Sergey-san

New front riser loops design from UPT

I have a set on my new vector.

I absolutely love them! B|. They are very easy to get into and out of.

I never have to worry about finding them, and getting my fingers into them - it's just look-and-grab. (sometimes skipping the look)
They also don't pinch/grab your fingers like some of the standard ones can.

They are also a LOT easier on the ungloved fingers after a day of jumping - they don't dig into the skin.

The only downside is they add quite a bit of bulk under the riser covers.

I'll never go back to standard dive loops. :)

When I ordered mine, it was called the 'swoop mod'. I'm not sure what they call it now, but it's just a padded dive loop so it's all cushy to grab, and it sticks out all the time.

I don't think it's folded over the top of the riser (it might be), but I jump 24" risers, so even if it's 1/2 down from the top of the riser, it's still plenty far up.

I keep my rig at the DZ, so no pics. Sorry.

It looks like it is what they call now easy-dive loops. So, I understand what you're talking about, no need for pics:)

This design by UPT is a bit different as you can see.
The loop is on top of the riser and goes through the softlink (which is linked to the riser, not to the loop). I have two questions for those who use this design:

1. Does it affect turning technique in any significant way?
2. Is it suitable to use only with removable slider, is it difficult to roll a standard slider and move it down behind your head passing these loops and softlinks together?

Sergey.

Great!
Look forward to your Review.

Another question:
Did you order your risers with regular toggles or Trulok Toggles?

You know those Velcroless toggles with metal pins. Last 40 jumps I did on such toggles and liked them a lot! I don't think Sun Path has such option, risers which I used came from Atom container by PDF and replaced standard risers in the Jav. I liked them a lot because they're almost immune to break fires and slider goes through them pretty easily. The only thing I don't like in those risers by PDF is that they have inverted three-ring system. So I'm thinking about ordering those new risers with Loui Loops and Trulok Toggles from UPD and replacing standard Jav risers with them...

I have them and I like them much better than my old risers. I find that I can get more power out of a front riser turn and that it's easier to control the dive. I have them on my secondary rig which has become my primary rig partly because of how much I like the risers.

Thanks for the new riser design Louie! :)

Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

This is far from a new design. The first time I saw this was about 1999 when Tony Hathaway came up with the idea and put them on his rig. He has put many thousands of Jumps on them. He still jumps them to this day. Over the years several people as Z-hills have come up with variations of them. The most common variation is now known as the Salony loops because they were a combined effort from Tony and Sally Hathaway. There are probably half a dozen of us that have been jumping the Salonys for at least 4 or 5 years. Tony actually still uses the older style like the "new" ones made by UPT. The newer Salonys have a ring around the top of the loop that connect to the slink. Here is a picture of Tony from a few years ago landing with his original design.

http://www.tonyhathaway.com/downloads/tonyloops2.jpg

Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana