back on track.

By the way, BC's first 4-way jumps were with yours truly back in the day. I was supposed to jump on Dan's first 4-way team but passed because I wanted to finish college. If I could go back... Oh well... I kick myself in the ass every day...

Blues to All!
Ed Lightle B|

Thats if Fire is healthy enought to compete,

huh? unless one of the guys contracted food poisoning or ebola the past couple of hours, i think they are all in pretty good shape.:P ian's arm has healed and they have trained since the break back in april.

blues,
arlo

Thats good to hear Arlo, I wasn't aware he Ian was back in the air yet. I haven't talk to too many people down there since I left Deland.

Hmmmm... which US Team? It's going to be so exciting. Airspeed I'm sure will rock but there is so much talent on Fire. They averaged a 20.7 at the Shamrock Showdown and that wasn't a fast draw. Gary, Shannon and Ian seasoned competitors who love skydiving and love going fast. Natasha isn't having to try to keep up. She is such a naturally talented skydiver.

I can't wait to see the outcome. You really never do know who's day it's going to be. My vote is on Fire.
-Kimberly Griffin