guizgabriel

Cobalt

If your profile is correct then be prepared for a lot of flaming, just like the first reply you got. At 100 jumps imo, you have no place being on a 1.4 wl nevermind 1.66.

Here's a story:

At 100 jumps i was on a 170 Hornet loaded just under 1.2. I was starting to experiment with double front riser landings and 90 degree riser turns. I went to Perris, sought coaching, got very current (did 160 jumps in 1.5 months) downsized to a 135 and had fun. Even started to do 180's.

When i got home i upsized back to my 170 and still managed to pound in on a 90 degree turn to double fronts. I have the metal and the scars to show you.

Think about upszing to somethig like a Safire 2, Sabre 2, a Fusion from Precision or even the Pilot. Spend time on these canopies, read Billvon's downsize checklist and seek advice from the pilots at your home dz.

We're all tired of seeing incident reports that start with "newbie jumper, x amount of skydives, high wingloading, hooked it in"

Be careful out there
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

CAN'T YOU SEE I'M A PEOPLE PERSON! I TAKE THE GOD DAMN SPECS FROM THE CUSTOMER AND GIVE THEM TO THE ENGINEERS! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! :D:D (from an american movie called office space)

my input is the same as peej's. i have been learning by the english ton on a sabre2 170 at 1.2.

i still have not maxed it out after 350+ jumps on it with at least 200 induced-speed landings.

have fun and carry good insurance!
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

So why the need to downsize?

I have no problem that you'd like to jump something different but why not stick with the same wl if that's where you say you're comfortable?

It's not the gradual carves that are going to get you hurt, it's the one day you swoop while angry or hungover or the day that another pilot doesn't see you and flies in front of you and you bury a toggle trying to avoid him.

Just be careful out there. I reiterate my point, 1.66 is a lot to handle at 100 jumps.

peace
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

A Springo is a HP canopy, similar to a Stiletto but twitchier, imo you have no business being under one at 100 jumps, let alone at 1.44... Under our rules you'd even need 500 jumps to jump it, and you have to stay below 1.5 untill 1000 jumps. Just a hint.

The not satisfied part I can understand though, it's a different canopy, you either like it or you don't.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I MUST KEEP THE SAME WING LOAD....1.4
BUT EXACTLY THUS I NEED A NEW CANOPIE....CAN YOU INDICATE SOME?
I READ THE COBALT SPECIFICATIONS AND I FOUND INTERESTING

how many jumps do you have? and what kind of things are you looking for in the canopy? how much do you weigh? in lbs. if possible.

.....nothing of high performance!!!

Then don't buy a cobalt. Buy a sabre2 or a Safire2. You can learn to swoop on either of those canopies and they will keep you entertained for many hundreds of jumps. A cobalt IS HIGH PERFORMANCE!!!

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I understand....but I wanted a caopy to INITIATE swoop. A intermediate canopy that i can learn some thing....a canopy level of springo.....nothing of high performance!!!

An intermediate canopy that you can learn to swoop on?

You're on a Springo 160 right now, personally, I'd recommend the Sabre2 or Pilot 170.
It is still too small for your experience and exit weight, but you sound like a guy that's not going to listen anyways, since you're already yelling at people on here that want to help you out.

I can only speak for the Sabre2 as I havent jumped a Pilot yet, but that canopy can teach you all the tricks you need and if flown right, will allow you to outswoop many people that think they need "higher performance canopies" to swoop.

First of all.. that Springo (I am not familiar with it) will allow you to do all of that too, look for a coach locally that will teach you and help you progress..

Thanks....
I do not want to make nothing with risks...then I came to look for most experienced!!!
I'm not a crazy...I'm going with calm and a coach.
But here we do not have many information of others canopys that they are not PD, Aerodyne and Icarus....a little of Parachute de France.
It's good being able to count on the experience of who wants to help....it is thus that we learn much thing.
thanks a lot

thanks a lot

You are very welcome..

And for your reference, I'm closing up on 1400 jumps, and I am still on a Sabre2. Granted mine is loaded up fairly heavily.. that canopy still has much more in it than I am able to get out of it..

Take it easy and be safe! ;)

Hey, Gabriel...

1000 jumps total, of which 700 hooking as much as I could with a BT pro and now a crossfire, which I load at 1.65. Felt pretty confident, never had a stitch.

I'm now jumping the forums with a broken collarbone, after my last swoop last friday.

Careful with that!

Fabien
BASE#944

I'm a novice in swoop....now a use a springo with 1.4 wing load

be carefull.

Ok Marks...i will not abuse. I'm respecting the necessary time for my development.

Just think about this... An acquaintance with about 275 -300 jumps loaded at 1:1 hooked himself into the ground and wound up with a doubly broken pelvis and broken femur... be careful bro and maintain altitude awareness would ya dont forget that an swoop abortion does save lives...
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

be carefull.

Ok Marks...i will not abuse. I'm respecting the necessary time for my development.

Just think about this... An acquaintance with about 275 -300 jumps loaded at 1:1 hooked himself into the ground and wound up with a doubly broken pelvis and broken femur... be careful bro and maintain altitude awareness would ya dont forget that an swoop abortion does save lives...

I do not make hookturn and no type of dangerous curve. Landing calmly....I want to learn swoop, I know that it takes many jumps....I do not practise swoop!!!

I know that this is pointless, but the 2 statements above are mutually exclusive. You cannot be respecting time for development if you are at 1.4 on a performance elliptical. In all likelihood you are going to put yourself in the hospital.

With 100 jumps you have no buisness at 1.4. One more time: With 100 jumps you have no buisness at 1.4. What possible reason could you have to change canopies, other than to get something bigger that your skills and experience can handle. Even if you were exceptional, you are in very real danger.

I know a guy with about 300 jumps who thought he had his 90 degree front riser turns dialed in. He shattered is pelvis and hip, and broke his back as well. I know you are not going to listen, but you are heading right for a hard impact with the earth right now. Change your ways before you are strapped to a back board in a medic choppper.

:(

So why the need to downsize?

I have no problem that you'd like to jump something different but why not stick with the same wl if that's where you say you're comfortable?

It's not the gradual carves that are going to get you hurt, it's the one day you swoop while angry or hungover or the day that another pilot doesn't see you and flies in front of you and you bury a toggle trying to avoid him.

Just be careful out there. I reiterate my point, 1.66 is a lot to handle at 100 jumps.

peace
PJ

If I may throw in another opinion, I do have a problem with a hundred jumps and liking to jump something more aggressive than a Springo. Or even as aggressive as, like a Springo. The lack of experience that comes from not having made a lot more than a hundred jumps calls for a canopy with a short recovery arc, and preferably a longer toggle stroke than a Springo (I've jumped one. It's .. interesting). It's easy to make a small mistake followed by an overly large correction and then finding yourself pointed at the ground in a dive that takes longer to recover than altitude allows.

If you want to learn skills that will allow you to start learning to swoop later, much later, on, start by upsizing to a more docile canopy and learning to fly that. Practice accuracy, flying through the landing, crosswind landings, build experience, hang at the bar or the campfire, become a rounded skydiver. Take your time. Please.

(Somewhere deep down, I still hope this is a troll.)
Johan.
I am. I think.

Now that this guy has your absolute attention (with all means) I want to consider some advice from all of you. Like Peej I have a hornet 170 that I have been jumping for about 200 jumps with a wing loading of almost 1.3. I just ordered a crossfire2 150 (that I will be loading at 1.5), which I plan to receive and jump some time in December with some 50 more jumps on the hornet. Do you think that this downsize is way too much. I also jump a space 160, which is similar to a cobalt. Please let me know what you guys think. I have been thinking of going to the scott miller course before I get to jump that 150.
I also would like to now what happened to you Peej when you jumped that 135, which I will never do.