Mathyaz

Mountain flying in norway

Thanks for the comments! :-)
The DZ where this is from is skydive voss. The two australian tandem masters who has been there the last two years, who are two really nice guys by the way(grazy aussies), are also very experienced in mountain flying. Lots of nice mountain swoops has been done this summer! It's getting very popular, and the first accident came this years... no big injuries, only a broken hand. After that accident mountain flying in Norway is more regulated and restricted.

The cut-away is a skyhook cut-away. Super fast and perfect reserve opening. Also fun.

No plans on a dvd :-) Maybe next fall...;)

Edited to add: the tandem masters had nothing to do with that incident! ;)

Yeah, no loops. Thats Jostein Nordby flying, he flew a lot with us this summer and lots of the video is from him as well. Far as I know he has no loops on the rear risers. Not really necessary.
The wingsuit basejumper is Tom Erik Heimen if any one was wondering...

Thanks for the comments! :-)
The DZ where this is from is skydive voss. The two australian tandem masters who has been there the last two years, who are two really nice guys by the way(grazy aussies), are also very experienced in mountain flying. Lots of nice mountain swoops has been done this summer! It's getting very popular, and the first accident came this years... no big injuries, only a broken hand. After that accident mountain flying in Norway is more regulated and restricted.

The cut-away is a skyhook cut-away. Super fast and perfect reserve opening. Also fun.

No plans on a dvd :-) Maybe next fall...;)

Edited to add: the tandem masters had nothing to do with that incident! ;)

I be one of the (Grazy?) Aussies. Lucky you were nice Mathias!

Here's a short clip with some more canopy flying in the mountains. Some of the same guys appear in this one too. Including the nice guy himself.

Enjoy!

Cameron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Iplxo13Xo

Nice shots Cameron. I am getting so ready for more smooth flying. My hand is healed from last years mistake.
If you are in town(Oslo) give me a call and let's have a beer and recap last summers mountain flying by watching some video.

I'll be in town (Oslo) before the start of the season.

Maybe we can catch up for a beer in town.

Good to hear your doing well HC.

I'm looking forward to many more canopy flights this year, hopefully plenty of them with you as well.

Cameron

Yup this is definitly worth seing in high quality! is beautiful on youtube but i cant imagine how wonderful it will be in better qualitY!

Thx for posting, got to wake me up enough to keep working until 17h lol.

blue skies!