Professor

What's your favorite HP 9 cell?

Has anyone voted for something OTHER than their own? I voted XF2 rather than my stilletto as i prefered it and will buy one when I can (assuming I don't prefer the katana)

I did exactly the same thing. I've got most of my jumps on a stiletto, but I prefer the XF2 that I demoed to it. Too bad there's so many other cool things to spend money on, or I'd have one.

Blues

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.

The Samurai is a really good wing, I love mine, is rigid on the air, rock solid, and flies really nice.
Riser presure is consistant and the really responsive.
the flare is different than PD canopies (Vengance, Sabre 1 and 2 and Stiletto).
I love my Samurai.
Thanks Big Air Sportz.
Pablito

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

Interesting how well the cobalt is doing.

Actually I'm not supprised at all about the brake down of the top three since its about what I see in terms of popularity in the real world, on the DZ.

I am suprised that the big air products isn't higher on the poll. Most owners love theirs. Maybe numbers in the field have more to do with this.

Still I don't see the army of darkness against the cobalt that some threads seem to bring out.

Yeah, it's not real suprising, is it. Although I didn't realize the Crossfire 2 was so popular. I've only seen two, and one was a demo.

It would be nice to know what people voted for, and what else they flown. And what people were thinking of who voted for 'something else'.

Ted

You know how many Crossfire 2's I have seen (outside of Rantoul)? One. Steve-O was jumping one at ASC last winter. There are just not a lot of them around here. On the other hand, there are still quite a few Cobalt derivatives. What I see mostly, though, are PD Stilettos. It is till, by far, the most popular nine-cell performance canopy, at least at every dropzone I have ever visited.

Chuck

We don't have a single Crossfire2 at my DZ and only about 2 original Crossfires. I see more Stilettos and Sabre2's in a weekend then I do every other canopy type combined almost.

I voted for a Samauri even though I've only flown Cobalts, Jedeis, Sams, Firebolts, Stilettos, Vengence, Sabre2's, and Sabres.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

That's what I'm saying. I see piles of Cobalts (here in TX) and a lot of PD stuff (mostly stilettos and spectres). 1 guy I know owns a XF2, one owns 2 samurais, I've seen one vengance, one nitron, and basically zero of everything else. That's why I think it would be cool to see what people have flown. I'd be willing to bet most people have only jumped one or 2 different canopies on the list, and that was probably a stiletto and cobalt. The other stuff is just too rare.

Ted

OK, true, there are some heatwaves, a couple johnathans, some jedeis, but I was mainly talking about some of the newer tech stuff like the demon, blade, amax, firebolt, etc. I don't think that sort of stuff is widespread enough to get a proper representation in a pole like this.

Ted

I´ve just voted for the xfire2, cause I´ll maybe buy one soon.
But since you asked, I can tell you what´s popular here in Germany at the moment. This is just for the 4 dz where I jump at a "regular" basis. Mostly you´ll see Stilettos & Crossfire´s 1+2, I see more and more Faqtor`s and Nitro`s (maybe cause they are from German manufactures and cheaper) a few, but very rarely Vengeance´s and Fandango´s, Ive only seen one Demon and no Blade`s (I though they haven`t been released yet?).
I personally don´t know anybody that flies a Cobalt or anything from Brian Germain (Samurai, Jedei, etc), just seen a Heatwave once (from an Indish Jumper).
And myself, I´ve jumped the Stiletto, Vengeance, Crossfire2 and the Faqtor (but I don´t consider it as hp, semi hp would be more suitable for that canopy).

Just my experiences.....

Ride On & Blues!
Jens
------------------------------------------------------
ROCK ON,.....HARD!
Proud European!!

Cool, thanks for the input. I left the faqtor off because I was under the impression that it was a mid range canopy, which you seem to confirm. I left the RAGE, Rage, and Katana off because they aren't available yet, but I thought the Blade was out. Hi Per's web page says it's out, but I don't know how long that's been true. I know the pink.at and die schurken web pages have shown those guys flying the blade for a while. It's strange to hear that the Cobalt isn't popular in Europe.

Blues

Ted

Where I jump (Sweden) the Cobalt has no representative, but we do have some Impulses and Competition Impulses. They are the same as the Cobalt except for the pattern on the bottom skin. We also have about 6 or 7 Crossfire 2's a few 1's. but not any other european canopies. And sadly none of Brian Germains canopies. That might change though, I would definitely like to try the Samurai.

The Socal are is very PD, Icarus dominated. Probably followed by aerodyne. The new aerodyne is gaining in popularity. Demos in stock at local gearstores reflect same.

We have tons of stillettos in use and they have been around for a while. They seem to be the ol' standard, the used market reflects this also.
The new hot property seems to be the X-fire, around here. But you never know what is function and what is FAD. Some jumpers that I respect away from the mob like theirs.

The Cobalt suffers out west due to "bad press", If I talk to someone who actually flys one the results are actually good. The Space, impulse etc have only good things said about them. Mostly in recollection as there aren't many around anymore and not too many were produced. Positive conversation about the cobalt usually stems from someone having had Attair's earlier products.
A lot of bad press is second hand of course and some of it by people ( get this ) that have NEVER jumped it!
So the motto is DEMO! DEMO! DEMO! don't let some one else pick what you are spending your money on.

I myself have never had a bad experience w/ a cobalt, but I've also never had anything like the performance they're hyped to have. OK openings, OK flight, nice landings. Nothing to rant or rave about. I think it's Atair's marketing and 'customer service' that is what causes all the animosity.

Blues

Ted