freeatlast

Canopy control course in Florida ???

I'm heading to florida in mid jan and I'm interested in taking a canopy control course whilst I'm out there. I'm interested in learning to fly my canopy in a better and safer manner rather than learning to swoop necessarily.

Can anyone recomend a course / school. I've seen that deland offers such a course - are there any others running in mid jan ???

Cheers

James

Scott has joined forces with Shannon Pilcher and Ian Bobo to form what will be close to a canopy college. Look for information in the upcoming Skydiving. But this means that you can receive Canopy coaching at Skydive Deland 365 days a year.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Cool - it definately looks like this is the course to go for then - thanks for all the reccomendations !!!

It'll be my pre-second visit to Deland :$

So I better go on a quiet day otherwise the beer bill might be high !!!

- Also any advice on where to stay in the Deland area?? As we'll be there I guess for a couple of days!!

- Also any advice on where to stay in the Deland area?? As we'll be there I guess for a couple of days!!

There are 4 hotels listed on the Deland website at www.skydivedeland.com. You can also camp at the dz, and some people have bunk houses in the area. Call manifest to hook you up with them.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I can only agree with others - Scott Miller has to be your first choice - without trying to pressure you too much!! I completed his basic canopy course. It represents great value for money, but more importantly, boosted my own confidence under canopy and taught me new survival techniques. If you're making the trip across, you will have fun as the people I have met at DeLand are friendly, too.

I'm here until the end of January. Good luck!

Dave C. (UK).
My favourite saying is under construction...

Well thanks everyone for the overwhelming response - I'm landing in Tampa on the 15th and should be in Deland around the 18th Jan.

I'm going to do the course with Scott as it seems to be one of the best around ...

Hopefully I'll be a better canopy pilot for it !!!

Anyway feel free to say hi if you spot someone looking lost on the 18th/19th ha ha :)
James

Big Air Sportz will be running one at Skydive South Beach (SOBE) on Jan 24 & 25. That's the new Pahokee DZ, in case you haven't heard.

You can contact SOBE at: 813.625.4625
Instructional Videos:www.AdventureWisdom.com
Keynote Speaking:www.TranscendingFEAR.com
Canopies and Courses:www.BIGAIRSPORTZ.com

How did your class go?

I took Scott's class a while back and it was pretty informative.

I just sat through a seminar with Brian Germain this weekend and almost went into information overload... this guy knows his stuff! I wonder how many years of classes with Brian it would take to actually pick his brain clean. :p Highly recommended!

Angela.