mountainman

Tad's Sportswear jumpsuits....

Hey all.....Laura and I are looking into ordering a couple of freefly suits from Tad's and are wondering if anyone has had any experiences with them.
How do you like the quality? The fit? The time frame from order to delivery? Do they stand behind them? How much was shipping???
Thanks for the help!! :)-------------
http://www.JumpinDuo.com
"oh no. Not another one"-Alienangel

Hey. I got a Tads earlier this year cause it was such a good price. It arrived about 2 weeks later than promised. It looks pretty nice but doesn't fit me well at all. I'm not quite sure why I took all those measurements for a suit that doesn't fit! So now I just dropped it off to get alterations. I am also ordering another suit cause I don't think my Tads suit will last long. I only have about 50 jumps on it and it is already fraying at the seams. It is only 1 layer (most freefly suits are multi-layered for reinforcement at fast speeds) and I don't think it will last very long. In short - you get what you pay for. It is not an awful suit, but I wish I had invested that lower price in a longer lasting suit. Just my experience. I am ordering my new suit from Windline at Lake Wales. It is a FANTASTIC price and super high quality and I get to make my own personal design. Schweet! And they are SO nice! You can give them a call at (863) 679-9444. Hope this helps!
dove

Well, I got a freefly suit as well, but considering I've only had the opportunity to put 2 jumps on it, I don't know how much help I'll be.
Looks, fit, & construction: I love the way it looks, & in my limited experience it seems to be pretty good quality. It's not double layered, but every suit manufacturer that I've talked to, the only reasons they double layer their suits is because it's easier for custom design reasons. The stitching are all reinforced (french seams I think), and the zipper is the most heavy duty zipper I've ever seen.... it seems like a solid suit in my opinion, especially for $154US (which includes shipping), I couldn't have been more pleased with my order so far, & have in fact ordered Pam one for Christmas as well (shhh, don't tell, it's a secret). As far as fit... well, I had Pam do the measurements, she allowed between a 1/4 and ½ inch in the measurements for wearing jeans & warmer clothes underneath, and the suit came to me perfectly. Seriously, it fits me perfectly, looks great, & 'appears' to be a good solid suit... I would be totally comfortable recommending them to anyone.
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

Has anyone else had any experience w/ their suits? I'm also in the market for a freefly suit. While the idea of paying less is appealing, I want something that will stand up to my "non-stand-up" landings! Any ideas or input? Also, does anyone have a 2 piece suit (ex- firefly or bomber) & what is your opinion on it? Thanks in advanced.
**I'm a Pschydiver!
Majdi

I definitely was NOT happy with my Tads suit. However, Freak'n Suits by Windline suits at Lake Wales are almost as cheap and are superior quality and design. Give Sue a call at (863) 679-9009. About half the price of Tony suits and I think twice as nice! And they have the cool sandwich velcro cuffs! Tell Sue Elisa says hi!
dove
P.S. They are less expenisive cause they don't advertise. They don't need to. All business is by word of mouth!

I know Karen, the owner of Freedom Means Choice, very well. Almost all the freeflyers at my dz wear her suits. She is like $200 for a whole suit and a little more for some extra things like more pockets or whatever. But what she includes with it are great. It is SUPER DURABLE and cool looking. You don't think Skydive Dallas Freakers would wear something uncool do you?? LOL The extra $50 is worth it. Plus she has an online site where you can see tons of colors and an order chart.
Sis
Fear not your death - fear having not really lived. Willie Sinsel, KS.

I've got a Tad's Comp suit, and my buddy has a Freefly suit... strong construction, good fit, EXCELLENT price... why spend hundreds more for something with a high profile name - unless that is important to you. I endorse Tad's! Shipping was to Canada, but it was inexpensive, because I had it sent via postal service, not a courier. Time from order to delivery was reasonable - of course the delivery via the postal service took longer than the manufacturing of the suit did. I haven't any need to send it back to them yet, so I can't comment on the "stand behind them" question... but from my e-mail and telephone chat, I got a "groovy feelin' bout these folks"

My RW suit is from Air Wear by Wendy. Quality is excellent. It's stood up to three hundred jumps so far without any sign of wear. Wendy's prices are great, RW suits start at $170. http://www.airwear-by-wendy.com/
My freefly suit is from Merlin. Again, the quality was excellent, the fit was a bit off. They did free alterations, to I'm not complaining. Double layer, "pancake vercro"... all the things you look for in a freefly suit. Prices start at 170 again.
http://www.merlinsuits.com/
Both jumpsuits I've bought on the recomendation of the DZ I was at when I ordered it.
_Am

We got our suits from Tad's for christmas and they are AWESOME. We are going to hopefully jump them tomorrow for the first time, so I'll let you know how they fly. However, the fit is perfect on them and they look very good. The price, as IFLYME said, is right and their FF suits are awesome also.
Highly recommended!!!
JumpinDuo.com...come and sign the guestbook.