chayes12

PD Challenge Swoop Comp – Cross Keys Invasion

doesn't a pro have an unfair advantage in an intermediate competition

That will depend on whether or not there is a handicap. But I'm not organizing this event so I couldn't tell you if the pros can compete in the intermediate event.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Can we do both women's comp and pro comp?

The womens comp is part of the amateur competition that will take place at the DZ on Thursday January 4th. It will be 6 rounds of speed distance and accuracy using 10' gates and amateur course dimensions. It is more of an introduction comp, low profile, low stress, for guys and girls who are interested in competing.

The competition on the beach is a pro competition with 5 gates. It's a much more advanced location to land in. If you have previous experience competing in pro or national or world level canopy piloting competition, then this may be the one you want to enter.

I think you would enter one or the other although if you are thinking of entering the pro comp on the beach and want to do the amateur comp for fun, but not qualify for medals or prizes then that would be OK too.

Are pros going to be allowed in the Intermediate Comp? Male or female, doesn't a pro have an unfair advantage in an intermediate competition.

Pros can compete in the intermediate comp using 10' gates if they want to and will be scored, but will not qualify for overall placing or prizes.

The intermediate comp is on Thursday and that is practice day for the pros to do beach jumps so I would think that most of the pros will be practicing at the beach location.

so how much of a party chris? isnt the comp new years day? that would put me in bed early

It's up to you how late you want to stay up. If you are coming for the pro comp the party will be after. On Saturday night January 6 at the beach location.

well, sorry, for some reason I thought the pro comp was on the 1st.

I am always the last one up. I dont sleep. hahaha, so a comp new years day is scary for me.:D

Well, I'd like to enter the women's comp because I'm female, and I'd like to qualify for any prizes in that if there are any. I'd like to enter the pro comp for fun, since I'll probably place quite low in the pro comp. I'm technically not "pro", but "advanced".

So is it a women's comp or a women's amatuer comp?

Isn't there seperate prizes/medals for amatuer(men) and women? If not, then how is it a women's comp?

It sounds like by what you're saying someone is in one of two categories "amatuer/women" or "pro". Can't someone compete in womens and in pro?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth me traveling out there for this. If I can't compete in the women's comp cause I also want to compete in the pro comp, I may change me travel plans. I would like to try for prizes in the women's comp, but also participate in pro for the fun of the beach and all that.

Just trying to clarify before I buy a plane ticket. Thanks,
Lew
http://www.exitshot.com

i guess it doesnt matter cause im gonna pay it anyway, just wondering

The answer to my question might help influence whether or not I make the trip period. But I'm talking about travelling all the way from north west North America to Flordia and back. So the airfare alone won't be kind to my savings. But that's my issue to deal with. B|

when i registered it said that it included the 2 heli jumps and the 6 plane jumps, so i'm assuming the 350 includes jumps, prize money, ect. so quit your bitching a go, it's only money :P
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

when i registered it said that it included the 2 heli jumps and the 6 plane jumps, so i'm assuming the 350 includes jumps, prize money, ect. so quit your bitching a go, it's only money :P

Cool ... now I just need to see if I can get the time off of work which is kind of bizarre since technically I'm actually unemployed at the moment. But I will be starting a new job likely next week as I'm just waiting for the paper work to come in. Hopefully this new employer will be receptive enough to not only give me the time off for travel days and the comp, but it would also be nice to get there a few days ahead of time to get some much needed practice in.

Hey Chris,
Thanks for keeping everyone updated. We are seriously considering going. While we ponder if you could answer just a few questions it might help build my case on why we should go;)

Will PRO competitors have any practice jumps at the beach ? If yes, what will be the cost of practice jumps? and when ?

Where will PRO competitors be taking off from ? (Sonic wanted to know that one) How far is the beach from the DZ, assuming that is where you will be taking off from.

Thanks ! & I hope to see you in January !
FYI: There a a whole bunch of peeps from THe Ranch thinking about going to the event !

Donna

FYI Chris we got a big group heading there from Atlanta, About 10 people so far.
We will sign up for the PDFT skills camp soon. Need to get some high performance coaching in before the comp.

DONNA i believe the practice jumps are the day befor the comp on the beach but there will be beach jumps everyday with a bus to transport people.
The beach is not far from the dz from what i remember but half of the Pro comp jumps are out of the heli and i know that it is taking of from the beach where the comp is. ( well thats what i heard at the Atlanta boogie so dont quote me on that)