Levin

Texas CPC meet #1

Congrats :)Glad everyone had a safe time.
Does someone have the results for each round (scores, distances, zones, etc)?
Nice job dude!
Blues,
Ian

Levin would have that information.
I want to point out that Yoshi was one of two competitors NOT flying a X-braced wing. ;) Everyone was safe, i did not see a single person even think about digging out of any turns.:)
Pics later today, i still use that "film" stuff.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Levin would have that information.

Cool, hopefully he'll post it, or drop it to me in a PM.

I want to point out that Yoshi was one of two competitors NOT flying a X-braced wing.

That is a piece of news I love to hear. It's always good to see someone out there showing that you don't need a x-brace to win.

Blues!
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

We all had a great time and we all learned quite a bit about competing. I'll tell you, vertical extensions will eat your lunch.:D

Well, I know that we all can't wait for the next one and as the season continues we're all going to get better at this swooping thing-a-majig.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

it was so much fun...cant wait for the next one!

BTW aggie: those vertical extentions are a crapper huh? But I totally give you props for vert-ing the ENTIRE course!!! :P:D;)

-yoshi

BTW aggie: those vertical extentions are a crapper huh? But I totally give you props for vert-ing the ENTIRE course!!!

No doubt, that takes mad skill to do a complete 300ft swoop 15ft off the ground.:o:$:D:P

For those that don't know, Yoshi is a work in progress, not just a year ago he was very very scary under canopy, now he's backed off got some good coaching and moved on slowly with his skills. So the fact that he was really safe and flew very well at this meet is very impressive.:)

Brits beat Yoshi in round 1 by 100 points.

Hehe, this is true. It was great how he came back and royally kicked our ass!

I had SO much fun!!! Thanks everyone for making this thing happen, I learned so much and did I tell you I had a blast? It was cool watching everyone's improvement from beginning to end, considering I coulda used my zone accuracy distance for the first 2 rounds ;)

This is going to be a fun year... for a first time swoop comp experience, this has really peaked my interest more than I expected.

Thanks aggie. I have really toned things down quite a bit. I was way to into the idea of swooping when I first started and decided I wanted to push my limits, and almost pushed them beyond my physical boundries. everyone throughout the comp made significant progress. it was pretty amazing to see the improvement in 6 jumps. not to mention it was a great time hanging with everyone in the down time.

brit: you definately smoked my distance 1 round by over 100 feet, and have the smalled canopy in the comp. way to go on placing 4th! cant wait till the next one.

-yoshi

Thanks to everyone that came out for our first CPC meet. Special thanks to Haylee, Daniel, Amanduh, Jeff (Brains) Darrel and Jason for helping with judging and setting the courses up. I couldn't have gotten it done without yall. Thanks to Aggieland for hosting this on such short notice.

We had 7 competitors register for the first meet. We had 8-14mph winds throughout most of the day. Many of the compettors got hosed in the distance and zone accuracy events. Fortunately the winds died down to 0mph for the speed round.

The results from the meet are as follows...

DISTANCE:
1. Todd Spillers - 236' 8" + V = 236' 8"
2. Levin Jackson - 137' 1" + 80' 3" = 217' 4"
3. Kevin "Yoshi" Yasuda - V + 204' 5" = 204' 5"
4. Bryan Moffett (IMRG2) - 169' 5" + V = 169' 5"
5. Brittany Sanchez (Brits17) - 100' 2" + 39' 5" = 139' 7"
6. Katrina Autry - V + 2' 3" = 2' 3"
7. Dave Lund (AggieDave) - V + V = NS

ZONE ACCURACY
(L = Lines, Z = Zones, T = Total)
1. Todd - (R1) L60 + Z24, (R2) V = T84
2. Yoshi - (R1) L60 + Z9, (R2) L31 + Z0 = T69
3. Levin - (R1) L60 + Z0, (R2) L60 + Z0 = T0
3. Katrina - (R1) L47 + Z0, (R2) L47 + Z0 = T0
4. Brits17 - (R1) L60 + Z0, (R2) V = T0
4. AggieDave - (R1) L31 +Z0, (R2) V = T0

SPEED
(T = Time, F = Fault)
1. Yoshi - (R1) T4.4, (R2) T3.73 = 8.13
2. Levin - (R1) T5.63, (R2) T5.13 = 10.76
3. Brits17 - (R1) F10, (R2) T4.43 = 14.43
4. Katrina - (R1) F10, (R2) T5.7 = 15.7
5. Todd - (R1) T3.63, (R2) V = V3.63
6. AggieDave - (R1) T4.73, (R2) V = V4.73

OVERALL
1. Kevin "Yoshi" Yasuda - XF2, 1.8 - Spaceland
2. Levin Jackson - FX74, 2.0 - NOT SDH
3. Todd Spillers - Velocity 103, 2.18 - Aggieland
4. Brittany Sanchez - VX60, 2.1 - SDH
5. Katrina Autry - Velocity 90, 2.1 - Spaceland
6. Dave "AggieDave" Lund - XF2 149, 1.9 - Aggieland
7. Bryan Moffett - Onyx 75, 2.2 - Skydive San Marcos

Again thanks to everyone for coming out. It was a great 1st meet. Cyall again at Aggieland for meet #2 June 5th. Just a reminder, if you weren't at this meet and you aren't at the next meet you will not be eligible to advance to the CPC Championships. Requirement is 4/5 meets.

June 5th - Aggieland
June 26th - Dallas
July 10th - Lake Gladewater
August 21 - Spaceland

September 12 - 18 - CPC Championships - Mile High, Denver, CO

edit = typos

Awesome. 8-14 mph winds definitely make ZA a PITA, at least with distance pretty much everyone is penalized equally so at least that balances it out, but having to do the gates on ZA and get through the deadzone in winds can be quite challenging.

Congrats to all the competitors (especially first timers), everyone did great :)
Blues!
Ian

Bummer about the wind. Hopefully it didn't differ too much from competitor to competitor, load to load. Did you guys do your zone accuracy event over water or land?

Our 2nd CPC event comes up this weekend. Should be fun.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Hopefully it didn't differ too much from competitor to competitor, load to load.

Unfortunately it did. Not that it mattered for my verticals (I wish I had a good excuse like that:P), but the winds did vary quite a bit during the meet.[:/]

That's ok, since everyone was safe and every one had a great time, no one really seemed to care.

Did you guys do your zone accuracy event over water or land?

Seeing how Aggieland is at a city airport and the city kinda slow to new ideas (even though there's been jumping on this airport since the early '50s), we don't have a swoop pond (yet), it was done on land.

Brits beat Yoshi in round 1 by 100 points.

I think I'll frame that :)
Brittany my love, you rock!

The event sounds like it was a great success. Y'all did great. Gates are a challenge to begin with and you guys did it with a pretty heavy cross wind.

Congratulations to everyone.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I only asked about the swoop pond (or lack there of) because I noticed you guys had the potential to score points in zone accuracy by dragging your feet through some lines before zone zero. We also did our CPC comp over dry land, but didn't allow for points to be awarded by dragging the feet and we ended up with several ties in zone accuracy.

Jeff...do you have your pics yet of the meet?

Yeah, but they suck.:S I didn't get my camera out till the speed rounds, and the lighting sucked by then.:D That's my story and i am sticking to it.;) Here are the ones that sucked the least.;)

Maybe it's just me, but the course looks about 5 feet or so wider than our course here in CO. But it could just be my eyes and the pics playing tricks on me. Also, we've got 10 foot high noodles surrounding our course not wind blades. But the winds blades do show the cross-wind the TX competitors had to deal with during this comp.

That's my story and i am sticking to it.;) Here are the ones that sucked the least.;)

This is by far and away my favorite - Can I get a print of this one? :D:D:D

Peace,
Z

Yeah, i don't go by brains cause i'm smart:P For the second round, i went over to the OUTSIDE of the carving lane:D:$:D

Steve, i couldn't tell you, but i "THINK" the course was set up at 30'.(wide) We had 10' blades for entrance gates and 5' for the rest of the course.

Steve, i couldn't tell you, but i "THINK" the course was set up at 30'.(wide) We had 10' blades for entrance gates and 5' for the rest of the course.

So did you guys judge verticalling out of the course during a speed run and the zone accuracy gates? Obviously for distance it doesn't matter cause you only have to eclipse the first gate.

Blues,
Ian