swoopster33

CPC Championships and Go Fast Challenge Updates

The thing I have always admired about the top guys like Jay is their quiet professionalism and lack of arrogance. Their attitude and leadership while setting the bar, speaks volumes.

I'm totally impressed with the pros I've been able to talk to this week. Not only are they true bad asses, but they have humility that they portray which is something that most of us up and coming jumpers really need to follow. This has been one hell of a fantastic week of swooping and it's not even over yet. Today is pro freestyle ... I must get off of DZ.COM and get out to the pond to watch the action. I wish more of you were out here sharing this great event with us, but you're not. Pond swooping rocks!!!

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The thing I have always admired about the top guys like Jay is their quiet professionalism and lack of arrogance. Their attitude and leadership while setting the bar, speaks volumes.

I'm totally impressed with the pros I've been able to talk to this week. Not only are they true bad asses, but they have humility that they portray which is something that most of us up and coming jumpers really need to follow. This has been one hell of a fantastic week of swooping and it's not even over yet. Today is pro freestyle ... I must get off of DZ.COM and get out to the pond to watch the action. I wish more of you were out here sharing this great event with us, but you're not. Pond swooping rocks!!!

on my way now. i plan on doing crashes inbetween loads so the crowd doesnt get bored.:)

Guess you'll have to come next time and swoop the big air.

Results and photos I was given yesterday will be posted as soon as I can get a chance to get them up.

I will be there next year, but most likely with a camera on the sidelines.. I have no business on a Velocity (or other crossbraced like that) yet... :P

Samantha McNenney!

OHH SHIT! im getting shot for that one!

Say what!?

Congrats Brian, good job at the CPC. What Up, PRO swooper? Good Job Brother.

Now about the quote...What Up Samantha?

i was joking when i said that, but now your really going to get me shot for saying it.;)

Well congrats anyways you aderol freak maybe next year i will try and compete

adderall. they wont give me that shit.

maybe next year i will try and compete

good, i need your money!

j/k. im sure you will learn alot. i cant even begin to explain how much i learned in competition. and that doesnt even include the personal shit, and how to deal with peeps.

i got alot to learn on that subject. but for those who know what im talking about.. am i ahead OR behind you on that learning curve. i know where i stand. where do you stand? think about it. i have for years.

Thanks again to Mile-Hi, the staff and all the organisers (Jim, Jason, Lyle, etc) for their hard work. I had a blast :)
I really enjoyed Pro/Am Challenge and I hope it becomes a regular event. I know it was a huge crowd pleaser and I hope the pro's and ams participating had a great time too.

Good times were had by all - can't wait to get back and do some more high alt, high speed swooping.

Stay safe.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

For the 1st ever Pro/Am event Ian Drennen and TJ Langren(sp) took 1st. Stuart Schoenfeld and Jay Moledski took 2nd. And i believe Mark Shimmell and John Judy took 3rd.

For me personally this event was absolutely amazing and i learned an unbelievable amount from Jay.

Thanks again to all competitors, sponsors, and staff that put their heart and soal into this event. I would really like to give thanks to mile-hi skydiving, they are one of the best dz's in the world and will be only getting better. like i said before in another post this will be THE place to swoop in the year(s) to come. so if you've never been there you're missing out!

And i would like to give one last thanks to Nick for letting me stay at his place the entire 10 days i was there. enjoy that "rent" i left in your refridgerator for ya and if you're ever in Oregon look me up you can always crash at my place. take it easy bro and keep in touch.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

i'm holding the overall results page handed out at the awards ceremony on Wednesday. it lists David Billings as 13th place, Steve Armstrong as 14th, Grant Adams at 15th, and Brian Gile at 16th. it also shows Aubrey Cundall at 23rd, and Jason Tolliver at 24th. why have these places been changed on the Go Fast Challenge results page?

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

Where's all the pics and vids!?

one of our video flyers took hundreds of photos of the competition rounds, sequentially so competitors are in several pictures in a row. any competitor interested in getting a copy of the dvd movie he made me please email me at [email protected].

nice work last week everyone.

j. russell

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

i'm holding the overall results page handed out at the awards ceremony on Wednesday. it lists David Billings as 13th place, Steve Armstrong as 14th, Grant Adams at 15th, and Brian Gile at 16th. it also shows Aubrey Cundall at 23rd, and Jason Tolliver at 24th. why have these places been changed on the Go Fast Challenge results page?

I know there were some mistakes made when tallying the scores for the distance rounds. They were corrected by Thursday morning. Maybe that explains the discrepancies. On a related note, did they ever post the complete score sheets that show the results of the individual rounds? Are they planning to?

On a related note, did they ever post the complete score sheets that show the results of the individual rounds? Are they planning to?

As far as I know Corrine (sp?) posted the updated results on the trailer adjacent to the pond. But no detailed results were ever posted online. But Jim told me that he would do this on the canopypiloting.com website once he gets home. So we'll need to bug Jim in a day or two.

Anyone have footage from the ProAm event?

Looking forward to see if any more videos from the event surface.

The Triax people videotaped virtually every jump, but they're off doing some sort of special video of the event and we'll just need to be patient to see what they come up with (hopefully it won't be too long before they're done). But it is kind of disappointing that with all the other video cameras which were running, so far the only person who has choosen to share some of their video was Travis (he did use Brady's view of Moledski's jump). I know of at least one other really cool view of Jay Moledski's distance record jump taken from the entry gates, but I fear that it will be kept private and not shared.

Come on folks, I know a lot of cameras were running out there. Why do some people choose not to share their work with the people who couldn't be there. This was an awesome event to both participate in and to be a spectator for, but the lack of video surfacing is disappointing. [:/]