cobaltdan

ONYX pictures

Sweet! i think i got at least two of Moffett from last weekend. We don't have a pond though.>:( If they turn out i will send them to you (high res) and post them here also.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I'm very interested to see how it flys compared to the other x-braces out there. Is it's distance as competitive, is it better, is it worse? All these things will be answered in time I'm sure.

I think I'd rather see companies try and be innovative and fail (relative term, I'm sure they always learn sometime) than not try at all.

It'll be interesting to see how it performs over the next few months.

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

The Onyx seems to have a really short line set. Just wondering what your reasoning was for this?

It's so you can reach up and throw the pilot chute off if it ends up over the nose. j/k. Yeah, it's nutty how the canopy seems to be just right on top.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

the pink is an 85 and the aqua a 95

the important thing to look at in the pictures is the nose. the canopy has lower spanwise distortion than any other canopy, and what i am most proud of is that the nose is fully tensioned and stays formed even in high speed flight. it does not dimple in from the pressure of the on coming wind as happens on all other formed nose canopies. this makes for a higher efficiency wing.

i am excited to see what all you swoopa-stars will do with them in competition this year.

sincerely,

dan<><>
www.atairaerospace.com
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

yes a limited amount of demos are available. in addition we will be running a special price on onyx canopies for a limited time in liew of a more extensive demo program.

details to be released soon.

sincerely,

daniel preston <><>
atairaerospace.com
Daniel Preston <><>
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

Ian,
I actually got to jump a 75 a couple of weeks back and although it opened in line twist, it opened better than any Cobalt I've jumped. The spot wasn't good, so I wasn't able to really hook it but the owner jumped my Xaos 27-79 and thought that it flew much better than the Onyx! The Onyx packs up really small compared to my Xaos 27 which packs like a 120[:/]. The Onyx looked like 99 when packed.

but the owner jumped my Xaos 27-79 and thought that it flew much better than the Onyx!

Good job on the misquote.
I did say it flew good but not better than my onyx.
Good try Conway.

Sorry Brian, my misunderstanding. I did say it was the nicest opening Cobalt I ever jumped.;)

Finally got my pics of the Onyx 75 done. Only one turned out halfway good. I am not the photog that Dan is obviously.B| Of course my subject leaves a lot to be desired also.:D

nice pic, little better color patterns then the pink ones. did the pilot say how it has been flying? have you seen some good shreds under that thing?

I just stand there and take pics man, i am in no way qualified to answer that. I fly a skybarge compared to that thing. Ask him, he posted to this thread already.B| The pic is of IMGR2;)