marks

PST/CPC weight restrictions

check out the new weight restrictions. the way the chart is now means I get to wear between 20-25 lbs extra weight. that is awesome for me because that is what I wear anyway.

what do you get to wear, If any.

http://www.canopypiloting.com/home.asp?ItemID=355&rcid=82&pcid=81&cid=82

I wonder what the distance event last year would have been like with these restrictions.

how much weight were you wearing jay? and scott? john? just curious

I know Jay and John were both routinely wearing 50-55 lbs. Now they will both be restricted to 15-25 lbs. That's a huge difference!

I suspect we will see a bunch of people moving back down to sub 100 sq. ft. canopies in order to keep their loadings up in the sweet spot. I suspect distances will suffer a little for a while, but eventually someone will pioneer a new technique that works within these weight restrictions, and the current record will fall.

Canuck

I doubt there are to many police that know/care about the penal code in detail.

Beer and pizza. Its the meal of champions. Have 1 large and a 6-pack for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It'll fix your wingloading woes.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Having competed under these rules I can say that they are quite fair (at least they appear so, so far) and level the playingfield tremendously.

Maybe now people will concentrate on technique over, or at least in conjuction with, loading.

Blues.
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

Guess this is where I oficially throw in the towel. Im done put a fork in me. Swooping used to be fun! Now its rules, politics ect. And while I agree change was needed, this is not what I consider the right path. Its very clear that if your a fat ass you have an advantage. Do I want to eat a ton of pasta to gain wingloading no! Do I want to buy ANOTHER canopy NO! Too many rules, changes ect ect ect. Anyway good luck to the rest of you.

Someone tell Sonic to train this year National Championship is in the bag for him if he does.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

aww cmon ray, I know you got a bad taste in your mouth now. I'm not sure of the reasons, but you got to admit, this levels the field a little.

granted, it may not be perfect, lets see how it goes. we can always petition to have it tweaked next year.

ray, come to dublin, I will make sure I cheer you up.B|

also ray, you told me you weren't going to compete in the circuit this year. there are still all the other, non pst events to go have fun at.

Im going from wearing 45lbs to zip, nada, squat, shit, nothing, marks IQ, ... well you get the point.

It seems to be heading in the direction of flying specialized canopies for specific events.

everyone, I mean everyone. including you. had the opportunity to voice your opinion and have the rules set up like you think they should be.

Besides doing tandems, being big is finally an advantage in this sport and people gotta bitch...

what is funny, is you think the big guys have an advantage, and Im looking at it like now I have the advantage....

go figure.:)

/me looks down at his gut...

Damn, my exit weight isn't even on the chart. I can't wear weights with my canopy (tried with 16lbs), it doesn't fly too well at that wingloading.:D

You think you have problems:D:D After the Academy you should be thin. WTf you been doing? Eating donuts already:)
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

your definitely big, but in no way shape or form a fat ass.;)

I need to get my ass out there for a weekend before the snow melts. want to pick me up at the airport and go snowboard for a weekend?

Come swoop our pond this Saturday, and go snowboarding on Sunday / monday.. come show off that JVX..

your definitely big, but in no way shape or form a fat ass.;)

I need to get my ass out there for a weekend before the snow melts. want to pick me up at the airport and go snowboard for a weekend?

Come swoop our pond this Saturday, and go snowboarding on Sunday / monday.. come show off that JVX..

I cant this weekend, got plans, but the next few weekends im free, and itchen to go ride.!

I think it's safe to say that some people were using aditional weight in conjunction with "popping up" to increase their swoop length.

How would you have felt if say, the distance event rules were changed so that the jumpers body had to stay within the 5 foot gate/course.

I think this also would have taken some of the advantage of extra weight out without limiting jumpers choices to make gear selections as they saw fit.

Would that seem more reasonable?

And Sonic is training this year and we should all be watching him. Although I think I got him beat!:P

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome