jcosta

Wicked Liquid Swoop Boogie

Wicked Liquid is hosting a swoop boogie at skydive the Farm in Georgia. It is basically a get together for swoopers to practice new moves and trade tips. It is for Intermediate and Advanced swoopers only. If you have any ?s please email Joey at [email protected]. They have two killer ponds to practice over so f you have been itching for some water then you need to show up.

I am trying to arrange to have a few "experts" on the different aspects of swooping. I am trying to get someone to talk about Canopy Aerodynamics. Joe Bennet said he was going to try to come and talk about the different designs of removable deployment systems.

Here is a link to the event:
http://www.teamwickedliquid.com/swoopboogie/index.htm

I am trying to get Joe to show up with his modified Velocity plus we just ordered the 5th JVX Hybrid off the line so I am hoping we will have it by then!

See ya soon!

Chuck I wasn't sure if you said I could or couldn't link to the website so if I shouldn't have a link just tell me and I will remove it!

I am waiting to hear from Hanz about the pricing. There will be no registration fee!

For the people that are coming if they could bring a person that wouldn't mind filming that would really help. I would like to have at least 4 or 5 people on the ground filming. I will make sure to have the cameras, we just need the people!

Also it would be a good idea to start thinking of a move that you have seen or even one that you have made up that you want to practice!

I know I have the ones I want to try :D

Lets get ready for the carnage!!

If I make it I'll see if Hottie (my SO) will do some filming. She's usually a pretty good sport about it.

I dont have any moves, and will pass on the carnage, but hope to learn some.
If Ive got my new canopy by then I'll have MUCH learning to do.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Velo 103.
Just waiting for Hans to tell me its in.

Of course, I could always jump his gear again, he doesnt seem to mind getting it wet! :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I think there are a few criteria.

1. Someone that is flying at least an elliptical canopy and can comfortably and safely perform a 270 degree landing.

2. Flying a 1.5 wing loading or higher.

3. Could make it through a 200 foot blade course without hitting any of the blades.

This boogie is looking to help people that have established they are proficient at a 270 landing and are ready to start to drag toe and try some freestyle moves. Unfortunately unless you are surfing 250 - 350+ consistenly I don't think you will be able to perform many freestyle moves except for dragging your foot!

I'll be there with my JVX80 and an extra camera or two.

If you've been looking for an excuse to take a weekend away from your home DZ and go kick back & swoop a massive pond all weekend then The Farm is the place to be! :ph34r:
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

For the people that are coming if they could bring a person that wouldn't mind filming that would really help. I would like to have at least 4 or 5 people on the ground filming. I will make sure to have the cameras, we just need the people!

Since I am no where near ready to start intentionally dragging any body parts on my landings :ph34r: ... I will help out with filming.

Shoot me a PM or let Hans know if you need me. The Farm is my home DZ and I should be there that weekend. Especially with this going on!!! I always want to take advantage of an opportunity to learn. B|

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

Hey Joey. You know I'm all about filming carnage. :)
For those of us who have no business trying to make it through a 200 foot course flying backwards while holding both toggles with one hand and talking on a cell phone with the other, can we still come to hear the speakers?

Hey Joey. You know I'm all about filming carnage. :)
For those of us who have no business trying to make it through a 200 foot course flying backwards while holding both toggles with one hand and talking on a cell phone with the other, can we still come to hear the speakers?

few more years, and YOU can add "doing makup" to that list.:P

few more years, and YOU can add "doing makup" to that list.:P

Shimmel, is that your new freestyle move? :P Doing my makeup while I'm flying doesn't sound too complicated to me, but I guess it's because I don't wear much. Maybe your beauty routine is more extensive than mine? :D