RSG

Smallest Canopy ever seen?

When I was about 4 years old our grand parents had a nice and long staircase. At least 3 meter drop.

Always when we wisited our grandma and grandpa I made REALLY small canopies (round ones) from thin plastic bags. I tied a LEGO-man to the harness and watched him fly... ;)

Those canopies were about 15cm diameter so I guess they were the smallest I have ever seen.

:):)

I know a certain person on these forums that flies a VX-60...

...in Colorado!

;)I think he really impressed my husband when he came to our DZ...Mr. BikerBabe has never seen swooping like that before!

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

pic: trade show booth with heather. the 25 is yellow and purple and was reinforced for 500# exit weight (i would tell you why but then i would have to kill you;))

i call it my tracking parachute.

dan

Daniel Preston
atairaerodynamics.com (sport)
atairaerospace.com (military)

c25.jpg

ROFL,
Big Eric from Hawaii,?

Did he agree not to jump it? Or just that he wouldn't land it...;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Yes that would be our own Hooknswoop (aka Derek). The sound his canopy makes as he comes in and flares is pretty distinctive (it's hard to describe unless you've heard it). He is very skilled (3000+ jumps), but all I can say is be safe Derek.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

A few people were jumping it out at Perris when I was there earlier this month. I kept telling Luigi, "You can just set it down over next to my container, I wanna jump it next..." He kept saying, "I don't know... I don't know...." I just couldn't seem to convince him that a 5.1 was okay! ;)

Jason

I had to look at the pic 5 times before i FOUND it. The 25 is on its way out here you say?
The smallest I've seen anyone land (in my extremely limited experience) is a 69 and I'm not even sure what it is, just that it looks like a hanky. Its a smallish guy jumping it though. It makes this fantastic sound. I love to watch people swoop. Someday...
Jess

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming....