Skymonkey2

New and Upcomming 4 Way Team

150 jumps is more than I HAVE EVER MADE on a team, and I have gone Open both times. It is more that Nemesis did last year, and I think more than Tunnel Vision did.

You got to remember your teams and nemesis and tunnel vision all have one other thing in common besides not making more than 150 jumps...either the hours and hours of tunnel time or about 10 years in the sport or both. i know we have big gimme's for for an intermediate team, but i'm not sure you'd see airforce cracking top 10 in advanced with the exception of af blue last year.

You got to remember your teams and nemesis and tunnel vision all have one other thing in common besides
not making more than 150 jumps...either the hours and hours of tunnel time or about 10 years in the sport
or both. i know we have big gimme's for for an intermediate team, but i'm not sure you'd see airforce
cracking top 10 in advanced with the exception of af blue last year.

Brother.. you have a valid point. And I am on your side, but remember that just because Frost/Nemesis/Vision have the tunnel....and years in the sport...Does not mean that the other 30 teams in Intermediate have the tunnel...And your boys compete against them, not us.

I think they belong in Intermediate...But just barely. They have skill, dedication, and comitment...But they do also have a very good deal, and a large number of Intermediate teams have almost no chance to compete against them.

They will have to face that fact.

Like I have said, I like them, and I am proud of them...
But they do have a GK like deal going on.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Whats the deal with the Bees anyway?
Are you guys back?

Ron

No, not really. We threw something together at the last minute for the 1st CaSL meet last month. Mostly the old Bee line-up (IC-Todd, OC-Matt. Point-Me, Tail-Andy H., and Kelly as video. We all had prior commitments to work around; Matt is managing CSS, Todd is coaching FoxForce4, I am coaching CSS What?, Jan is coaching Carolina Ice from Chester, SC. and Andy has the GK 8way stuff.

We just thought we'd do the meet, no practice jumps, just to have a little fun and to test our skills. I don't think you could have smacked the smiles off our faces after the jumps (even after a really poor 6th round):D.
We wanted to have fun and enjoy ourselves and we did just that! It's what skydiving is all about :)Jason
Buzzzzz

i agree. i'm only trying to say that they'd be pretty well outmatched in advanced. also, this was the first year an air force team had a top 5 finish. year before they were like 9th and before that i know they didn't really have a competitive finish. but i agree, we do have an advantage.

Don't short change your team...

They would have placed well...Probley in the middle of the pack...Not bad at all. The Jugs only beat them by 15 points. And the Jugs could have been in the medal race for Advanced.

They are/were a good team.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Go beeeeez!
You guys kicked Arse

I was so proud of y'all...it was great to see you in the air and the results were none to shabby either...;) and just to keep the memories alive there was almost a double jump off for a medal. Howzat for nostalgia..Can anyone say *It automatically goes to Nemesis?*

What about Kelly? Is she busy being wifely? I heard that girl can match a mean pair of socksB|

Thanks to all the beez, for their coaching efforts. I know that the foxes are all really grateful for the help that Todd is giving them, as Im sure What? are for your help Jase.

buzz buzz
Pj

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

there was almost a double jump off for a medal. Howzat for
nostalgia..Can anyone say *It automatically goes to Nemesis?*

Oh come off it...Thats how the *Rules* say it should be done.

Ron:

Im sorry, I didnt mean to offend. This was just my attempt at humour.

It was one of those *you had to be there moments*..

Pj

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

No offense was taken by me...

I was there and had a hard time deciding which team to back.
Both are good friends of mine.

I just know of some people that think that the Bees were robbed....Well they were not. Both teams had good rounds, and bad rounds. The fact that they tied the jump off was amazing, and showed that either team could have one.

I would have prefered they kept jumping until someone won a round, but rules are rules.

As it was we had to do 2 rounds with an alternate that was not registered. Our performance went down, but we were disqualified anyway. We were not robbed...Rules are rules.
We had to settle for an "unofficial" 14.9

Oh well,

Ron

....Both are good friends of mine.

I just know of some people that think that the Bees were robbed....
Ron

OK Ron, well I guess we aren't too good of friends since you keep spelling the name wrong ;)
It's Beez not Bees.
Thanks for your support :)I personally don't believe we were robbed, but I think that the rules should be changed to let the teams keep jumping until the tie is broken. If you go back and look at the "deciding" round 9, we were actually in the lead but lost because we had a bad round. Nemesis had their bad round earlier so they won. I don't get it :S We won 4 rounds, they won 4 rounds, and we tied on the other 3. I like the fight till the death scenario :)Jason

:P First weekend at home for training, oh yea the van was there too. 47 jumps rained out last part of sunday the 8th of june, I believe they will have a better average the the Beez. But only time will tell. Team tng jumps to date scence Feb, 141 jumps. hope to see all at Nationals. LATER
AFFI-E, Tandem I-E, S/L I-E, IAD I-E, Coach I-E
Students are our future teach them well

Ya know....

This is not good sportsmanship Kip.

And with a hired gun, I would be much more quiet.

If they are so good, don't take Niklas with you to the meet.

Ron

:P First weekend at home for training, oh yea the van was there too. 47 jumps rained out last part of sunday the 8th of june, I believe they will have a better average the the Beez. But only time will tell. Team tng jumps to date scence Feb, 141 jumps. hope to see all at Nationals. LATER

Your a real piece of work Kip [:/]
Hey everybody look at Kip and his team, make sure you note who they are 'cause they expect to be recognized. Look at me! look at me!

I would hope that you get a better average than us (Beez) since you are competing in a 'lower class' with a different dive pool and you'll get way more jumps in one year than we got over the 2 years that we were training. I think last year we made all of maybe 200 jumps with the line-up that went to Nationals. And you know what Kip, we paid for EVERYTHING ourselves. That, in itself will give us way more satisfaction in our accomplishments and respect from our peers than if it were handed to us on a silver platter.
Keep talking shit, your gaining more and more fans everyday.
Jason 570

And you know what Kip, we paid for EVERYTHING ourselves. That, in itself will give us way more satisfaction in our accomplishments and respect from our peers than if it were handed to us on a silver platter.

Jason 570

Amen to that. It is particularly satisfying to go to a meet with a bunch of weekend warriors in unmatched jumpsuits, and beat sponsored teams with their matching suits and rigs.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Thank you, Jason, for that post.

While my team won't win any medals, we're doing it all ourselves, too. Hard to get sponsorship when you start with 4 unknowns. At least we got a discount on team jumpsuits.

I'll be selling t-shirts soon, too. And raffle tickets. No free Javelins for us. Just a great team vibe and the desire for a challenge. See you in advanced...we'll be near the bottom, but that's OK.

It's better to be the tail of the lion than the head of the fox.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

That, in itself will give us way more satisfaction in our accomplishments and
respect from our peers than if it were handed to us on a silver platter.

spot on, jason. respect is earned, not bought. that is why we play well together and support each other...in everyday life and especially during competitions. :)
peace,
arlo :ph34r:

Im not jealous of them getting a free ride.
I'll still beat them, as will several others.

My issue is with them/you being so cocky. (Yeah, thats me calling someone cocky...go figure).

I still say, if they are so bad don't take Niklas. If you have to BUY a teammate, says something about the team to me.

I am glad that you are going Advanced...I would have NO respect for any of them if they went Intermediate. Still in my opinion, they should go Open...they have a world class jumper on the team. Want to pay for the best, you should have to compete against them.

To think they are gonna rob some hard working, non sponsord, didn't BUY a teammate, team of a place or two...but those teams will have the pride of not buying a place, and at least my respect.

You are not helping them by being so cocky for them...They are already being called the Jugernuts of this years Nationals.

I hope these guys get their asses kicked. No one likes a person who brags.

Ron

Amazing.

BikerBabe: All over this site she decries the defeat of her favorite 4way, the world's most heavily sponsored intermediate team, AF Blue, by a bunch of like-minded sandbagging dorks as some horrible injustice. Oh, the irony.

Arlo: Buys DVG of PD Blue a slot on her advanced class team and herself a bronze medal in the process. But we all better know that "respect is earned, not bought".

Ron: Leads a floundering scatter-shot campaign against any rule that might prevent him from taking his gold medal winning cronies back into advanced to get himself one. Luckily none of them could stand him enough to reform the team. I guess those jugerhead jerks he routinely skewers here weren't such bad guys last year when he had 4 slots to fill on his 8-way INTERMEDIATE team.

The whole lot of you need to drop the self-righteous preaching. You're gonna need BASE canopies to survive the fall from your high horses.

Support your skydiving friends no matter what they decide to do with THEIR money and THEIR freetime. That includes some guy with a sense of humor and irony who likes to talk trash. Keep it up, dude, your team rocks. Not all of us are like these whiney brats.

Tough talk for an anonymous post. While there have been plenty of player coach teams, which have met with varying degrees of success, this is probably the first time anyone has actually gone out and publicly talked a bunch of trash about how well their pc team was going to do at Nats. That, I think, is what all the fuss is about.

WOW!!! you have a lot of anger.

And yes, I would like to know who you are, since you seem to know me...oh wait, you don't know me.

Ron: Leads a floundering scatter-shot campaign against any rule that might prevent him from taking his gold
medal winning cronies back into advanced to get himself one.

I did think it was strange that I could have bought Joey Jones, Doug Park, and Gary Smith and go Advanced, but I could not take two guys that had won advanced before.
We were not on a full time team, and our averages were the same as the other Advanced teams...seems like it was where we belonged. I doubt the Beez, or Nemesis thought we were better than them...So, I do think we belonged in Advanced...Oh well, I did try to right what I saw as a wrong...But the USPA didn't see it that way..Oh well.

Luckily none of them could stand him enough
to reform the team.

Then you don't know my team...We did go back, and did a 14.9 without a PRO..Then we tried to stay together, but one got a new job in another state, and one is going after his pilots license.

Your not very smart are you?

And you talk a lot of smack for someone that has no profile....Thats funny.
Worried that you can't defend yourself when people know who you are?

Ron

BikerBabe: All over this site she decries the defeat of her favorite 4way, the world's most heavily sponsored intermediate team, AF Blue, by a bunch of like-minded sandbagging dorks as some horrible injustice. Oh, the irony.

Wow, someone likes to exaggerate. Do I know you? Do you know me? I can recall ONE thread where we discussed the 2002 intermediate results, and I don't recall, on here or at Nationals, being alone in my opinion (I guess I'm not entitled to it) that the gold-medalists could have/should have been in Advanced. I guess out of a couple hundred posts on DZ.com, one or two posts constitutes "all over this site"

Excuse me for rooting for and defending my alma mater.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less I understand what you are trying to imply with this jab. Are you saying I'm sandbagging? HA! No one on my team has over 1000 jumps or any previous 4-way experience. We couldn't sandbag this year if we tried.

Are you saying I'm picking on Skymonkey2 because his team is sponsored, and that it's ironic because AF Blue was "sponsored"? If so, you obviously didn't read my post. I just don't like to come on here and read "nyah nyah nyah, my team kicks ass we have a PC and we're going to beat you all at Nationals". The whole "because we're sponsored" part is secondary. I guess I didn't read the posts as having a "sense of humor and irony". Sue me for not having a sense of humor.

I'm sure you're a more experienced skydiver and 4-way competitor than I am, whoever you are. Hell, just about everyone is. Is my team going to medal in the Advanced class this year? Nope. Am I upset? Nope. Do I care that we don't have matching rigs? No way.

If we get last f$%&ing place at Nationals this year, that's OK. I'm just happy that I found a team that I like, have fun with, learn with, and can compete with. I feel like it's been money well-spent.

Looking forward to finishing behind you this year,
Andi
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!