Skymonkey2

New and Upcomming 4 Way Team

Hey all, look out this year for the upcomming 4 way team from Cincinnati OH, Team Fastrax.:o Training very hard. and planing to win the Intermiedate at Nationals this year, be watching for them.
AFFI-E, Tandem I-E, S/L I-E, IAD I-E, Coach I-E
Students are our future teach them well

I've seen these guys a few times (they were on the USPA website with their helmets not long ago) and they are looking good last summer as a new team. Sharp rigs on all of them too. Can't miss any of their canopies. What was the final team make up? Is Bob A going to be competing full time this summer?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I've seen these guys a few times (they were on the USPA website with their helmets not long ago) and they are looking good last summer as a new team. Sharp rigs on all of them too. Can't miss any of their canopies. What was the final team make up? Is Bob A going to be competing full time this summer?

Helmets and sharp rigs, eh? They'll be unbeatable!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Rules at Nationals should be:

1. Matching jumpsuits and helmets - Advanced class
2. Matching rigs plus Jumpsuits, etc. - Open class
3. Teams that bring their own Otter - Hand out tax refunds to the taxpayers attending.

Leave intermediate class to those teams with hangovers.

Rules at Nationals should be:

1. Matching jumpsuits and helmets - Advanced class
2. Matching rigs plus Jumpsuits, etc. - Open class
3. Teams that bring their own Otter - Hand out tax refunds to the taxpayers attending.

Leave intermediate class to those teams with hangovers.

How about the guys with tee-shirts over their jumpsuits to adjust fall-rate? We have two of them on our team.

Depends on if you have matching jumpsuits and if the tee-shirts match the jumpsuits. - if it all matches you need to get an exemption by promising to compete with a hangover.

We just have 3/4 the team wearing weights because we like burning extra jet-A.

Depends on if you have matching jumpsuits and if the tee-shirts match the jumpsuits. - if it all matches you need to get an exemption by promising to compete with a hangover.

We just have 3/4 the team wearing weights because we like burning extra jet-A.

Umm - we were "Open", hangover not required. I suppose we could have a complete set of matching tee-shirts, to go with the Pro-Tech helmets.

"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D. Eisnehower

:|

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D. Eisnehower:|

Nice one, girl....good application as well. ;)

Seems i remember a saying: "money does not a skydiver make." Case in point. ;)

blues,
arlo >:(

:P This is true but with money and proper motivition, anything can be accomplished. B|
Only time will tell. LOL

i have to disagree. Some of the best skydivers i know had very little money to train (that's where actual "talent" comes into play). Some of the more self-promoted teams that have visible financial backing still can't pay to be good skydivers and they still suck. :)

But I guess there is something to be said about matching gear...:)

arlo

i have to disagree. Some of the best skydivers i know had very little money to train (that's where actual "talent" comes into play). Some of the more self-promoted teams that have visible financial backing still can't pay to be good skydivers and they still suck. :)

But I guess there is something to be said about matching gear...:)

arlo

Thanks Arlo ;) I didn't know you cared so much!!! Ha, Ha. Maybe someday I'll be on a team with all matching shit. We came close a couple of times over the last 5 or 6 years but we just couldn'r get or act together. A different rig here and different jumpsuits there were commonplace, I guess if we had matching gear we would have won that whole US Nationals thing :). That's how things are decided..... RIGHT???
Maybe, just maybe someday I'll be a cool kid :S

Jason

Hope to see you in Early June... I'll be at the tunnel doing a little coaching. Oh... and I WILL be matching. Matching what, I'm not sure. :P

Hey Jason :)

you guys had your heart and soul in it and you had my support all the way...even though we were competing against you. :) How cool is that?

Look forward to seeing ya in june. We'll have to make sure you stay on good beeeeeeeehavior. :)

arlo >:(

and watch out for their team van...these guys got better sponsorship than some open class teams. should be good competition in the intermediate class though. remember matching rigs doesn't make teams good...hard work makes teams good...and you can't buy hard work. maybe some teams don't belong in intermediate but its obvious come game time which teams do and don't (i.e. last years winners in intermediate IMHO).
in defense of my air force teams, they are NOT what most people think that they are. they are NOT the GK, they do NOT do 4way as an assignment in the air force. we are jump instructors who volunteer our leave to do competitions. I'm not saying we don't have a good deal, but getting 100 to 150 jumps a year in a 2 year term with the operation does not give much qualification to be in the advanced or open category.

in defense of my air force teams, they are NOT what most people think that they are. they are NOT the
GK, they do NOT do 4way as an assignment in the air force. we are jump instructors who volunteer our
leave to do competitions. I'm not saying we don't have a good deal, but getting 100 to 150 jumps a year in
a 2 year term with the operation does not give much qualification to be in the advanced or open category.

150 jumps is more than I HAVE EVER MADE on a team, and I have gone Open both times. It is more that Nemesis did last year, and I think more than Tunnel Vision did.

So, you are like the GK of the intermediate class.

Army...Free jumps 1,000 in the OPEN class which is what most serious teams do.
AFA....Free jumps 150 in the Intermediate class Which is
what most serious teams do..

Army...Free gear
AFA....Free gear

Army...Their own Aircraft
AFA....Their own Aircraft

Army...Jumping part of job
AFA....Part of job

Army...In the military
AFA....In the military

How are they not the same?

They beat the closest to them (Other than the baby killers from Texas) by 14 points. That is the largest gap between any other teams in that class. (Other than Jugernaut which beat Airforce by 15 points).

Now you know who I am, I coached them in the tunnel several times. ...They are skilled, dedicated, and in my opinion deserved to win that class. However, I can see how you can be compared to the GK...Hell I call you the GK of intermidiate...You are. You have a sponsorship that many teams wish they could get.

Yes they belong in intermediate...But they do have a large advantage.

How are they not?

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

:P This is true but with money and proper motivition, anything can be accomplished. B|
Only time will tell. LOL

Kip,
maybe your right with this statement if you are referring to only ONE person in a one person sport. When you start putting 2 or more people together (especially skydivers)things become increasingly more difficult. Money and motivation does NOT make a "team"in the true sense of the word. Nor does matching gear.:P A successful team is defined by it's actions, not it's words.Those actions being winning medals or just being a positive influence on others in the sport. Those are the truly successful teams.
I think your statements here will earn you more non-fans than the fans you seek. Your almost gloating and thumbing your nose at the less fortunate jumpers/teams out there, almost saying... "ha, ha look at me, I have more than you do, and I'm going to make damn sure you know it!!". To me those type of people are really sad; always searching for acceptance and recognition, but somehow always alienating themselves by pushing people to "like" them or "recognize" them. Lose the ego and start to focus in the task at hand, otherwise you/your team just might end up looking like asses at the end of the year when they have no fans and no medals. :o
Just a thought :)

"The EGO is the single most destructive force in society today"