FFAdventures

Wildwood USPA Nationals

No a cash event has been held at Wildwood, once i think.

Nationals have never been a cash event. If swooping wants to attract new competitors, I think a no money nationals is a great way to do it.

There are plenty of people who will be at Wildwood for Nationals, prize money or not. I will be one of them, competing in Open. Though my PST pro card has "expired" due to not making one of Jim's meets last year, I am still positively qualified (and required due to my past competition experience) to compete in that category. Joe Bennet falls into that same category as do a bunch of other older ECPA-PPPB-PST/Red Bull guys.

Wildwood is a fantastic venue. We all had a blast at the first meet there. Certainly MUCH more fun than when we were pounding into the busted up gravel at Perris a few years ago.

Nationals has a very long history of being a "split up" meet. For many, many years, the RW and "classical" events were bid on separately and quite often held at different venues. We hosted the classical events here at Raeford plenty of times when the RW was held elsewhere. This is nothing new.

Chuck

Wildwood is a fantastic venue.

That it is. I obviously wasn't a competitor back in 2004 when the last competition was held there. But I had a blast jumping there at the boogies regardless and those of you who will be there this year and weren't there last time, you're in for a treat. I would love to be there this year, but I don't think I can afford to make it.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Wildwood is a fantastic venue.

True. It is a kickass time.

Dude, you are swooping at Wildwood. On the beach. There are video games everywhere. Waves. Babes half dressed (or half naked) - I'm just a half full kinda person. Rides. Seafood. Cotton Candy. Friends. What the hell else could a skydiver ask for but is an event coupled with lots of crowd and stuff. Ever setup for a downwind over a ferris wheel before and land on beach sand?...it's the bomb.

...but the boardwalk is only about 25 feet from the swoop pond. i.e. under the boardwalk. i'm thinking coolers of molson.

That would be great, but the cops are on it, bro. You couldn't get away with any coolers in 2004. You damn sure couldn't get away with cans or bottles under the boardwalk near the pond. There are two under-boardwalk vehicle paths right there and they are frequently patrolled. We DID get away with filling big moose cups up from our cars and walking over though.

Chuck

There are, indeed, 2 events at Wildwood Beach. The Swoop Competition on the 4th of July has a cash prize of about $6000 and lots of goodies! The Nationals is being held there for the first time ever in September on the Labor Day Weekend, and we are gathering sponsorships now in order to offset some of the costs for competitors.
There is a cash prize during the Nationals for the Invitational Night Swoop Contest. The participation is limited, and the prize is $1500. That will really be something to see!!!
Where the world comes to skydive!

This event is going to be pricey. $215 registration and $35 per jump. That's $530 before you add in travel and lodging.

that's gonna be nationals!? holy biscuits
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

For anyone worried about lodging costs, there is camping available on the beach for free, and camping back at Skydive Cross Keys for free. There will be a plane travelling back and forth between Cross Keys and Wildwood daily if you wish to camp at Cross Keys.
Where the world comes to skydive!

wow a thousand mile swoop across land sea and the wildwood pond

thats some sick shit ernesto you efinately hold the US record you bastard

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.