windcatcher

What else can I do to learn about flying a canopy?

So I am taking a canopy course this weekend, and I am so desperate to learn about flying my canopy. What else can I do?
I really want to learn all I can, about flying, flaring, etc, my canopy, I don;t want to just learn the basics.

If I can't learn to fly my canopy better, I will just give up skydiving. ( because I don't want to land like an idiot each jump and not learn from my mistakes)However, I am willing to learn all I can about canopy flight. Any suggestions?
(sorry if a repost). Thanks, I appreciate all.:)I hope this is in the right forum:|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

are you telling me there is NOBODY at your dropzone that is jumping at the opportunity to help you? Where do you jump San Francisco or something?

P.S. any naked pics of yourself will be greatly appreciated
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

When I first started jumping and even more when I really started trying high performance landings I was always landing like an idiot. To some it seemed as if I would never learn. I think there are still some pics floating around of the injuries I inflicted upon myself over two years ago. I did, however, eventually catch on. It was like a light bulb clicking on. This weekend I competed in my first competition and placed respectably at 3rd with only 550ish jumps. The point is, that if you keep at it, one day it will click, especially if your as dedicated to getting better as you sound. Nothing will make you better than practice. If your ever in NC I know a few people that will be glad to help you out. Good Luck. Blue Skies.
--------------------------------------------------
"But I'm Just doin what I have to do to survive"-MM

well no, people give me advice, but I want to learn about flying techniques, understanding the concept of flying a canopy. I don't just want to learn HOW to flare, but why I need to flare, etc. I want to be able to grasp the concepts behind how a parachute works,instead of just doing it and not knowing why I do what I should do:S

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

well no, people give me advice, but I want to learn about flying techniques, understanding the concept of flying a canopy. I don't just want to learn HOW to flare, but why I need to flare, etc. I want to be able to grasp the concepts behind how a parachute works,instead of just doing it and not knowing why I do what I should do:S

I've got a copy of Brian Germain's book you can have if ya want, just let me know. ;)

This book should be named "THE BIBLE OF CANOPY FLIGHT". a must have for every skydiver and not just for skydiver interested in high performance canopy flight!

Hail Brain

Blue skies
One must ensure that his or her spirit is never broken......Samurai Maxim

What else can I do?...Any suggestions?

Are your numbers correct? 77 jumps in 4 years is not nearly enough to maintain, let alone gain, proficiency. One suggestion would be to jump more. I understand economics of time and money, but it is not an easy sport at which to get better unless you do it. (Hopefully that doesn't sound harsh, because it was not meant that way.)

The canopy course and Brian Germain's book are a great start. Also, if you can get someone to vid your landings, that will help you see what you are doing, and not what you think you are doing.

Good luck and aloha.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.