aerialcameraman

Swoop pants

Why spend $300 on a pair of capris when you can spend $60 on a pair of MX pants? I trash at least one pair of really toughly built MX pants a season. I'd be really upset trashing a pair of $300 man-capries.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

why spend 60 bucks on a pair of grown man's MX pants? when you can be like the big bully Texan here - beat up your little brother or threaten him with your big handgun (since his is smaller) and take his MX pants.

Apparently, they are not capris. They are MANpris. Or so those who wear them say. They also call spandex Underarmor. Crazy Americans. :S

I'm not sure what company makes the swoop shorts the PD team has been using. I think it might be Tony Suits, but I'm not 100% on that.

I've been jumping some made by Deepseed and am really happy with them. The U.S. Dollar converts nicely into NZ dollars these days too... Check them out!

http://www.deepseed.com/skydiving_equipment/swoop/swoop.html

Liquid Sky defininately the best hands down! Others have a comparable product however the price and wait is not worth what, if any, percievable differences in quality. As far as durability, I am on my 3rd season wearing LS swoop pants and I cannot say enough about the quality, turn around time and customer service Julio provides to all his customers.

One of my favorite quotes from Skydive Radio's Dave Schwartz:

"I guess since swooping is the only sport where a grown-ass man can wear capris and not get laughed at, it must be pretty cool."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Blue Skies!
April
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

I will agree with Dave on this one, at least in a general sense. If you don't have perfectly manicured grass at the end of your swoop pond, then you are definitely going to lose skin with "manpris". When I was an active competitor I think the ONLY times I ever jumped in swoop shorts was at the Panama City and Wildwood Beach events. Beach sand is easy and you normally just stop when you land. Sliding out distance landings on the side of your legs on the busted-up gravel and dirt at Perris, though, is an entirely different thing. MX pants with stirrups (so they don't slide up when you pile in) are absolutely mandatory in my book at places like that.

Bomber makes nice swoop shorts for "fun" swooping. Mine are like five years old now.

Chuck

"Swoop pants" (note that I use the term in parantheses to denote the ridiculous) are retarded. What kind of idiot wears pants that look like shorts or shorts that aren't short?

You guys are morons. Wear a freakin' merkin instead.

If you want to spend extra money, just send it to me and I'll draw you a neato picture of a retard wearing goofy pants - that will result in the same amount of protection for your landings, and you will be the only kid on the DZ with one of my drawings. That should do the trick.