guizgabriel

Cobalt

not any? how about a new onyx ;)

for the record we do use the same measuring method as pd, not sure why there should be a discrepancy. our scaling is done in flycad software and is quite exact, perhaps pd rounded their numbers or grandfathered the stilletto sizes from a different measuring procedure in the past, but note i have never noticed any significant difference when comparing cobalts to stillettos?

we're getting off topic btw...
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

I am a nobody when it comes to canopy flight, but i got rid of my crossfire2 in order to keep my H-modded cobalt. I want to try a Katana out, but it would have to be nothing short of F'in spectacular to make me give up my cobalt.:D

Who did your H-mod, Howard Adams or Joe Bennet? There are a few differences. Some people say there is some similarity to the factory comp model.

BTW I love my H-mod nothing opens softer.

Who did your H-mod, Howard Adams or Joe Bennet?

Mr. Bennet did mine and then Mel put on a new lineset. I did notice the similarities between it and a comp cobalt of the same size, but i like mine better.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I HAVE 70 JUMPS WITH the SPRINGO....MY LANDINGS ARE UNDER CONTROL....I NEVER HAD PROBLEM.
BUT I'M NOT SATISFIED WITH THIS CANOPIE.
I'M MAKING GRADUAL CURVES OF LITTLE MORE THAN 90 DEGREES....I'M GOING WITH CALM!

I firmly suggest that you downsize. You are special. You have a better understanding of canopy physics at 100 jumps than most people who have 1000’s of jumps. I really wouldn’t pay much attention to what these experienced jumpers are telling you. They are just jealous that you are doing so good and progressing so much faster than they did.

They are trying to hold you down. If you really want to turn some heads, I recommend the Velocity 90. You will push every envelope and it will be a true test of your talent and skill in the sport.

When you have survived at least a dozen landings on this canopy, you can post your success story here in the forums. Only then, will people realize how wrong they were to question your judgment.

You have a better understanding of canopy physics at 100 jumps than most people who have 1000’s of jumps.

Isn't this the way it works. We start off knowing lots in this sport and as we jump more and more we lose all that knowledge we started off with. So it's only natural that someone with 100 jumps would know more about canopy control than someone with 1000s of jumps. At least this is how I thought it worked. ;)

I recommend the Velocity 90

I think he'd be better off on a 78, maybe even a 74. :S

In all seriousness to the orginal poster, don't even think about downsizing right now. 70 jumps on one canopy isn't enough to know all that there is to know about it. I have no knowledge of this Springo canopy you speak of, but if you don't like it, why don't you look into a Sabre2, a Saffire2 and/or a Pilot. I started learning to swoop on a Sabre2 190, before I went down to a Sabre2 170, before I went to a Crossfire2 139 (a big step), before I went to a Crossfire2 119, before I went to a Velocity 111 all before I went to my current Velocity 103. See the pattern? I started off on a bigger wing, put hundreds of jumps on each wing before I went to the next smaller one and never took too much of a downsizing step.

Be safe, be smart ... swooping rocks ... but it is very unforgiving of the errors that we all make. I came close to femuring under a Sabre2 170 when I was caught in the corner with about 350ish jumps and I'd like to think that being under a 170 is the reason why I didn't mess myself up. If I was under a smaller wing, I likely would have femured. :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I HAVE 70 JUMPS WITH the SPRINGO....MY LANDINGS ARE UNDER CONTROL....I NEVER HAD PROBLEM.
I'M MAKING GRADUAL CURVES OF LITTLE MORE THAN 90 DEGREES....I'M GOING WITH CALM!

I firmly suggest that you downsize. You are special. You have a better understanding of canopy physics at 100 jumps than most people who have 1000’s of jumps. I really wouldn’t pay much attention to what these experienced jumpers are telling you. They are just jealous that you are doing so good and progressing so much faster than they did.

They are trying to hold you down. If you really want to turn some heads, I recommend the Velocity 90. You will push every envelope and it will be a true test of your talent and skill in the sport.

When you have survived at least a dozen landings on this canopy, you can post your success story here in the forums. Only then, will people realize how wrong they were to question your judgment.

Finally a sensible answer! Bravo!

Seriously, let the man jump whatever the hell he wants! Arent you tired yet of all this "should I downsize? I am in tune with my body!" nonesense?? Let them learn on THEIR mistakes.
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Seriously, let the man jump whatever the hell he wants! Arent you tired yet of all this "should I downsize? I am in tune with my body!" nonesense?? Let them learn on THEIR mistakes.

Remember what I told you the other week... always say it, cause then when someone does fuck up they have all that wonderful stuff that people said to them over the however many months years to think about when they heal...(and I know nothing of this I swear)

Miska...thanks for pointing out my mistakes when I make them...I am thinking of ranch for monday since I am off...maybe if it is crappy we can get the porter up for hop and pops all day again :)

Cheers

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Remember what I told you the other week... always say it, cause then when someone does fuck up they have all that wonderful stuff that people said to them over the however many months years to think about when they heal...(and I know nothing of this I swear)

You people make me laugh, acting like breaking a femur is the worst that can happen. Femurs heal. Death doesn't. If you break your femur, you were very close to dying, you just got lucky.

People, small canopies and swooping are serious business. You make a mistake, you might die. It happens too often. Don't let it happen to you.

If you do not have conditions to help... you do not confuse. Don't say shit to me without knowing what it happens.
The question is not downsize.

Fuck you shit man....I came to ask for opinions on Canopy, no downsise!! But always exist idiotic people as you....without capacity to help!!! I am here for learning...I do not disagree with nothing, but I told my situation to know where to help me.

i think you already got ALL the help and advice you need. Or able to comprehend.

oh and BTW...watch your language, son.
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

Guys
The question is not downsise...this will not be made!!
I only came to write my doubts on canopy.I am not obliged to know everything on everything. In Brazil it is said only on PD, Icarus, Aerodyne and little Parachutes de France .
Thanks a lot for the people whom good intention in helping me. What they are saying to me is being very valid.
The other people.... they show do not to know nothing, they had lost its time.

i think you already got ALL the help and advice you need. Or able to comprehend.

oh and BTW...watch your language, son.

And you, watch your nose, your fucking life. The subject was not on downsise....it gives attention, son.
The subject was COBALT!!!!!!!!!
With the helps...already i understood very well...I do not suffer from your bad.

thanks a lot for its wise and intelligent words

guizgabriel.. I'd d be very careful with your sarcastic "thank you" because those words may actually be important... If you make a mistake, at your loading... any mistake, Just like if I make a mistake at my loading, you will be in a chopper.

Why get so defensive with people that have 12 times plus more skydives than you? Do you know that much you need not listen? I'm not saying listen to me, but listen to the people that jump more than you, wayyyy more than you.

If you have never seen a person hit the ground, if you never saw a femur, pelvis, and broken back... if you never have seen a close friend of yours in a box, please ditch the smart man ruitne and can your wise remarks, because in this sport ending up in a box is all to real-

I have a friend with a broken back
I have a friend that broke a femur/ back/ pelvis when she hit the ground
I have an ex-friend that was killed a few years ago.

Do Not Get Complacent... Or you better get ready to enjoy your chopper ride. Relax man, no one is trying to piss on your life.. They are trying to save your life.

I'm a novice in swoop....now a use a springo with 1.4 wing load....but the openings are hard and the recovery arc is short.
I think about acquiring a cobalt with 1.66 wing load.

The question is not downsise.

I may have missed something, but according to your first post, you are talking about downsizing.

Derek

However, later in the thread he says that he isn't going to downsize... the initial comments from people appear to have changed his mind. He was still debating going to a Cobalt of the same size as the Springo. All the sarcastic posts later in the thread did was make the guy angry. Counterproductive.

If you do not have conditions to help... you do not confuse.

Huh? was that a rhetorical statement?

Don't say shit to me without knowing what it happens.

Does one not know what it happens, when one doesn't know shit?

So not only is your grammar bad, your memory is ambiguous as well. Maybe you should re-read your first post again.

If you do not have conditions to help... you do not confuse.

Huh? was that a rhetorical statement?

Don't say shit to me without knowing what it happens.

Does one not know what it happens, when one doesn't know shit?

pilots will choose a Cobalt one to two sizes smaller than their chosen size of Stilletto. This makes for the performance you want at a smaller pack volume.
http://www.atairaerodynamics.com/canopies/cobalt.html
(Springo is similar to Stilletto)

So not only is your grammar bad, your memory is ambiguous as well. Maybe you should re-read your first post again.

My grammar bad....I agree. Then you accepted to talk in Portuguese or Italian? My gramar is perfect!!!

However, later in the thread he says that he isn't going to downsize... the initial comments from people appear to have changed his mind. He was still debating going to a Cobalt of the same size as the Springo. All the sarcastic posts later in the thread did was make the guy angry. Counterproductive.

IT SAID EVERYTHING....

"the initial comments from people appear to have changed his mind" PERFECT COMMENTARY

DOWNSISE: IT WAS ABANDONED MAKES TIME.
I NEVER KNEW THE COBALT CHARACTERISTICS.
I AM HERE ONLY FOR LEARNING WITH MOST EXPERIENCED.

I'm a novice in swoop....now a use a springo with 1.4 wing load....but the openings are hard and the recovery arc is short.
I think about acquiring a cobalt with 1.66 wing load.

The question is not downsise.

I may have missed something, but according to your first post, you are talking about downsizing.

Derek

AND THE OTHERS COMMENTARIES? ;)

thanks a lot for its wise and intelligent words

guizgabriel.. I'd d be very careful with your sarcastic "thank you" because those words may actually be important...

FOR THE SERIOUS COMMENTARIES AND IMPORTANT....THEY HAD BEEN MANY BENEFICIAL.
I DID NOT LIKE ONLY THE CYNICAL.

An explanation of why this occurred:

A lot of people come onto these forums, looking for justification for the silly decision they want to make. When experienced jumpers tell them they're making a serious & potentially fatal mistake, they don't listen. Because they've seen this before, time and time again, the experienced jumpers then get angry and sarcastic. I'm no angel; I've been one of those people, though without the experience to help.

If someone just read the first post or two of this thread they might think you were one of these posters that doesn't listen. Unfortunately, that's a price you have to pay sometimes when you visit these forums.

As to your question: I've never jumped a Springo, and I've only got one jump on a Cobalt 170. The only advice I can give you is to take whatever useful information you can out of this thread and ignore the rest.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and be safe.