Jskydiver22

Slider Stow

Hey, i figured this would be the best place for this post.

Does anyone know where i can actually buy one of the slider stows that goes around the top of your reserve flap? Ive searched the forums for it already but i could only find information on it. Is there some website i can go to and order one or something?

While i'm at it...where can i get an icarus canopies t-shirt?

Sorry if the swooping and canopy control forum isnt the best for it, but i couldnt think of anything else it would go under :)

--I don't even know enough to know that I dont know--

Hey man, Walmart or your local hardware store in the sporting goods section. All it is is a bungee to hold tarps. All you have to do is cut it to length and put a rubber band on it. Only thing is you have to buy a whole package of 8-10 bungees. They dont come in single pieces or pairs. Or if you can get a better deal from the icarus staff member then definitely go that route.

i'd suggest getting someone to make you a velcro one like aggiedave said. anyone who can run a sewing machine (rigger) should be able to make one real easy. i started out using the bungie stow combo, but switched to velcro, main reason is it's a lot easier and faster to use.

At the Desert Boogie in Swakopmund, a couple of the Carrots had a simple ass mod on their back risers. It was just a semi stiff piece of material about an inch long sewn across each back riser which allows the slider to be pull behind your head and will stay there, easy to release.
Maybe someone here has seen it and can explain it better or send a pic.

Cheers,
Courteney.
...drags me down like some sweet gravity!!!

At the Desert Boogie in Swakopmund, a couple of the Carrots had a simple ass mod on their back risers. It was just a semi stiff piece of material about an inch long sewn across each back riser which allows the slider to be pull behind your head and will stay there, easy to release.

Cheers,
Courteney.

Hooknswoop recently set me up with a similar system (I've yet to jump it though). He's sewn some webbing onto my front riser which makes pulling the slider down over it easy, but it (the slider) won't want to ride back up the risers once it's down.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I've been jumping a mod like that for years, I think you'll like it a lot. Pull the slider down to the bottom of the rears first, then pull the front over the webbbing. When I had it done it was a little stiff and tricky to do at first, but as the webbing softened and I got more used to it, it became a lot easier.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

That's what I do to all my risers.

It's easy. Take some briddle webbing, the length should be six times the width of the risers, double it up and sew it together (make two).

Then sew it to the rear risers as low as possible so that you have 1/3 of it sticking out on each side.

It works like wonder.
Memento Audere Semper

"Riser Tits" don't allow you to pull the slider down nearly far enough to get it out of your way in my opinion. True, It gets it down, but only straight behind your head. I have them on my wingsuit rig's risers, but that's only because I have enough other shit to deal with that I don't want the hassle of a better option.

Slider Stow . com

Seems like every time someone raises a post from so many years ago, at least one of the posters is no longer alive.

Lots has changed since 2005.

I'm sure your product works fine but you may want to post a photo of something better. The green part on that tab looks pretty bad. Based on that photo alone, if I were in the market for one, I wouldn't buy it.

Good luck with your business, I really mean it but seriously, clean up that tab.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto