diablopilot

Shameless plug for Joe B. & MEL.

I don't think this falls under advetising, as I have no connection them, but I just wanted to thank them for the work they have done on their RDS system.

After about a month of jumping one, I can honestly say I don't think I'll ever go back to jumping a conventional slider on a HP canopy. It stows faster than a conventional slider, adds but 2 minutes to my pack job, and seems to be built tough.

Thanks again you two.....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I thought it was Mooth or some shit like that!?!:D

I also agree that mel and joe are the shit. I sent my canopy off to mel to see what was wrong with it. I got it back a week later and he called to tell me what they found and what they did to fix it. Cool people for sure.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

My first removable slider from Joe was, unless I am mistaken, the second one he ever built.

I have never thrown up in Joe's camper.

I have been jumping my current removable slider from Joe for over two years without a single problem and would never consider switching back to a stock slider for any reason.

Joe is my brother from another mother.

I hear they is out of machined rings... [:/]
I is waitin to hear when they source some more so I can get a removable slider for my new ride. B|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

i think they should pay attention to past customers and not just work on recruiting new ones.

i had a removeable slider manufactured by Skyworks that caused a malfuntion and almost caused a second. after posting in a thread about these guys that it had happened Mel contacted me and seemed like he really wanted to work things out. after sending my slider back to them and trying for the last 4 months to get it dealt with i am left with the absolute worst taste in my mouth.

most recently i sent follow up messages aug. 4th, aug 21st. the last email i sent was a simple "are we ever going to have an end to our business" to which i never got a response. it's not like i can't view that he is online every single day. i also left a voicemail in between these two times.

cheers guys. your customer service is just like my original slider, the shits.

i think they should pay attention to past customers and not just work on recruiting new ones.

Hmmm, odd that you're having such a hard time. Everyone else I know has had nothing but good things with them. They worked with me when I was having some hard openings on a slider and I never got any grief out of them at all.

What was the malfunction you experienced and what exactly has been the problem in dealing with them?

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

i had a removeable slider manufactured by Skyworks that caused a malfuntion and almost caused a second. after posting in a thread about these guys that it had happened Mel contacted me and seemed like he really wanted to work things out. after sending my slider back to them and trying for the last 4 months to get it dealt with i am left with the absolute worst taste in my mouth.

most recently i sent follow up messages aug. 4th, aug 21st. the last email i sent was a simple "are we ever going to have an end to our business" to which i never got a response. it's not like i can't view that he is online every single day. i also left a voicemail in between these two times.

cheers guys. your customer service is just like my original slider, the shits.

Having talked to Mel the other day I can vouch for the fact that his email isnt working

try dropping him a line via the phone and see what happens

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

at least 2 of the cables would pop out on every single jump and finally one hung up on a cascade and i had a slider hang up. it almost happened again about 10 jumps later and i finally stopped jumping it.

seeing as i was not big on having the same slider due to the shitty opening we had even discussed him getting me a line set (worth about the same) in replacement and then after our last PM in May when he informed me that he had been travelling and would get me taken care of the following week i have heard absolutely nothing.

so it was also a total waste of my money to ship him back the slider in the first place.

Sometimes MEL has been hard to reach, yes, but he's always gotten back to me. Not only that - he's shipped a slider to me at HIS OWN expense via next day delivery! Every time i had dealt with him he has went the extra distance to explain and deliver things to me.

I dont believe that what happened to you was done intentionally. May be this was just one of those times when shit happens to the best of them? Please give him another chance - i am 100% confident he will resolve this to your satisfaction.

well i thought that he had meant to deal with everything when getting back to me in the first place. i even asked skymonkeyone to delete the thread we had discussions in. however, after multiple contacts, including phone calls and PM's on dz.com. where you can lookat peoples online status and see that they have been online virtually every day then you get a little dis-heartened.

I would like to see a pic of this slider . I have not had a cable come out on opening and would like to see the design of this slider . Unless Mel tried something new that I haven't seen I don't see how 5" of extra cable could come out of the pocket . Was the pocket for the excess cable 1" binding tape folded in half or was it 1 1/2" tape folded in half ? Please let me know if you can remember . I know that I have never had anyone tell me that the excess was coming out on opening . I'll wait to hear from you . Thanks for your time and sorry for your troubles .
Joe Bennett