Levin

Texas CPC meet #1

But the winds blades do show the cross-wind the TX competitors had to deal with during this comp.

actually the winds had died down to almost nothing for the speed rounds. Just before the accuracy rounds the wind was blowing some of the blades off the poles.

i thought verticle extensions in the course only applied to the speed course?

7.2. The competitor must score the entry gate then remain within the boundaries of the course as defined by the course markers to obtain a score. After scoring the entry gate there is no penalty for vertical extensions.

Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

So did you guys judge verticalling out of the course during a speed run and the zone accuracy gates? Obviously for distance it doesn't matter cause you only have to eclipse the first gate.

Yeah, yeah, you can tell I'm verticled in one of those pics, eh?:D:P

Oh well, I was hauling ass, though...of course the best pic Brains got of me has all 255lbs of me hiding behind a 5ft windblade while swooping.:D:D:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Oh well, I was hauling ass, though...of course the best pic Brains got of me has all 255lbs of me hiding behind a 5ft windblade while swooping.

Exactly!:D You think that was an easy shot to get????;)

Next time, I'll swoop, you run the camera.:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Next time, I'll swoop, you run the camera

You'll get a lot of thumbs and fuzzy swoopers, that's for sure. I'm a master of the point and shoot disposable camera, but when it comes to real photography I'll leave that to the pros.

I can stand there like a drooling idiot with my PC105 and video pretty well, then edit it all together in some sort of cool way, though.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

there has been a judging error in the results from our first meet. i was told a vertical extension on the entry gate was an incomplete and that ranking order in the speed event was done in brackets for vertical extension. turns out thas was the old system and in the new system a vertical extension is a fault receiving the worst possible score. after implenting the new system the results are as follows...

speed:

1. Yoshi
2. Levin
3. Todd
4. Brittany
5. AggieDave
6. Katrina

overall:

1. Todd
2. Yoshi
3. Levin
4. Brittany