I just saw the sickest trick...

Is it the "Brain"?
How about the "Snail"?
The "Flying Squirrell"?
Or the "Hamburger"?
Is it the "Rusty Trombone"?
The "Cleaveland Steamer"?
Could it be the "One Eyed Surprise"?

Please tell us, as we are just beside ourselves with anticipation... It better not be mooth either.

You can make your canopy actually do a flip? A full on forward flip? Not just you through the risers, but fly the entire canopy and yourself up and around.

If that was possible, that would be crazy...who knows, maybe someday someone will have a canopy that has enough speed and such to pull something like that off.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

no, not the old overpass vid... Jeffro just sent me this clip from europe.
he's calling it the miracle man
http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3953

do a search for "miracle" on skydivingmovies and check the 2nd video
or click herehe did it 540 and not "just 360" ;)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

You can make your canopy actually do a flip? A full on forward flip? Not just you through the risers, but fly the entire canopy and yourself up and around.

If that was possible, that would be crazy...who knows, maybe someday someone will have a canopy that has enough speed and such to pull something like that off.

Paragliders can.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You can see him flaring after the 180 before completing the 360 and twisting the risers. I think the tricky part ist timing and correct toggle input at the right moment (flying backwards too). No additional corrections possible after that, I assume.
Definetly a "wow"-one :o

As mentioned, paragliders can flip, parachutes cannot because they are not efficient wings compared to a paraglider. Speed alone is not the key, it is the wing keeping the energy which he got from an energy-inducing manoeuvre, and that is why you need an efficient wing.

--
Eduard

If you're talking about a doing a barrel roll about the roll axis, I would argue that it IS possible with a skydiving parachute. Brian Germain has done it on video with (I believe) a Samurai.

If you're talking about a forward roll about the pitch axis, that is probably an entirely different animal...

Either way, like you said, energy management is key.

FYI: the little Island is inside the MUGA, Skydive Empuriabrava's Pond and location of the annual Beach Boogie (where the video of Jeffro was taken) and the King of Swoop (26.-30.07.2006). One of the planets nicest swooping playgrounds. The Muga island was only 10m long and 5m wide. Nice plan B Jeffro! ;)